[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

"
Nirathalia wrote:

So I manage to craft this thing today. How good is the spell crit?

Since the build naturally has more spell crit then attack crit your Ice Novas should be close to 100% crit even without Increased Critical Strikes I think. Just glancing at the build guide's PoB you'd already be at 98.3% crit chance without it. The DPS gain would be small.

If you don't have your flasks up or you don't have a Bottled Faith yet it would definitely be a big DPS increase. I would sell the armor rather than use it in this build since you'll probably find someone to overpay for it.

@Citronas I looked at your PoB but I don't see how you get over 10 APS either. Someone more knowledgeable would have to look.
Well if you checked and it seems good, i guess its fine
"
corrella wrote:
I am sorry for such a stupid question, but I have allocated every str nod you use on the tree and I am still only on 81. I have no clue how do you get it to 88.

Do you have the timeless jewel? Mine adjusts nodes to grant extra str.
So a few questions regarding this build:
1. How much increased cold damage taken does bonechill add? It doesn't seem to mention that in the skill description.
2. Is there a way to fit in a second curse or is it just not worth it?
3. Wave of conviction vs frost bomb? Which is better at applying exposure as cwdt?
4. Is frost bomb in cospris necessary to ensure exposure uptime on bosses or can we just use a damage support gem?
5. Do we reliably chill bosses?
6. Why is energy from within so popular on this? It doesn't add that much ES and we could use a double crit multi ES jewel instead.
Last edited by blingi on Jan 23, 2020, 8:21:34 AM

For anyone that's gone from the standard 7.5 APS+15CDR to 10APS+52CDR - how much difference did you notice? I'm thinking about grabbing CDR belt + Awakened CoC, but that's a pretty big investment. Just wondering if it's money well spent, or not really noticeable.

note - i don't have problems with content, but ultimately would like to go a bit faster (tailwind boots/frenzy/onslaught)
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
"
corrella wrote:
I am sorry for such a stupid question, but I have allocated every str nod you use on the tree and I am still only on 81. I have no clue how do you get it to 88.

Do you have the timeless jewel? Mine adjusts nodes to grant extra str.

Nope, that I do not have at the moment. Thank you for the tip. Will try now :)
Hello please can anyone tell me what is wrong with my gear i only have 6.4k es and i start to wonder how ill reach 9-10k es..
"
blingi wrote:
So a few questions regarding this build:
1. How much increased cold damage taken does bonechill add? It doesn't seem to mention that in the skill description.
2. Is there a way to fit in a second curse or is it just not worth it?
3. Wave of conviction vs frost bomb? Which is better at applying exposure as cwdt?
4. Is frost bomb in cospris necessary to ensure exposure uptime on bosses or can we just use a damage support gem?
5. Do we reliably chill bosses?
6. Why is energy from within so popular on this? It doesn't add that much ES and we could use a double crit multi ES jewel instead.

1. Since mob HP is so variable and trash doesn't matter it's probably best to just assume the chill will only be equal to the effect of chilling ground multiplied by your chill effectiveness, so it would be take 14.4% more damage with a 20/20 Bonechill Support. I think?

2. Awakened Curse on Hit (a little socket starved but you could do it) with frostbite would be pretty great. Could otherwise grab Whispers of Doom for 5 points. I don't think Thread of Hope will let you take Arcane Potency with Whispers so that's kind of bad. +1 curse ammy would be horribly overpriced. You can't get assmark+frostbite together on a ring which makes it obnoxious to gear. I would think Awakened Curse on Hit would be the best way.

3. Is there an easy way to make wave of conviction ice damage? I've never used it. It's the same amount of resist reduction so I would think it doesn't matter.

4. Uptime on bosses will be low with CWDT yeah, if you don't need the leech and you're ok with the frostbolt/ice nova in your Cospri's proccing less that seems solid.

5. With individual hits being under 500k and Shaper etc. having 60 million HP you'd never chill them much with cold damage I think. But the chilling ground from vortex should be base 10% chill always(?)

6. True. 21% ES could be 8% ES and 45% crit multi instead which would help you stay alive a lot better because you kill faster.

Just my opinions I'm no expert.

@Kingtichat More ES on helm and a better belt would go a long way.
I went with a Thread of Hope to Snag some of the other passives for more dps but now it says that Tranquility isn't allocated? I have my amulet annointed with Tranquility. I posted this in the technical support forum but it got moved to gameplay discussion almost immediately. Anyone else that can test this?
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

1. Since mob HP is so variable and trash doesn't matter it's probably best to just assume the chill will only be equal to the effect of chilling ground multiplied by your chill effectiveness, so it would be take 14.4% more damage with a 20/20 Bonechill Support. I think?

2. Awakened Curse on Hit (a little socket starved but you could do it) with frostbite would be pretty great. Could otherwise grab Whispers of Doom for 5 points. I don't think Thread of Hope will let you take Arcane Potency with Whispers so that's kind of bad. +1 curse ammy would be horribly overpriced. You can't get assmark+frostbite together on a ring which makes it obnoxious to gear. I would think Awakened Curse on Hit would be the best way.

3. Is there an easy way to make wave of conviction ice damage? I've never used it. It's the same amount of resist reduction so I would think it doesn't matter.

4. Uptime on bosses will be low with CWDT yeah, if you don't need the leech and you're ok with the frostbolt/ice nova in your Cospri's proccing less that seems solid.

5. With individual hits being under 500k and Shaper etc. having 60 million HP you'd never chill them much with cold damage I think. But the chilling ground from vortex should be base 10% chill always(?)

6. True. 21% ES could be 8% ES and 45% crit multi instead which would help you stay alive a lot better because you kill faster.

Just my opinions I'm no expert.

@Kingtichat More ES on helm and a better belt would go a long way.

Thanks.
As a follow up, I have awakened CoH but I don't really have the sockets to fit double curse and bonechill into this build. So the only option would be getting a ring with some mark?

Just curious if it's worth it since you lose damage from frostbolt/nova proccing less + you lose damage from not supporting them with a different gem. Will the increased uptime of frostbomb compensate for that?

Also, it seems possible to fit skitterbots on this build since we have a bunch of unreserved mana left, why is noone doing this? Wouldn't this give us a better chill while also adding 18% more damage through shock?
Extra damage taken from shock and chill with bonechill stack, right?

And how important is pandemonius? The chill isn't important cause we get it from vortex/nova, so how important is the blind?
Last edited by blingi on Jan 23, 2020, 7:30:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info