[3.12] Mana guardian Icestorm ~ Max Block/Spellblock UPDATED FOR HEIST

Hi! Thanks for the build. I would like to ask you to take a look at my pob, as i am certainly having problems with the configuration. Every time i import my character, without changing it, and put the same settings, the program shows a different DPS. If possible, i would also like some tips on how to improve the character, as i had serious problems with the last phase of Sirus, and ended up losing all portals.

https://pastebin.com/vMa1esrG

Thanks again!
I don't understand that in your posted pob, the 'Total More' in Icestorm's damage calculation is 671% but in fact the listed sources are only 238%.
"
sddyzjh wrote:
I don't understand that in your posted pob, the 'Total More' in Icestorm's damage calculation is 671% but in fact the listed sources are only 238%.

Because some calculations are additive and some are multiplicative. The fork calculates everything perfectly though, so its 100% accurate.
Seems to be going ok now, level 87, mapping quite well. Plenty of upgrades to get but once I hit 9.5k ES it started to go better. Just farming maps and delving to get stuff to craft.
Having trouble finding a chest piece :(

edit: Ok boots also don't exist at all for sale for this build, at least not if you want any decent ES
Last edited by Kurnis on Apr 3, 2020, 11:45:16 AM
"
Kurnis wrote:
Having trouble finding a chest piece :(

edit: Ok boots also don't exist at all for sale for this build, at least not if you want any decent ES

Poe.trade is better for searching, I am not sure the official one is working correctly.

Some of the kit for this build is damn expensive.
So I've been running the build for a little and made a couple changes I thought helped out some, at least for me:
1. My CWDT setup is CWDT lvl 2 - Immortal Call lvl 4, Increased Duration lvl 20, Frost Bomb lvl 11. I feel like this gives a little more survivability because IC is going off more often and Frost Bomb is out, helping kill stuff around you.
2. I'm also running Vortex as a 5L with Bonechill - Increased AoE - CoH - Frostbite - (Arcane Surge as the 6th link when I get there) and that also helps to kill mobs faster with more debuffs.
3. I dropped the Brute Force Solution under Faith and Steel, along with those 2 strength nodes, and am running a small cluster jewel up by CI with 6% mana, extra ES, and extra int per node, and Will Shaper, which increased my damage and ES significantly.
Also, what do you suggest for anointment on the amulet? I have Deep Wisdom (flat ES, Mana, and Int), but I feel like there might be a better node?
Struggling a bit in T12+, all item upgrades are insanely expensive now and crafting has been a bit poor. :(

"
Randomsama613 wrote:
So I've been running the build for a little and made a couple changes I thought helped out some, at least for me:
1. My CWDT setup is CWDT lvl 2 - Immortal Call lvl 4, Increased Duration lvl 20, Frost Bomb lvl 11. I feel like this gives a little more survivability because IC is going off more often and Frost Bomb is out, helping kill stuff around you.
2. I'm also running Vortex as a 5L with Bonechill - Increased AoE - CoH - Frostbite - (Arcane Surge as the 6th link when I get there) and that also helps to kill mobs faster with more debuffs.
3. I dropped the Brute Force Solution under Faith and Steel, along with those 2 strength nodes, and am running a small cluster jewel up by CI with 6% mana, extra ES, and extra int per node, and Will Shaper, which increased my damage and ES significantly.
Also, what do you suggest for anointment on the amulet? I have Deep Wisdom (flat ES, Mana, and Int), but I feel like there might be a better node?

Tranquility is king, always. And yeah, until youre in FULL %int gear with all the stacking, clusters can pull ahead a bit, but in testing, i found them to be overall weaker once i was in my end game gear.
notifier to everyone complaining about prices of gear for this build
fossil craft boys
Dense fossils are 2c each. 3c in bulk. I started the league with this build, on a 6.6k ES assassin, switched over to guardian, and crafted every single piece of my gear using dense fossils. It takes persistence, and patience. But for 1 exalt, youre getting damn near 30-40 tries to roll a good roll. Don't be greedy either when youre starting off. It's not hard to craft a pair of +int 100-150 es gloves/boots/helm, which is more than enough to get you going, then work your way up with time. I did it for the last 2 leagues, so i know 100% it is possible. Don't be afraid to craft flat int off the bench starting off either, dont be afraid to invest big bucks on %int gear either, because the more %int gear you have, the more impact all the flat int has on your build.

also, dont rush into minmaxing auras right away. You can get away with red maps without using skitterbots, i didnt even use them for the longest time bc i had aspect of the spider on my first pair of boots, so i used that instead. Be smart, be persistent, and your gear will come to you. For your neck, literally grab an astramentis, then work on alt/regaling a half decent %int or %attribute + 1% dmg per 15 int neck to start off, then transition to the GG stuff later. NEVER, i repeat NEVER invest too much money into one spot starting off either. Having 1 busted piece of gear < having 10 average pieces, since the build falls together like a puzzle. Every 20-30 intelligence is HUGE. And the more you get, the more huge it becomes, bc the scaling only intensifies as time goes on.

I urged people to watch streams when i league start, so they can see exactly how i struggle through my league starts, and my methods. Next league, please tune in and you will learn so much <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info