0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
"
CanHasPants wrote:
/players x is broken for the same reason multi boxing is broken. Party drop rates are balanced around loot competition. Control all of the alts / proxies and you receive full iiq benefit without the competition. So. . .
"
I dont want the hassle of groups, i dont like grouping.
I just want the same benefits as group play when i solo.
Is that so wrong?

. . . If you want the full benefit of group play without having to join a group, /players x would have to make loot randomly "disappear" over time. Otherwise you're gaining way more benefit than grouping.

And how does it hurt you and your *fun* if i play My way and have my *fun*.
Oh and guess why people solo?
Because of griefing and ninja-looting.

I don't have the time to review your maths (need to leave for work soon) but thank you for providing such a detailed response.

As to the quoted questions: Chaos recipe nerf arbitrarily gimped my ability to acquire a significant income while progressing, and was implemented due to feedback about multi boxing. Furthermore, there are concerns about effects on the economy, whereby cost : benefit will balance itself around people who receive six players' worth of wealth for one character. I've already suffered an income loss due to this, now I'm being asked to accept your ability to keep up with the resulting inflation as "fun" ?? No thank you.

And as to why people solo, there are many reasons. I solo because I am more prone to suffering excessive lag when in a party in excess of one other person. Get over the loot ninja issue, I've spent an inordinate amount of time arguing in favor of party options. It's simply never going to happen.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
knac84 wrote:
To the people QQ'ing about solo drop rate: Nothing has changed neither in this patch, neither in 0.10.3. Are you on drugs?

And about the chaos recipe, quit crying omfg, maybe farm >60 areas and you can still do the damn recipe. What do you want people farming in lvl 15 areas to have the same reward than people farming higher areas? Are you botters or what?

Multiboxer & botters tears are hilarious.

P.S: /playersx is bad bad bad design, if you want increased item quantity run with IQQ gear and pay the penalty ( not having other mods available).

Nothing changed in "solo" this is true.

However, if played multiplayer and your team was good enough to "spread out" you could achieve more in a group rather than on your own.

Now the system is "Together we all get less" since loot is not increased by 100% increase pre player, but its done by 50% increased quantity per person.

1 player = 100% loot
2 player = 100% loot times 50% quantity = 150% loot divided by 2 players = 75% loot for each player

Ex2: Assume you have 100% quantity and your killing everything

1 player = 100% loot times 100% quantity = 200% loot
2 player = 100% loot times 150% quantity = 250% loot divided by 2 players = 125% loot for each player

Item find is hindered! for everyone in a party. People are cutthroat because there is less!

+1 on recipe, I am okay with that change.

-1 on multiboxer tears... Look they can still multibox Bosses, which was the whole issue in the first place.

Player X:
This design gives everyone the ability to "multi-box" without having to actually multibox.
-- It increases loot (for good or bad)
-- botters get an advantage with this.
-- solo players and small groups gain an advantage with this.
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2cqeioj.jpg[/img]
"
ailene2813 wrote:
While reading a lot of the posts, I came across a possible good idea how to fix the multiboxing AND distance problem that I find really easy and nice:

There's a post here talking about taking only those player into account for the loot-table, who did a minimum percentage of damage to the boss. How high this percentage should be needs to be tested, but wouldn't that solve some problems?

1) Now those multis even would have to be actively do damage to the bosses... not just standing around.

2) GGG can increase the distance for us long-range-attackers to be taken into account again.

3) Those players who just pop into a group-play and soloing alone, far away from the others, also only have a loot-table for one player. (OK, One issue would be still, that the rest, those who stay together and play the game as it is entended to be played, have the extra-health of the mobs. So add the possibility to show names on maps, then these players can be kicked more easily.)

Anyhow, great game and good ideas for patches! I still don't regret playing PoE after getting tired of D3's Paragon system. I like farming with/for my toon and getting upgrades once in a while. And in this I prefer PoE, having the possibilty to really craft useful stuff even in later game or buy it thru the trade channel or having the luck of a nice rare-drop...

Now what if I one shot the boss, because I'm a boss? Should I have to wait for you to hit everything before I steam roll the content?
"
Chypre wrote:
You are ignoring the fact that monsters have +250% life and you don't have 5 people helping you kill the monsters. You have to be able to take on huge packs of champs mixed with rare bosses. Regen life mod + Vitality aura, for instance is hard.

