[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

Do we use controlled destruction because of righteous providence? I noticed that there is no leveling guide.
What do you say if we compare Inquisitor with Hierophant for this self-cast Ice Nova? Most of ppl play Hiero, I also played Hiero Ice Nova last league, what are the differences with Inquisitor? Appreciate all answers.
"
lly1953 wrote:
A couple of questions:

1. On POB tree nods that are taken near Intuitive Leap cannot be seen, they are shown in site planner, however i can see that you're playing now with Instability that is not added in the planner, should we take it?

2. You've dropped Snowforged in your current char, but it's still in the pob and planner tree, should we do it too?

3. Same question about Watcher's Eye jewel slot, should we take it or just put it in a slot made by medium cluster jewel.

4. Ive looted good gloves with Socketed Gems are Supported by Level # Faster Casting / #% increased Cast Speed hybrid mod. Is it worth to use one mod gloves with Master of Fear from jewel over my current one:

That would be all, thank you for any reply.

1) instability at that level was good because it gave me +1 radius, but now that i have an ice nova aoe enchant on my helm i've respecced it.
2) i'll take it when i have enough skill points
3) didn't understand the question
4) not much, without unnerved AND faster casting they don't give more dps than "chilled enemies blabla" gloves

"
gtultimate wrote:
I tried to craft gloves with unnerve plus casting speed and this came up
nothing that special besides the 2 mods, is it worth to swap from those ( I have to drop the minimum chaos resistance for basic resistances since I choosed the 2 skill points over alira

check your pob, but your crafted gloves should be better

"
Navezz wrote:
Do we use controlled destruction because of righteous providence? I noticed that there is no leveling guide.

no particular reason. the gem adds a bunch of damage.

"
What do you say if we compare Inquisitor with Hierophant for this self-cast Ice Nova? Most of ppl play Hiero, I also played Hiero Ice Nova last league, what are the differences with Inquisitor? Appreciate all answers.

in 3.9 hiero had more ehp and aoe, but less damage.
i'm not sure if this still holds true for 3.10.
the reason i go with inq is because hiero need to press more buttons
Im confused, should we use normal skill tree or cluster jewel skill tree? What are the main differences of those 2 trees?
And why CWD is 20?
"
Navezz wrote:
Im confused, should we use normal skill tree or cluster jewel skill tree? What are the main differences of those 2 trees?

the main difference is that one has cluster jewels and the other one no.

if you are playing in delirium you should use the cluster jewels one because those jeweles can provide things that prior were expensive to get (power charge generation, unnerve) or actually impossible to get (blind)

"
Navezz wrote:
And why CWD is 20?

to use lvl 20 steelskin
Awesome build! Having tons of fun!

Spoiler

I was really impressed by the tankiness added by corrupted soul. I do have a question though, do you change something in your frostbolt setup for bossing? If you'd use slow proj, what do you remove or change?
"
Quelnor wrote:
Awesome build! Having tons of fun!

Spoiler

I was really impressed by the tankiness added by corrupted soul. I do have a question though, do you change something in your frostbolt setup for bossing? If you'd use slow proj, what do you remove or change?

yep, a lot of peolpe sleep on corrupted soul, but it's actually amazing.

a couple of leagues ago, with another ice nova character, i had a separate bossing setup with slow proj. i used pretty much the same setup, but with a frozen trail soketed in my tree and i swapped gmp/slower proj depending on if i was about to do mapping or bossing.

honestly i ended up hating the much more slower forstbolt against bosses, so in every ice nova charcter i made afterwards i simply used a single frostbolt setup for everything (the one you see in the guide), cause it feel better for me.

having said so, slower frostbolts means more ice nova overlaps, so if you think you are struggling with damage you can give a try to slower proj by socketing frozen trail

Crafted this :>

I like this build even tho theres some issues with surviability sometimes (delirium)...

Btw what should we get for uber atziri setup? (reflect)
"
JustifyRoot wrote:

Crafted this :>

I like this build even tho theres some issues with surviability sometimes (delirium)...

Btw what should we get for uber atziri setup? (reflect)

nice chest!

i didn't have much problems in normal t16, but i didn't played much delirium maps because my pc can't handle them and now i've pretty much quit the league couse i don't like it.

if you are near the dps i had in 3.9 (7m shaper in dps in pob fork) you can sacrifice a big part of it and be more tanky, because that level of dps it's kinda silly.

against reflect you can swap mark of the shaper for a sibyl's lament and take yugul as your minor pantheon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info