Arctic Armour

Great skill, nice to mitigate reflect and compensate for relatively low armour builds.

Though, please make it so it doesn't turn off when you enter a new zone. That's just annoying as hell.
IGN: LallaLolLy
Reachable by PM and/or add me to friends ingame
^that

change this for all buff skills like tempest shield
how does AA work with mind over matter? does it turn off if a big hit takes all your mana away ?
it does turn off!
"
fsk1989 wrote:
it does turn off!
Only if your mana regen is too slow to offset the recharge.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
fsk1989 wrote:
it does turn off!
Only if your mana regen is too slow to offset the recharge.

what does that mean exactly though ?
if AA drains 250 mana and I have 265 regen will it turn off on a big hit that will take all of my mana?

"
grepman wrote:

if AA drains 250 mana and I have 265 regen will it turn off on a big hit that will take all of my mana?

he is saying that if your mp regen is more than mp damage, then no it will not shut off.
however, i suspect it should still turn off even if you can regen more mp than you actually just lost in a single moment.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

he is saying that if your mp regen is more than mp damage, then no it will not shut off.
however, i suspect it should still turn off even if you can regen more mp than you actually just lost in a single moment.

ok so with a big enough hit, lets say 3k
with cloak of defiance, mitigate 40% so 1200.
you have lets say 1k mana leftover

I'm fairly certain that one cannot get to 1k + mana regen per sec, even with all regen gear clarity discipline and some crazy ES gear

so then mitigation takes off 1k mana, takes 200 from your life, and then (is this the right order?) shuts off the AA ?
I think both the existence and order of this matters (since for most people, AA is the main defense against small hits) and make sure it shuts off AFTER the initial damage is applied.

either way, feels like if AA shuts off, the combo is very unreliable against big hits if you go with AA as a perma-on ability
I use AA + MOM, and last I checked taking a hit to the face from kole (which eats all my mana) does not turn off my AA.

Could be wrong. Don't think so.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
im also using cloak of defiance + AA and from my experience im 99,9% sure it doesnt turn off when you get hit for more mana than you have, thats the case if you regen more than AA needs.

something else: i havent read the whole thread but i was wondering if AA can be used to migitate a huge portion of reflect? for example EK and high level AA
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Last edited by Funcrusher on Nov 26, 2013, 11:45:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info