We deserve a reward for this extra challenge. People who exploit multiboxing are not challenged and multiboxing still works. Again, for proof just watch this guy's stream sometime. He is offline now but streams regularly: http://www.twitch.tv/pibadi/new

This patch seems to have had absolutely no impact on his multiboxing farming. He is probably earning about 3x what I was soloing in Fellshrine (killing, not just "chesting"). He has way less challenge. He can just stand there and tank Cruel Merveil, bring his newbie characters in and collect piles of rares.

Yea pretty much this. I like to play solo and hate grouping up. It's absolutely retarded that you have to group up to gain more exp and loot. I would love the challenge of clearing a zone solo with the 6 man difficulty on. I know tons of people that still multibox/keyclone so with this patch you guys just made them richer lol. But yea if playing solo gives you little exp and little loot, whats the point in playing? I agree with this guy though that people that want to play solo should have the option to set a zone to 6 man if they want to. Solo and group play should be equal.
I have read posts talking of multi client abuse, I do not get why its called abuse here just because its not a mimic to how some like to play while in other games e.g. EVE online mutli boxing is rewarded with less monthly cost for multiple accounts and is so celebrated that people have you tube videos on their exorbitant computer/monitor setups. Also I can only personally use between 1 and 3 clients depending on if the missus is using the net too so where does the 6 clients come into it? If that were the norm then wouldn't I be using more than my 3 max? And yes I use 2 clients in eve online, I used more than one character in diablo and will use more than one character in any game that supports it if I so choose AND I will even have snide comments about people who can only use 1 client because they either have no idea how to or do not have the mental faculties to use more than 1...that's aimed at the half wits who by their words have insulted me by calling what I find fun as "abuse".
Never come between a man and his goals or ambitions because in all things we made choices, changing that makes the choices pointless as well as futile and is there any thinking/non sheep orientated man willing to accept futility as fun?
Last edited by wadler on Mar 20, 2013, 3:26:45 PM
"
"
CanHasPants wrote:
/players x is broken for the same reason multi boxing is broken. Party drop rates are balanced around loot competition. Control all of the alts / proxies and you receive full iiq benefit without the competition. So. . .
"
I dont want the hassle of groups, i dont like grouping.
I just want the same benefits as group play when i solo.
Is that so wrong?

. . . If you want the full benefit of group play without having to join a group, /players x would have to make loot randomly "disappear" over time. Otherwise you're gaining way more benefit than grouping.

Ive done math on droprates.
Its not that big of an increase in some cases.

And how does it hurt you and your *fun* if i play My way and have my *fun*.
Oh and guess why people solo?
Because of griefing and ninja-looting.

Math on drops:

LootUnitDropped = 1 for 1 player with 100% IIQ.
(((IIQ%/100)*(1/Players))*(DPS%VSSolo/EnemyHP%))*((100-TimespentRunning%)/100)

Solo with 100% IIQ and 50% running time:
(((100/100)*(1/1))*(100/100))*((100-50)/100)=0.5 LootUnitsDropped

----------------------------------
Party with no IIQ from gear (IIQ was nerfed recently too, apparently it applied multiple times):
(grind party with 600% DPS and 50% spent running).
0,5 Loot units for each player.

*Casual* Party with 400% DPS and no IIQ and 75% time spent running:
0,16 LootUnits for each player.

Party with 1 IIQ hoarder (400% IIQ) and 5 DPS (500% DPS) and 50% runnning time:
0.89 loot units for each player.

Party with 1 IIQ Hoarder (200% IIQ) and 5 *casuals* (250% DPS) and 75% running time:

---------------------------------
Solo with no extra IIQ and *players /6* or multiloading with 50% running time:
0,5 Loot units for the player.

Solo with bad gear (75% time spent running to accomodate for lacking dps) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal::
0.25 Loot units for each player.

Solo with bad gear (75% running time) and 200% IIQ and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal::
0.39 loot units for the player.

Solo with 200% IIQ gear and good gear to give DPS (50% running time) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on merciless:
0,78 lootUnits for the player.

Solo with 400% IIQ gear and good DPS (50% Running time) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal:
1.07 LootUnits for each player.

Soloing with 400% IIQ and decent DPS (75% running time) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on merciless:
0.53 Loot units for the player.

