Arctic Armour

Just wait when you skilled into this for max level and your buddies ask you to do one of the no regen or 50% regen penalty maps. Can you hear the sad violins play ^^ ? The skill needs to be reworked, no freebies, you need to skill into it and if there are maps with no regen and 50% regen mods than the degen should be cut by 50% or cut completely, just to name a quick solution.
Last edited by Ozgwald on May 24, 2013, 3:59:07 AM
I think one way to fix it would be to stop it working with inner force fully.

We would lose the buff which would suck, but wouldnt get the insane mana cost, and that way we could use inner force with clarity etc for regen.

Or they just need to buff the skill a little to make up for the fix, one suggestion is maybe add base armor to the skill so people can give up armor to use more hybrid/pure es gear for more regen.
Say 5 times the physical reduction as added armor, so a lvl 5 arctic armor would add 260 armor and a lvl 20 would add 955.
hi, all of a sudden i have a problem with this skill draining more mana than it says.
probably since last patch.

i have 193 mana reg, skill says 29.5+147.7=177.2 drained, thats 16 mana reg left, but when i run around my mana is drained at about 20 or 30 /sec.
Last edited by spohanpiscanc on May 30, 2013, 6:57:59 AM
Do you have Inner Force?
Arctic Armour is a Buff, and Inner Force increases all values of Buffs on you, and this includes the Mana Drain. Last patch (ish) fixed a bug with AA: the additional Drain while Moving did not increase with IF.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Do you have Inner Force?
Arctic Armour is a Buff, and Inner Force increases all values of Buffs on you, and this includes the Mana Drain. Last patch (ish) fixed a bug with AA: the additional Drain while Moving did not increase with IF.

another troll mechanic from ggg. gg.
"
spohanpiscanc wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Do you have Inner Force?

no, it recently was fixed so all of it is affected by IF and not just the default degen and the damage reduction.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
spohanpiscanc wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Do you have Inner Force?

no, it recently was fixed so all of it is affected by IF and not just the default degen and the damage reduction.

i dont rly consider degen a buff.
in any case it is just silly that they dont bother fixing the tooltip so that it would display the correct effects of so called "buffs".

whats next, inner force multiplies mana reserved?
BM keystone builds basicly sacrafice alot because they cant use any of the good buffs like hatred/purity/vitality/haste/determination, so i dont see why it would be such a problem to just change the degen to drain and have it work like any other skill that requires mana. id assume that would solve the problems that people are having with the IF passives too since those dont increase the reserve on buffs or change the mana cost of regular drain skills. i realise it could then be used with a BM gem but that is one of the biggest mana multipliers out there so it wouldnt just make that skill OP for anyone with a BM gem.

on a side note, i hope they add some more buffs that require fixed mana values because BM seems kinda lacking once you get to end game if you want to do any soloing.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on May 30, 2013, 11:36:28 AM
BM like most keynodes is very strong because it kills a hybrid system and allows you to focus on one stronger one. I think you are ignoring the fact that when you do not have mana and have high life regen (which is far more easier than mana) you get to focus both your gear and nodes. No need for mana rolls or mana regen, no need for mana nodes from the tree. Where others "waste" nodes, gear mods and no reduced mana support, here we got a keynode that prevents all the waste. If there are keynodes added that actually benefit staying hybrid you might have a right to complain.

AA is a choice and shouldn't allow free rides. 1st remove the free rides people are enjoying (combine stand still mana and on the move mana ... always). Next look at scaling. If there is a way for more life regen at the cost of life, than let's talk about making it work with BM.
Does increased AOE effect the ground ice? Because it definitely should. What other supports are good for AA?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info