3.9 Magma Orb Deadeye - 7 chains, deathless Uber Elder & Sirus, kill metamorphs offscreen

could this build work with fireball?
"
russellang wrote:
wondering why we take projectile weakness over flammability.
is it only for the knockback effect?
seems like flammability will increase damage taken by quite a bit.

I tried flammability in POB, it seems to give a lower DPS (by like 12%), I think it's mainly because we already have a bunch of -fire resist from wave of conviction.
"
Rerxx wrote:
"
russellang wrote:

I tried flammability in POB, it seems to give a lower DPS (by like 12%), I think it's mainly because we already have a bunch of -fire resist from wave of conviction.

hmm, my current fire penetration is 9%, so for a mob with 75% resist
wave of conviction -25%, flammability -44%, fire pen -9% = -78%
damage is 1*1.03 = 1.03

vs
wave of conviction -25%, fire pen -9% = 41% resist, 54% increased dmg from proj weakness
damage is 1.54*0.59 = 0.9086

flammability should deal 13% more damage than proj weakness against capped mobs.

for a mob with 0% resist
flammability would deal damage of 1.78
proj weakness would deal damage of 2.06
but a mob at 0% resist should not be significant.

the equivalent point should be around 50% resist. >50%, flammability would deal more damage, <50% projectile weakness deals more damage.

at least i think thats how it works. can anyone confirm?
Last edited by russellang on Mar 24, 2020, 1:33:11 PM
Could you assist with this build.
Cant get over 400k total dps. What am i doing wrong ?
What items should i change first. Thank you, sir.
https://pastebin.com/a2TRmKBr
Last edited by ToshaTier on Apr 15, 2020, 6:40:17 AM
"
ToshaTier wrote:

I imported your build into PoB and your configuration was completely untouched. Here is another look at your PoB with config. set to the same as the OP. https://pastebin.com/LvQp2Rrb

Btw, you have 900k shaper dps ;)
"
Rerxx wrote:
"
russellang wrote:

the equivalent point should be around 50% resist. >50%, flammability would deal more damage, <50% projectile weakness deals more damage.

at least i think thats how it works. can anyone confirm?

I currently have 2m shaper dps on my set-up in POB. I imported a 20/20 flammability jewel over proj. weakness and it reduced PoB DPS to 1.93M. I did some experimenting and it seems like gloomfang scales better with projectile damage over fire damage. It was only after removing gloomfang that flammability had increased DPS over proj. weakness
Last edited by Nihigami on Apr 17, 2020, 10:40:28 AM
"
Nihigami wrote:
"
ToshaTier wrote:

I imported your build into PoB and your configuration was completely untouched. Here is another look at your PoB with config. set to the same as the OP. https://pastebin.com/LvQp2Rrb

Btw, you have 900k shaper dps ;)

okay.. looks like i had to read pob manual first)

Also there is a Glorious Vanity (Xibaqua) jewel to turn Pain Attunement keystone into Divine Flesh. PoB doesn't show it in Skill Tree menu. Wondering if it calculates +30% fire damage
"
okay.. looks like i had to read pob manual first)

Also there is a Glorious Vanity (Xibaqua) jewel to turn Pain Attunement keystone into Divine Flesh. PoB doesn't show it in Skill Tree menu. Wondering if it calculates +30% fire damage

It does not. What you have to do is create a custom jewel and hardcode the passives to it.
Last edited by Nihigami on Apr 17, 2020, 10:39:41 AM
So, I played this as my main build for delirium league, and I can say I'm really happy with it! Modifying the tree to make use of cluster jewels was easy and pushed the damage to 3m while at 6k life, and divine flesh made A8 Sirus not bad (typically die on the last phase a couple times, but it was my first league to actually fight him and win).

I mainly used this build to farm T14-16 blight maps and made bank doing so. I threw in a 6-L Serpentine Staff to help AOE clear (cast-while channeling cyclone), and it really made things easy. It also really helped leveling in Delve as well since the mobility helped preventing you from getting popped from having to stand still while casting magma orb.

Overall, it really does take some time and investment to get it rolling, but definitely a fun play style. The only real downside is mana sustain in drawn out boss fights. Since the enduring mana flask no longer queues, it really does take some micro-management to make mana last, and running out of mana flask charges really makes boss fights challenging (especially in juiced up delirium maps).

Overall, min maxing the build was great, and as of now I pushed it to around 35-40 ex (with a reasonable investment path). ALSO, keep in mind, if you CANNOT FIND A TIMELESS JEWEL WITH FIRE DAMAGE LEECHED AS LIFE, YOU CAN FIND IT ON A CORRUPTED GLOOMFANG (but that means no allocation, but still really great as a placeholder).

Last edited by Nihigami on Apr 30, 2020, 1:35:27 PM
nice build- any updates?
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info