[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

Hi, I would like to know if this build is a good starter ?
I'm planning to play this next league but I don't know cause it requires 2 6L items and expensive ones.

Thanks
How easy is it to commit "suicide" due to reflect on rares with this build?
"
NoBillag wrote:
How easy is it to commit "suicide" due to reflect on rares with this build?

Literally one shot.
Update #15 (01 Nov, 2020):
i've revamped the build a bit for 3.12 and the damage is bigger than ever.
i did a sirus that literally did NOTHING in every phase (except for his auto attack).
if there's some interest i can update the guide.
for now here's my current pob:
https://pastebin.com/r41kn4dE
"
tufferugli wrote:
Update #15 (01 Nov, 2020):
i've revamped the build a bit for 3.12 and the damage is bigger than ever.
i did a sirus that literally did NOTHING in every phase (except for his auto attack).
if there's some interest i can update the guide.
for now here's my current pob:
https://pastebin.com/r41kn4dE

Thank you so much for the new POB.

I don't want you to update the whole guide but if you have the time, could you just write a quick paragraph highlighting some of the changes just to make finding them easier in the new POB?

Thanks again, great looking build!
"

Thank you so much for the new POB.

I don't want you to update the whole guide but if you have the time, could you just write a quick paragraph highlighting some of the changes just to make finding them easier in the new POB?

Thanks again, great looking build!

sure!
so, the biggest change from the pre cluster jewels build is, well, the use of cluster jewels :D

Disorienting Display is a super defensive buff.
Prismatic Heart gives a little bit of damage and helps in capping res.
Inspired Oppression is there just because i didn't have the money to buy a jewel with Sadist. Sadist is what you really want as the third notable.

this is the game changer jewel
Cold Conduction makes you shock enemies every time you chill them
and Stormrider makes you able to generate power charges when you shock chilled enemies.
super sick combo.

ideally you want a curse jewel with Master of Fear (Enemies you Curse are Unnerved) and Wish for Death (Culling Strike against cursed enemies).
i don't have the money to buy one of those at the moment, so after fiddling with an area cluster jewel (which i ended up not liking) i settled with this cluster for the Spiked Concoction node.

since the Cold Conduction+Stormrider combo took care of the power charge generation i was able to drop the power generation mod on my chest and use a frenzy generation one instead.

previously i used a rare amulet with cold leech, but this time around i tried to find a glorious vanity with cold leech in order to drop the rare amulet and use an aul with "zealotry reserve no mana" instead.

with 50% of my mana freed i decided to start using Herald of Ice and Aspect of the Spider.
there are probably better things that you could use, but those are 2 of my favourite skills in the game, so i was super happy to implent them in the build.

speaking of skills, Assassin's Mark is now a mark so it cannot be supported anymore by Curse on Hit (which is now called Hextouch and only support hexes) and therefore i simply converted the previous 6l frostbolt setup in a 4l one.

this opened up a lot of option for the chest 6link, but since i'm lazy af i am now using what i call "the buff button" which is an Arcanist Brand linked to all the buffs that i'm using (assassin mark, cold snap+bonechill and the new skills frost shield and sigil of power).

is super silly, but it works :D

Arcanist Brand has also the benefit of having a super nice helmet enchant:
"spell triggered by arcanist brand unnerve enemies on hit for 4 seconds".
i'm using it while i pile up the money for the curse cluster jewel.

note that this means that double influenced gloves with unnerve/faster casting aren't needed anymore, in fact i reverted to a simple pair of incursion ones that gives increased damage against chilled enemies.

and for last, i'm using a couple on alternate quality gems.
they all give small damage bonuses which is fine, but Divergent Frostbolt takes the crown since its quality makes the frostbolts even slower aka more nova overlaps.

that's all i think, but if you have further questions feel free to ask :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Oct 31, 2020, 10:56:33 PM
oh my god thanks you so much for that info!!!! I am going to take the time to digest it all and then ask questions as I find them.

I have a decent amount of currency to spend (probably well over 120ex once I sell off my Golem gear) so I hope I can fund a good portion of this build.

I am going to start picking up some of the core pieces as I go until I run out of on hand money and have to sell off current character. When that happens I will make the switch and start leveling this new interesting build you provided.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 31, 2020, 11:09:35 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 31, 2020, 11:17:50 PM
hw does this build mitigate against phys? ur pob shows 8% dmg reduction. Wldnt high lvl content shred u?
@tufferugli I went on a little shopping spree for some of the core items.

I think I did pretty good (good rolls on most items, ice nova damage helmet enchant, corrupted blood corruption on Intuitive Leap, double zealotry watchers eye and I think the correct cluster jewels you recommended).

Could you take a quick peak and let me know if I screwed anything up? I am leaving buying most of the rares until I want to balance resists after I level.

I don't know if the Explody chest mod is any good for this build but almost every one had it so I did not have a lot of choice there.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 1, 2020, 3:26:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info