Arctic Armour

Arctic Armour is by far the best against fast-hitting enemies. Your boss hits once per second; a Voidbearer hits ten times per second, and comes with friends. AA effectively neuters them, and protects against any other Physical/Fire damage monster at the same time.

Clarity alone makes it far, far easier to sustain Arctic Armour, and Eldritch Battery is always a powerful solution to Mana Regen problems. It's really not that crazy, especially if you don't get a level 20 gem but something like lv15.

Arctic Armour drains Mana, it does not have a Mana Cost. Reduced Mana Cost does not apply.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 30, 2013, 7:40:05 AM
didn't see anyone ask this so i'll ask this for others. half of the question's answer is in my response last page but it didn't take account for mind over matter keystone. all i know is MoM is a multiplier based defense as it is a damage convert that happens before the true final step of damage. confusing part is that artic armor happens after damage reductions.

so i'm not sure if i answered the question in my confusion or not:
resistances/damage-reduction -> AA -> MoM
or
res -> MoM -> AA
which is it?
I'm pretty sure Mind over Matter only splits up the final damage that would be dealt to you, 70% in life, 30% in mana. So when you get hit you calculate what damage would be dealt to you (including arctic armour, res, endurance charges, whatever), then mind over matter splits that up between mana and life.

It's very possible to sustain arctic armour usage. I've done this before, running a level 19 arctic armour gem. This takes quite a bit of dedication, eldritch battery and a lot of regen, but it is very doable. It is an option to help your defense when you want a character to support a very high cost spell, you can pick up a high level arctic armour to use all the time with it. Or in my case, I was using explosive arrow so I really wanted arctic armour to help with my reflect damage mitigation, so it was completely worth getting the regen to support it.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:21 PM
"
Avelice wrote:
I'm pretty sure Mind over Matter only splits up the final damage that would be dealt to you, 70% in life, 30% in mana. So when you get hit you calculate what damage would be dealt to you (including arctic armour, res, endurance charges, whatever), then mind over matter splits that up between mana and life.

It's very possible to sustain arctic armour usage. I've done this before, running a level 19 arctic armour gem. This takes quite a bit of dedication, eldritch battery and a lot of regen, but it is very doable. It is an option to help your defense when you want a character to support a very high cost spell, you can pick up a high level arctic armour to use all the time with it. Or in my case, I was using explosive arrow so I really wanted arctic armour to help with my reflect damage mitigation, so it was completely worth getting the regen to support it.
ah thanks, i kinda confused myself there lol.

related to rest of your comment, it is also perfectly possible to get enough regen withOUT EB.
This is true, but in order to do so you need to get most of the aura passives to buff Clarity mana regen and still need at least 300% increased mana regen on top of that. While possible, in my opinion it's usually more efficient passive point wise to just pick up Eldritch Battery to amplify your base regen, and then pick up the aura nodes which are convenient.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Nov 1, 2013, 5:30:03 AM
IS Acrtic armor benefitting for the Aura Effectiveness passive nodes in any way?
"
azmodael wrote:
IS Acrtic armor benefitting for the Aura Effectiveness passive nodes in any way?

It's not an aura.
@UnfairMonopoly
Clarity + Aura Effectiveness Passives + a teeny bit of mana regeneration passive allows you to maintain arctic armour even while running.

Of course, getting all the aura passives requires running around all over the top hemisphere of the passive tree, but that's the price you pay, I suppose.
Is there a way to INCREASE the mana drained except for skilling Inner trashy Force?

I want to double, tripple, quadrupple, I really dont care as long as its a lot, the manacost.
Last edited by nynyny on Nov 6, 2013, 4:11:59 PM
Level up your gem to increase the cost, on top of inner force. Get a max level empower, put AA into a +1 gem level +2 cold gems level item and get it to 26.
@Moylin (Beyond)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info