European payment methods

I am from Germany and though i have no credit card (which is quite common here) personally my preferred payment option is PayPal.

Another quite popular payment option is called "Sofortüberweisung" which translates to something like "direct bank transfer". The company who offers that option seems to have made contracts with most banks giving the possibility to use the account of the online banking from ones own bank just as if you would manually make a bank transfer online but also instantly registers when that transfer is successfully ordered so you dont have to wait until the money arrives at its destination.

I just checked that service's website and it seems they operate in other countries as well though i don't know how often it is used there.
Check http://www.sofort.com for details.

(There are other companies operating by the same concept but i think the one i mentioned is the biggest one.)

Besides that, i have to agree with those who said that PaySafeCard is liked by quite a few people though personally i only see its advantage in being an anonymous payment option. Probably it is also appealing to younger people who don't have their own bank account yet as you can buy those cards for cash at a gas station. (I am not sure about POE's age restriction as i am old enough that it doesnt matter for me anyways, but in case its anywhere below 18 years, this might make PSC especially interesting to you.)
But like i said, personally i dont favor this option and only use it in case none of the above options is available.

Edit: Quite a lot of Germans here. Either theres more of us playing PoE than i thought or we are especially picky on how we would like to pay. xD
(Actually i am pretty sure that the second statement is true but maybe both are correct? :) )
Last edited by malvar on Mar 15, 2013, 8:09:02 PM
Yes,we Germans are very picky about paymant ways :))

I wanted to give some money, but don´t want to use paypal. Absolutely not ! It would be nice, if it was possible to use paysafecards, but at the moment I think about getting a prepaid Mastercard, that should also be good. The only problem, it costs about 20€ per year and that is pretty expensive. So I still think about it.

But I think paysafecard would be a good solution.
"
Moonlight33 wrote:

I wanted to give some money, but don´t want to use paypal. Absolutely not !

+1

and another +1 for paysafecard
It´s true, Paypal is s.th I don´t trust at all. Wether we talk about frozen accounts of wikileaks or the legal consequences for normal users. Paypal means to me that your account can be cut and frozen at any time without having any reasonable or legal justification.

Sorry, people, I am an older traditional-bound person, who is really looking for trustworthy solutions in a new ( to me ) media. But for sure Paypal is none of this.
Last edited by Moonlight33 on Mar 16, 2013, 5:28:56 PM
Germany - Paysafecard +1

Paypal sucks and who the fuck need a Credit card...
IGN: Hazune
Im from Germany too.

I would really love to donate, but im never ever willing to use Paypal... Sorry :/ Nor do i have a Credit Card (which are not so common in Germany)

I would prefer Paysafe-Cards, but EDD ist okay too.

Paysafe-Card +1

EDD +1

The last Dev-Post was 1 Year ago. Is there sth new to know dear Devs? :)
Last edited by Psystorm112 on Mar 20, 2013, 3:36:18 AM
even steam accepts psc :)
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Paysafe-Cards ++
easy to get, easier to use. from our end there is no point in not using them.
from the company's end, i do not know how much they have to pay paysafe for each transaction though.
definatelly would buy a 10 or 20 euro pack with paysafe
Paysafe-Card +1

EDD +1

Come on, GGG, I need those "cosmetic" stash tabs!
GGG is missing so much Money if they refuse to add something like this.....
Ig : SoiioS | MUCH_ARROW_SUCH_DMG_WOW | SoyoS | SoiiioS | Maik_Litoris

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info