Arctic Armour

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
whiteboba wrote:
this skill have made flame totem spec complete and utter shit, you cant have a skill that cant even dmg some monsters at all fix this shit
i'm sorry, how does your arctic armor hinder your flame totems?

Im wanting to know this as well.

____

Personal feedback again;

Still loving the skill, however I cant imagine running the mana cost past lv 3. Might reroll to compliment a proper setup.
The only true use I can see with this skill is getting 20% quality one and keeping it at lvl 1 for the move speed. Having to turn it on and off because it is unsustainable is not appealing to me.

In no ones mind is the mana drain a buff. Inner Force should lower the mana drain not increase it.
since arctic armor dont reduce the dmg that fire do to it, instead it subtracts the incoming dmg. Low effectivness spells cant dmg monsters with arctic armor

Flame totem have an effectiveness of 10% but shoots very fast every single pulse of flame totem will be negated by Arctic Armour
Last edited by whiteboba on Mar 22, 2013, 5:08:45 PM
yes but what monster uses arctic armor, and if you're THAT focused on a single skill, there is something wrong. this game is about balancing both balance and maximization in both defense and damage. a player that has between many and a few skills should go "lets try something else" if they had to go "why isn't this working" unless modern players are stubborn or something. if you have only one form of damage, of course you will get stuck. either ignore that problem or mix things up or find an alternative, preferably the middle option.
I am using this skill to incredible effect. I am easily able to sustain the mana cost at gem level 15, but there is one annoyance I would love to see changed.

When I switch zones, it would be great if the skill stayed activated. I've forgotten to turn it back on far too many times and gotten myself into a few tight spots.
"
Fillmore wrote:

The ice patch is great for tanking because it chills the mobs you are engaged with thus lowering their dps another 30%. the movement aspect of laying ice costs so much man for what it does that it is only good as a short GTFO helper to give an initial slow to mobs chasing you.

The ice path is too small to give a consistent chill to atacking mobs, even in close range, as some people have already reported before in this thread, so changing the ice path to a chill atacking mobs would be more effective for tanking.

And as you say, the ice path cost a LOT at high lvls, so if people do a build to use it they would keep it at a low lvl and max quality, given that the improvements to the ice path per lvl are minimal and it (the ice path) can be a really efective evasive tactic.

Thats the reason why I think it should be divided in 2 skills, that would make the skills a lot more effective and easier to balance.

I am running a Fireball/Incinerate tank Witch currently level 50 with 1.6k HP,600 ES, 700 mana, 75 all resists, and ~700 armor (using Armor-ES hybrid armors). I use a level 6ish Clarity and I have invested in the 3 mana gained on kill passives for 25 mana per kill. I can sustain the mana cost of Incinerate + Arctic Armor as I kill packs and these skills synergize great with each other. Physical damage mobs get massive damage nerfs as I buff up my Inner forced Molten Shell with 3 Endurance Charges on top of Arctic Armor.

My gear is kinda meh, but it is my first character past level 49. Build so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFOgdjB6UI9Ax9EH8VUBo4HRQfAiycMYg2xTbYNulJG0myT31RYFXGVytmnme9cH1zU3kDgFaCEISvh2WPRpBVm6GcLacIp4Spla-3uJPAGsBUxczGns9l0NDVgdgk2t3fsONq5oHpc-vu7FXub_Fs-tI=

As for the skill evaluation itself, the mana cost while running is fair as it is very powerful with Inner Force builds. Having a permanent physical damage reduction buff was a great idea and I like that it gives a situation feel for builds that can utilize it while standing still (such as Incinerate). All I can say is I am looking forwards to the next week of melee support gems!
Last edited by Repeats on Mar 22, 2013, 8:05:47 PM
Get lvl 1 20% quality gem only for the speed bonus xD, it is extra speed for the speed junkies plus it might slow some mobs. You can use it as defensive gem or as a speed boost :)
Last edited by NagiSoi on Mar 22, 2013, 10:23:43 PM
Question to grinding gear games regarding pvp... with the flat reduction, this makes someone with really high DPS incinerate (2k-3k, which is like 100-200 fire damage per hit), do almost no damage to someone using arctic armour

How do you plan to balance this?
IGN: anomolies
Last edited by anomolies on Mar 23, 2013, 12:21:11 PM
"
anomolies wrote:
Question to grinding gear games regarding pvp... with the flat reduction, this makes someone with really high DPS incinerate (2k-3k, which is like 100-200 fire damage per hit), do almost no damage to someone using arctic armour

How do you plan to balance this?

Why does it need new balancing? Lots of things counter others really well. For instance, Unwavering stance destroys anyone based on stuns, CI builds destroy viper strike, etc.

And if you PVP you should have ways to counter your counters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info