PoExplorer, a new shop indexer

its just easier to see the real stats on it and not only the dps.like me im currently looking for a sword with 200+ max phy dmg but with your current set up,i can only see the dps/phy dps/ele dps and i need to *guess*,if the phy dps is *** well the weapon should have around *** phy dmg and i need to go on the seller post to really see how much is the real phy dmg on it.

exept that i must say all the other option are superior to poe.xyz and easier to use.nice work

Last edited by zakariusqc on Mar 19, 2013, 9:26:44 PM
"
niuage wrote:

@incugus: you're right to be careful, but in this case, you're too careful ^^. I just needed authentication for my admin account, and it made sense to me to allow users to create an account as well. I plan to release features that will require you to be logged in later, like favorite searches. I'm not doing anything with your emails and your passwords are encrypted, as they should be :)

Then why not hide the LOG IN, and access it by url directly yourself, no need to have it public, and once you have the registered user features you can enable it.
also i would suggest adding a HUGE disclaimer when registering, explicitly telling users to NOT use the same info as in poe. You need to always design & code as if the users are gonna mess up.

Plus it can save you the hassle. And appear more transparent, this is just advice, and i hope you take it, because i HOPE you get donations and the praise for helping out the game you deserve by creating a higher quality tool. even if previous alraedy existed, yours is better , and already looks like a much more professional site, with someone who cares behind.
"
zakariusqc wrote:
its just easier to see the real stats on it and not only the dps.like me im currently looking for a sword with 200+ max phy dmg but with your current set up.i can only see the dps/phy dps/ele dps and i need to *guess*,if the phy dps is *** well the weapon should have around *** phy dmg and i need to go on the seller post to really see how much is the real phy dmg on it.

What's displayed in "Physical Dmg" and "Elemental Dmg" are not the physical and elemental DPS though. The physical damage displayed is just (min_physical_damage + max_physical_damage) / 2. In my opinion it's enough to decide, but maybe not.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Mar 19, 2013, 9:28:52 PM
"
incugus wrote:
Then why not hide the LOG IN

Because, honestly, I can't see any drawbacks in showing it and letting people who like the site register for later. 0 drawbacks for me, or them. It just never came to my mind that people could be that suspicious.

Same for the disclaimer, didn't think about it. It's a good idea though, I'll add it.

Last edited by niuage on Mar 19, 2013, 9:33:06 PM
Smaller fonts please...
"
niuage wrote:
"
incugus wrote:
Then why not hide the LOG IN

Because, honestly, I can't see any drawbacks in showing it and letting people who like the site register for later. 0 drawbacks for me, or them. It just never came to my mind that people could be that suspicious.

Same for the disclaimer, didn't think about it. It's a good idea though, I'll add it.

It's not about being suspicous, it's about being transparent. I mean it in the best way man.
It will make more people trust the site use it, and if they trust the site and you, they might donate.

Besides that, as i said first in my first post, great work on the site. Size of stuff is perfect for me. Keep it up.
"
coli wrote:
Smaller fonts please...

I'll probably make things smaller overall when I redesign the site. Until then, you can just zoom out ;) I'll try to fight the urge of redoing the design right now and focus on features.

This is what I dislike about the website:
I really hate the layout. It's too big and in-your-face, and horribly cluttered with things nobody needs, like the "facetted search" and the sidebar on the right, which should be able to be hidden and the middle column stretched to fit the whole page from left to right. You should learn from poe.xyz.is. Also, it seems to me that the DPS of some weapons is shown incorrectly. Search for the 2h sword with the highest DPS for example (Golem Needle). It has no elemental damage but the website shows Elemental damage: 22, which boosts its DPS to 510 when in reality it's 480.
Also, it's impossible to middle-click any of the links in your website, which is absolutely horrible.

Apart from that it's nice, but for the reasons I listed I'll still use poe.xyz.is over it. Maybe I'll switch if you fix these things and add new features (because right now there's literally no reason to use it over the other market indexers).
The pen is mightier than the sword, yet it is more permanent than a pencil.
Last edited by xxxmetalgearxxx on Mar 19, 2013, 9:51:25 PM
"
This is what I dislike about the website:
I really hate the layout. It's too big and in-your-face, and horribly cluttered with things nobody needs, like the "facetted search" and the sidebar on the right, which should be able to be hidden and the middle column stretched to fit the whole page from left to right. You should learn from poe.xyz.is. Also, it seems to me that the DPS of some weapons is shown incorrectly. Search for the 2h sword with the highest DPS for example (Golem Needle). It has no elemental damage but the website shows Elemental damage: 22, which boosts its DPS to 510 when in reality it's 480.
Also, it's impossible to middle-click any of the links in your website, which is absolutely horrible.

Apart from that it's nice, but for the reasons I listed I'll still use poe.xyz.is over it. Maybe I'll switch if you fix these things and add new features (because right now there's literally no reason to use it over the other market indexers).

The elemental bug has already been reported and clicking links will automatically open a new tab, no need to middle click.
"
Museifu wrote:
clicking links will automatically open a new tab, no need to middle click.

I know. It's horrible.
The pen is mightier than the sword, yet it is more permanent than a pencil.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info