[3.9] CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - 1M+ Per Ball Explosion - All Content Easy

"
Karriane wrote:
"
unnanego wrote:
why u use flammability in helm instead assassin mark for example?
u got -fire res from combustion and wave of conviction +from tree

and what about setup anger-ash-vitality-enlighten +watcher eye with +life for each enemy hit by u attack? this give u a lot of leech with assassin mark? also u can use +life for each enemy hit by u attack as implicit on circle of angush

also i think best helm setup would be: mark + desecrate + spell cascade + cremation (u spam more corpses than u VD can consume)

wave of conviction to CWDT (u lose 20 lvl wave and steelskin but can take cremation in helm)
in maloney use frenzy+culling+combustion

Assassin's mark isn't useful because we're at 100% crit chance before it. There's never too much penetration too.

really? where?
in my POB where i theory minmax this build i have 52.5% crit chance without mark on barrage. 72% with flask
"
unnanego wrote:
"
Karriane wrote:
"
unnanego wrote:

and what about setup anger-ash-vitality-enlighten +watcher eye with +life for each enemy hit by u attack? this give u a lot of leech with assassin mark? also u can use +life for each enemy hit by u attack as implicit on circle of angush

also i think best helm setup would be: mark + desecrate + spell cascade + cremation (u spam more corpses than u VD can consume)

wave of conviction to CWDT (u lose 20 lvl wave and steelskin but can take cremation in helm)

Assassin's mark isn't useful because we're at 100% crit chance before it. There's never too much penetration too.

really? where?
in my POB where i theory minmax this build i have 52.5% crit chance without mark on barrage. 72% with flask

Try loading the POB link in the OP's guide and building from within that. Also try using something like an Ivory/Bone/Spine bow with a natural 6.5% crit chance if your crit chance with a 1.5 aps bow doesn't look like it's cutting it.

With the amount of accuracy and crit chance on this build, along with the +1 VD helmet enchant, you burn through the bodies desecrate provides faster than it can cast them. Removing Spell Cascade really hurts bossing capabilities. Adding Cremation won't give us more damage that we aren't already getting from just being able to provide bodies for our VD to cast on.

Culling strike is also sorta pointless in that you kinda just delete even T16 metamorphs near instantly. I opted for Frenzy + lvl 21 Combustion + lvl 21 Ensnaring Arrow to slow down any metas that might survive long enough to chase so I can stand out of their range and kite them into my barrage/VD.
"
Garulf161 wrote:
Amazing build!

How would one go around to stack more eHP though?

I think this build is immensely more fun to play than the Cyclone CwC VD. But that one can get the eHP a lot higher.

Is it possible to trade a little bit of damage to increase eHP?

If you feel like it's not tanky enough for you, just drop some damage nodes and get life nodes ;)

"
unnanego wrote:

Flammability bonus still stacks up even though we use WoC and Combustion.

Yes you can use +life for each ennemy hit by your attacks if you want.

You can try running that setup if you want. The build is pretty flexible when it comes to helmet sockets :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
Would you recommend this for Head Hunter? What would that variant look like?
"
roya82 wrote:
Would you recommend this for Head Hunter? What would that variant look like?

Every build with a HH is great. Even though this is not the best one due to the fact that VD is only fire spell.
That means that some buffs may not apply to us.

However, as I said before, every build with a HH is great, so if you wanna play with one just drop the stygian a pop it in ;)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1

Just fossil crafted this, need to prefixes cannot be changed and scour. What do you think the best suffixes to craft will be for this?
"
Karriane wrote:

Just fossil crafted this, need to prefixes cannot be changed and scour. What do you think the best suffixes to craft will be for this?

There are a lot of good suffixes to be crafted on bows: double damage while focussed, crit multi/chance when unique is nearby, flat crit multi/chance, attack speed, double damage etc...

Just see what you like better and check on PoB for the best DPS :)
My builds :

nice build to play in delve and other content i must to minmax rings and bow, grab the bottle and the enchant.....i think the enchant is the pain of this setup, no see that in market so i think i must to stay in lab for months......

p.s. need some advice for bowcraft, whats the best base? more aps, more crit? any guide for the fossils?
Last edited by Beskaius on Jan 23, 2020, 2:15:16 AM
"

So this is where I'm at so far. Went with the 30% double damage while focused because I feel cheap using only 2 buttons. It's also the highest dps mod I could put on. Lvl 4 Empower puts me at lvl 28 VD with a 21/23 VD gem.

Probably going to get some crazy Stygian with room for another damage mod or cooldown craft on it, but I kinda dig the flask gain from crit. It helps in keeping bottle and cinderswallow up 100% of the time. There's a pair of mirror gloves on the market with culling + Unnerve that would also work really well on this build.

I think the only better boots I could hope to find are something with cooldown and a natural life roll to craft cannot be frozen. Gonna be hard to give up these pierce boots though. Pierce really changes the feel of the VD casts. Even just +2 targets makes it feel a lot more aggressive, and together with Piercing Shots for +4, it shreds through large packs and distributes the VD casts more evenly through the depth of the pack. Definitely something worth playing around with for comfort.
Last edited by CrowMagnum on Jan 23, 2020, 3:10:00 AM
"
CrowMagnum wrote:
"

So this is where I'm at so far. Went with the 30% double damage while focused because I feel cheap using only 2 buttons. It's also the highest dps mod I could put on. Lvl 4 Empower puts me at lvl 28 VD with a 21/23 VD gem.

Probably going to get some crazy Stygian with room for another damage mod or cooldown craft on it, but I kinda dig the flask gain from crit. It helps in keeping bottle and cinderswallow up 100% of the time. There's a pair of mirror gloves on the market with culling + Unnerve that would also work really well on this build.

I think the only better boots I could hope to find are something with cooldown and a natural life roll to craft cannot be frozen. Gonna be hard to give up these pierce boots though. Pierce really changes the feel of the VD casts. Even just +2 targets makes it feel a lot more aggressive, and together with Piercing Shots for +4, it shreds through large packs and distributes the VD casts more evenly through the depth of the pack. Definitely something worth playing around with for comfort.

Really nice gear you got there! Glad you're enjoying the build :)

Interesting thing you said about the pierce, I didn't think about that but it's really interesting. Could you maybe make a video so that I can see the interaction? :)
My builds :

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info