[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

"
rorolandofeld wrote:

For anyone that's gone from the standard 7.5 APS+15CDR to 10APS+52CDR - how much difference did you notice? I'm thinking about grabbing CDR belt + Awakened CoC, but that's a pretty big investment. Just wondering if it's money well spent, or not really noticeable.

note - i don't have problems with content, but ultimately would like to go a bit faster (tailwind boots/frenzy/onslaught)

I'm at that point too, and did grab the Awakened CoC because it's a simple upgrade (compared to digging through rares and balancing resists). Keep in mind even at level 1 it's a DPS upgrade even if you don't take advantage of the CDR and it will also take a long time to level so it might be worth grabbing early if you plan to get it eventually.

I'd expect a 33% increase in your APS and procs would be 33% more DPS all things considered since you get 33% more procs per second! That's ignoring the Cospri though since that will not get the full CDR benefit and you will clip your CD windows, so maybe 25% more as a guess?

Another gem to watch is Awakened Cold Penetration, at level 5 it's a clear win over Inspiration with the +1 to gem levels. I'm levelling one in my offhand.

"
blingi wrote:

Also, it seems possible to fit skitterbots on this build since we have a bunch of unreserved mana left, why is noone doing this? Wouldn't this give us a better chill while also adding 18% more damage through shock?
Extra damage taken from shock and chill with bonechill stack, right?

Are you running Aspect of the Spider? I only have 50 mana unreserved (Spider / HoI / Precision / Discipline).
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Jan 23, 2020, 7:04:42 PM
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
"
rorolandofeld wrote:

For anyone that's gone from the standard 7.5 APS+15CDR to 10APS+52CDR - how much difference did you notice? I'm thinking about grabbing CDR belt + Awakened CoC, but that's a pretty big investment. Just wondering if it's money well spent, or not really noticeable.

note - i don't have problems with content, but ultimately would like to go a bit faster (tailwind boots/frenzy/onslaught)

I'm at that point too, and did grab the Awakened CoC because it's a simple upgrade (compared to digging through rares and balancing resists). Keep in mind even at level 1 it's a DPS upgrade even if you don't take advantage of the CDR and it will also take a long time to level so it might be worth grabbing early if you plan to get it eventually.

I'd expect a 33% increase in your APS and procs would be 33% more DPS all things considered since you get 33% more procs per second! That's ignoring the Cospri though since that will not get the full CDR benefit and you will clip your CD windows, so maybe 25% more as a guess?

Another gem to watch is Awakened Cold Penetration, at level 5 it's a clear win over Inspiration with the +1 to gem levels. I'm levelling one in my offhand.

"
blingi wrote:

Also, it seems possible to fit skitterbots on this build since we have a bunch of unreserved mana left, why is noone doing this? Wouldn't this give us a better chill while also adding 18% more damage through shock?
Extra damage taken from shock and chill with bonechill stack, right?

Are you running Aspect of the Spider? I only have 50 mana unreserved (Spider / HoI / Precision / Discipline).

Yeah, I run spider but took both aura clusters.
Yeah I had a look your tree is really different. Loads of strength on gear to enable Shaper's Touch too which is nice. I think it's safe to say most of us aren't running it like that. If I get the aura nodes I'd probably be giving up a lot.
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
Yeah I had a look your tree is really different. Loads of strength on gear to enable Shaper's Touch too which is nice. I think it's safe to say most of us aren't running it like that. If I get the aura nodes I'd probably be giving up a lot.

I made the switch from mjolner CoC, so my build isn't quite done yet.
As soon as I get a good ES belt I'll probably drop the shaper's touch, right now it would cost me too much ES to give up.
Just in general it seems worth it to me to pick up the aura clusters for more ES/damage through aura effect as well as another 18% damage through shock.

Can someone take a look at my PoB please?
I'm at 7.45 aps in PoB but the ingame tooltip shows only 6.8 on cyclone.
Any idea what I put in wrong or why it shows a wrong value?
https://pastebin.com/gnqYRW1B

Also how good is this whole max block + ES on block interaction?
Been feeling a bit squishy so I was thinking about switching to that, but it would massively decrease my damage.
I'd have to drop my 15% DD lethal pride and Atziri's Reflection (which means I need a flask for curse immunity so I'd have to drop Wise Oak too).
Is it worth giving up ~30% damage for that?

Last edited by blingi on Jan 24, 2020, 10:35:11 AM
"
SuperBurgers wrote:

Been feeling a bit squishy so I was thinking about switching to that, but it would massively decrease my damage.
I'd have to drop my 15% DD lethal pride and Atziri's Reflection (which means I need a flask for curse immunity so I'd have to drop Wise Oak too).

Not sure on the APS question - are you checking that in game with all reliable buffs active (elusive, etc.)?

Your tree is very different from mine - but i'll say that the entire reason i came to this from the life version is because of survivability. I was stalling out around 91 with life, and after switching to ES/Block I climbed to 95 pretty quick and only died a handful of times on the way. My nova damage is like 1/3 of yours (just compared quickly on PoBs, so some settings might be off) and i never feel like it's an issue.
Last edited by rorolandofeld on Jan 24, 2020, 12:04:51 PM
"
rorolandofeld wrote:
"
SuperBurgers wrote:

Not sure on the APS question - are you checking that in game with all reliable buffs active (elusive, etc.)?

Your tree is very different from mine - but i'll say that the entire reason i came to this from the life version is because of survivability. I was stalling out around 91 with life, and after switching to ES/Block I climbed to 95 pretty quick and only died a handful of times on the way. My nova damage is like 1/3 of yours (just compared quickly on PoBs, so some settings might be off) and i never feel like it's an issue.

I'm just checking my aps in combat with flasks up, so I dont know what I could be missing.
ok so how do people get over 50% cooldown recovery rate? belt + boots + awk coc only give you like 45% right?
Gem is 22. T2 belt and boots are 15 each. That's 52.

I ran into Aul for the first time ever, any tips? Finding it really hard to see what's going on with the nova spam blue on blue on blue... maybe I should just come back when I get more ES and damage.

Edit: Beat him but damn is it hard to see what's going on. I need an invisible nova mtx.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Jan 24, 2020, 8:39:33 PM
Tried out the expensive Eternity Shroud conversion version of CoC Ice Nova with some unoptimized gear. Most overrated build I've ever played in PoE.

Single target damage is really great, but chaos damage shreds you instantly. 5k health 4k ES might as well be nothing because anything that can get one single hit off with chaos damage or spread degen ground pops you. ES recovery isn't enough with the smaller pool and without Ghost Reaver so the 10ex ES on hit jewel is mandatory too, whereas it's only a suggestion in the defensive CI version. All and all it's just a very expensive way to play the glass cannon life version of CoC Ice Nova with more damage. It would take 150ex to get the build to a point where it's broken (~6.2k or more life, 5k+ ES), which is insanity in a world where summoners exist.

The CI tank version is fine as is. I think the low-ish single target is just something that has to be accepted for the amazing recovery and defense it has. Don't bother trying Eternity Shroud with this. If you want to use Eternity Shroud you should play a different build that lets you sit at range like Storm Brand/Arc/Divine Ire/etc.
Damage is fine most of the time anyway. I'm not super geared and T16s are very easy (except some metamorphs) and I even ran a bunch of T19s just to try. They were easy too except for map bosses, beyond bosses and syndicate members. Those were all a bit risky. Metamorphs also took far too long to bother at T19 even with easy mods.

I do miss damage a bit on some fights like Shaper Guardians where you can mess up in longer fights but it's not a huge problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info