----------------------------------------------

Now unless my math is flawed i can make the following conclusion:
Soloing with 400% IIQ gear and 50% running time and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal, is the most effective way to gain loot.
Its 20% better then casual parties with a dedicated 400% IIQ last striker and good dps for the rest.
Its 668% better then a no IIQ and mediocre geared casual party.
Its 428% better then a solo grinding with no IIQ and no Players /6 or multiloading.
Its 200% better then Soloing with 400% IIQ and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on merciless.

So now to make conclusions:

For just farming items for recepies:
1:
Solo with 400% IIQ gear and good DPS 50% Running time and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal:
(might be 2x-3x more loot depending on HP of enemies on normal, the speed of each *farming run* is increased.)

2:
Solo with 200% IIQ gear and good gear to give DPS (50% running time) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on normal:
(might be 2x-3x more loot depending on HP of enemies on normal, the speed of each *farming run* is increased.)

----------------------------------

For boss farming in merciless:
1:
Solo with 400% IIQ gear and good DPS 50% Running time and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on merciless:

2:
Party with 1 IIQ hoarder (400% IIQ) and 5 DPS (500% DPS) and 50% runnning time and using maps without IIQ increase on them:
0.89 loot units for each player.

3:
Solo with 200% IIQ gear and good gear to have good DPS (50% running time) and /players 6 or multi-loading and farming merveil/Vaal/the ledge on merciless:

Solo with players /6 or Multi-loading:
No need to group with badly designed grouping system.
Freedom to leave to eat and such things without interupting other players.
Risk of loosing XP on death is high due to not having other party members to spread the damage taken.

Grouping:
Synergy between skills is increased.
Spreading the damage taken reduces the amounts of deaths.
Needs co-ordination and people dedictated and smart enough to maximize gear efficiency.
Needs people that trust eachother and knows eachother.

Factors to consider:
Psychological loot-splosion factor, bigger loot drop = happier player.
Minimize time spent running from enemy group to enemy group.
Maximize DPS while considering defence and IIQ aswell.
Risk factors of area one farms in.
Penalty for being overleveled in an area.

I think you forgot to factor in the Derp factor...

MF only affects loot IF you KILL the target
-- The Derps will culling strike your bosses.

Finding 5 players all with similar high MF is not achievable for the common player.

Finding 5 players that won't derp your Exalted and say, "derpa derpa hahaha!" is a pain in the arse. I enjoy party play when my friends on, but the pugs are dog-eat-dog.

Now we all have to hold hands and skip to the beat of the party.
"
wadler wrote:
I have read posts talking of multi client abuse, I do not get why its called abuse here just because its not a mimic to how some like to play while in other games e.g. EVE online mutli boxing is rewarded with less monthly cost for multiple accounts and is so celebrated that people have you tube videos on their exorbitant computer/monitor setups. Also I can only personally use between 1 and 3 clients depending on if the missus is using the net too so where does the 6 clients come into it? If that were the norm then wouldn't I be using more than my 3 max? And yes I use 2 clients in eve online, I used more than one character in diablo and will use more than one character in any game that supports it if I so choose AND I will even have snide comments about people who can only use 1 client because they either have no idea how to or do not have the mental faculties to use more than 1...that's aimed at the half wits who by their words have insulted me by calling what I find fun as "abuse".

Its jealosy.
They dont have the funds to buy a PC with 16+ GB ram and other things so they march on forums proclaiming its *abusing the group mechanic*.
And they think forcing us multi-loaders to play *their way* will make us see the wrong in our *unethical behavior*... Pffft nope.
Ill multi-load as much as i can, and if i cant i wont be playing this game more as its just too boring too solo grind as i get very little loot.

Either remove the group +IIQ% or introduce /Players 6.
Thats 2 ways to *solve* multi-loading.
So as a solo player am I penalized for killing out of range?
all I'm gonna say is +1 to /player x (again)

As for cyclone... I couldn't wade through 10000 posts about boxing to find if there's any info on it... but buffed? What i saw while checking its a huge nerf for non-bm users, basically its travel time is 1/3rd of what it was, its mana use is same, which means 3x mana use for same distance/damage, how on earth is that a buff??

Its mana use went to high hell, it's utterly pointless to try without EB or BM+LoH/leech anymore... if even. Maybe its buffed for 'someone', its utterly useless to me in this state... back to square 1, WTB a freaking working aoe phys skill for claws...
"
andybmcc wrote:
So as a solo player am I penalized for killing out of range?

I don't think so. Only if you're in a party.

If you decide to party, use the new armor skill and hoover. Let others do the killing. That's how the game is designed.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info