Arctic Armour

increased AoE is almost not worth it sadly (I use it and still most melee mobs will not get chilled), there is also increased duration which makes the patches last longer, also not interesting, that is all. Ele prolif would have been interesting but does not work.

Last edited by Ozgwald on May 30, 2013, 6:23:29 PM
Sucks, too high mana cost, too weak.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Ozgwald wrote:
increased AoE is almost not worth it sadly (I use it and still most melee mobs will not get chilled)

Increased AoE has no effect on Arctic Armour, so it's not "almost" not worth using, it simply doesn't work with it.
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
Ozgwald wrote:
increased AoE is almost not worth it sadly (I use it and still most melee mobs will not get chilled)

Increased AoE has no effect on Arctic Armour, so it's not "almost" not worth using, it simply doesn't work with it.

You are 100% correct, I was thoroughly seeing ghosts or wishful thinking :)
Who wanna bet a fusing that no thought has been put the interaction of this skill and 1.11 ES/EB nerf?
Last edited by azmodael on Jun 2, 2013, 8:18:48 AM
"
azmodael wrote:
Who wanna bet a fusing that no thought has been put the interaction of this skill and 1.11 ES/EB nerf?

I'd take that bet since I saw the leaked alpha 1.11 patch notes before they were removed on reddit, not a nerf I suppose since hopefully it's just adjusted to fit the new damage amounts.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
BM keystone builds basicly sacrafice alot because they cant use any of the good buffs like hatred/purity/vitality/haste/determination, so i dont see why it would be such a problem to just change the degen to drain and have it work like any other skill that requires mana. id assume that would solve the problems that people are having with the IF passives too since those dont increase the reserve on buffs or change the mana cost of regular drain skills. i realise it could then be used with a BM gem but that is one of the biggest mana multipliers out there so it wouldnt just make that skill OP for anyone with a BM gem.

lvl 20 AA is probably the best defense in the game right now. using it with BM is trivial. couple it with high armor, huge hp pool (required for BM) and endurance charge/molten shell, it makes for extremely high tankiness available for a templar or marauder specializing in BM quite easily.

and in the new patch, with monsters hitting for less damage, AA will be even better.

it's kinda clear that the design of this skill doesn't really intend for you to be able to run the lvl 20 gem 24/7. not even EB users can run a level 20 easily.
Actually AA won't be better with the new damage numbers, according to the patch notes:
"
Arctic Armour has had its damage reduction adjusted for new monster damage scaling.
it'll be "the same" minus the fact that this flat amount reduction happens AFTER damage resistances (physical and fire), so it is still "better", specially for physical on post patch because smaller hit = more reduced)
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jun 4, 2013, 5:54:38 PM
i am a EA glass cannon templar and this skill is so perfect for me (elderict battery, inner force) , he increased my survival ability x 1000 ! around 4k - 300 mana regen per sec and no mana reservation i like that way...

i know its not for every build but i like your style to create some buff-aura keep that in the future xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info