[3.12] Mana guardian Icestorm ~ Max Block/Spellblock UPDATED FOR HEIST

Hi all. I've been away from the game since about 3.4 and just decided to come back. I had a WI Occultist totally decked out when I quit, and want to do the WI build again on my return.

I'm having a tough time deciding between this one vs the Scion temp/occult Ascendant vs the Shadow power charge/crit Assassin.

This one looks like it has more ES and more DPS, plus it deals with removing elemental ailments too.

So what's the catch? Why are all the Ascendent and Assassin folks doing those instead of this one?

Are stuns an issue? Does this Guardian deal with stuns somewhere?

What am I missing?

Thanks.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Hi all. I've been away from the game since about 3.4 and just decided to come back. I had a WI Occultist totally decked out when I quit, and want to do the WI build again on my return.

I'm having a tough time deciding between this one vs the Scion temp/occult Ascendant vs the Shadow power charge/crit Assassin.

This one looks like it has more ES and more DPS, plus it deals with removing elemental ailments too.

So what's the catch? Why are all the Ascendent and Assassin folks doing those instead of this one?

Are stuns an issue? Does this Guardian deal with stuns somewhere?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I think it's just because Scion has an easier time with the early game gearing than Guardian that people choose ascendant instead. I went with guardian for more quality of life, and honestly I think I just dug into a part of the build that noone else has yet which allowed me to match their damage.
I will be updating this guide for Delirium in a few days once we get patch notes and the new gems. Will also be putting out a few other league start build guides
Great guide, one of the builds I am looking into depend on how big the Herald of Agony and mana guardian nerf is.

I will say Guardian has more energy shield AND defense than Ascendant, but we lack the damage inquisitor ascendancy brings to the table for Ascendant:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=The-Whispering-Ice&sort=energy-shield

"
hitmantb wrote:
Great guide, one of the builds I am looking into depend on how big the Herald of Agony and mana guardian nerf is.

I will say Guardian has more energy shield AND defense than Ascendant, but we lack the damage inquisitor ascendancy brings to the table for Ascendant:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=The-Whispering-Ice&sort=energy-shield

At the same gear level as my ascendant friend in metamorph, i had around 30% more dps than him, because i ran crit and a different setup. When i made this guide i wasnt in optimized gear :)
Updated for 3.10
It would be nice if you can provide some leveling trees. Where are we suppose to allocate our points on league start? Which way am I suppose to go first?
"
It would be nice if you can provide some leveling trees. Where are we suppose to allocate our points on league start? Which way am I suppose to go first?
i will try to get around to it, this build is on the back burner for this league because i am going to be maining something else, so once i figure out what im doing tomorrow ill start slowly updating my side builds
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Updated for 3.10

PLs Guide Lvling, and tree for lvling Life+ES .
And how many lv can transfer to CI ? 70,75,80?
"
hoangphongvu1 wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Updated for 3.10

PLs Guide Lvling, and tree for lvling Life+ES .
And how many lv can transfer to CI ? 70,75,80?

Yeah a leveling tree would be REALLY good, i rly liked the build but im kinda lost as on what nodes to go first

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info