[3.10] ONOMI's Berserker Frost Blades (Final Build Released)/ 3 Variants (MAX DPS:60m/130m/200m DPS)

Im just about to start levelling this build, whats the best pathing for the build. Looking forward to trying this out.
Interesting build. BTW I want to explain something about PoB iteraction with close combat. POB DOES calculate Close Combat Support. To enable calculation you just need to click "configuration" bottom, then look at the rightmost column "For Effective DPS" and set "melee distance to enemy" to 15. And after this, if you have close combat in your pob, you will see the difference.
Another moment - if you are using close combat, 15 points is the maximum distance for maximum damage increase. So if your weapons have, for example, 14 base range (jewelled foil, etc.) and you have few weapon range nodes on your tree and maybe mods on your gear, you won't be able to get the maximum benefit from close combat support.
Last edited by DistantDream on Jan 7, 2020, 3:52:23 PM
Skitterbots is allready a shock aura with 18% more Damage you dont Need yoke of the suffering in my opinion just go for nice Damage amu.
and i cant understand why you go for rage support in main link when you Play Berserker could you help me at this Point pls btw "blitz" is superior than Aspect of carnage this is the only reason to go Bersker?. I'm Theorie crafting on my Frostblades Slayer for 2 months now sitting at 31+ Million Damage without those skitterbots btw cant fit them in atm.
Last edited by Zonder06 on Jan 8, 2020, 10:08:10 AM
"
Frostblades Slayer for 2 months now sitting at 31 Million Damage

Can you show your pob please? Is it possible to achieve that high dps as slayer?
Couple of questions:

Does it really makes sense to go ignite/shock/poison, just to benefit a little bit more from the ring? Seems like a huge waste to me, considering you can get much better gear that doesnt depend on ailments, and get a better ring that gives you more damage overall.

You have like next to 0 mana, how do you even use your skill?

Why do you use wave of conviction instead of frost bomb?
"
DistantDream wrote:
"
Frostblades Slayer for 2 months now sitting at 31 Million Damage

Can you show your pob please? Is it possible to achieve that high dps as slayer?

yes sure! But tbh it could be couple Mirror Investment. I just love the fact of therorie crafting : https://pastebin.com/kX4QXg2B
Last edited by Zonder06 on Jan 8, 2020, 10:09:05 AM
Hey guys! I'll try my best to answer your questions. Please bear in mind, I'm no pro or anything, I've just liked testing/playing around with this build so far.

The whole build is based on Frost Blades with Yoke. I'm sure there are other interesting builds with different amulets, but this one is focused on it. The "take increased damage" mod works almost the same as penetration, in such that in POB it directly affects the "Effective DPS MOD" value, which is huge. For example, Tombfist Intimidate is 10% taken increase, while this yoke is at like 20% for me (technically 70% if you factor shock in).

But thank you regardless for your feedback. Feel free to msg me in-game: @ONOMI

----
- @matthew24906793: thanks for the feedback. I've now included a simple tree progression, although I'll take your advice on using POB screenshots on each interval; looks cleaner.

-------
-@ UchihaShisu

-As long as I'm hitting something, I only need about 1.5-2x mana from my skill cost (thats about 60 mana). Generally, I'll lower my Precision Level if I think it's too low but it's not really an issue.

-Wave of conviction is much better to me than frost bomb imo in this build. Tested it too, frost bomb takes long to explode while Wave of conviction shoots out in a nice big aoe at your enemies, in a pretty fast manner.

-------

- @Zonder06:

- I've switched in and out all of these gems: Melee Physical Support/Hypothermia/Rage/Multistrike/Ruthless
It could be because I still dual wield Paradoxica (double damage) that Rage still actually does a lot of DPS. More than hypothermia (which does more than) or Melee Physical Support. Once I can afford two better foils (one with Trigger spell also), I might drop rage. But having rage helps build stacks quicker for mapping and popping berserk early.

-I've dropped Skitterbots since I got my 2nd Curse (which is stronger), but without the 2nd curse, skitter bots came out a bit stronger than just purity.

Using Yoke vs only Skitterbots alone (i only used skitterbots for the Bonechill damage taken increase):

Skitterbots ~20% shock max (Shouldn't click SHOCK in POB, as its only 20%).
My shock can go to 50%, so I click shock in POB. That's a good 30% difference. Also, Yoke gives 5% for each ailment. So far I can effectively use Poison, Ignite, Chill, and Shock (bleeds I don't have the Chance, and only would prob on my leap/frozen I could click, but being frozen = dead in my head anyway so I don't like to rely on it)

That's about an extra 20% damage taken increase (that's as good as penetration)

So recap: Yoke = Shock 50% (cold damage) + 20% (total ailments) + ~23% damage increase (skitter/bonechill). Also, if you use skitterbots, targets you hit start off 20% shocked, which is nice. By the 2nd time you hit them (bosses), they go from 20% to 50% shocked.

-------

-@DistantDream: I tried to find "For Effective DPS" and set "melee distance to enemy" to 15.", but I don't see that in my POB anywhere. Would be great if I could use that instead though.

Last edited by onomi on Jan 8, 2020, 12:00:35 PM
Onomi

this is what i meant

https://pastebin.com/n91RMRJu
Last edited by matthew24906793 on Jan 8, 2020, 1:59:03 PM
Thanks man! I updated it in the original post now with the stuff you added!
"
onomi wrote:

-------
-@ UchihaShisu

-As long as I'm hitting something, I only need about 1.5-2x mana from my skill cost (thats about 60 mana). Generally, I'll lower my Precision Level if I think it's too low but it's not really an issue.

-Wave of conviction is much better to me than frost bomb imo in this build. Tested it too, frost bomb takes long to explode while Wave of conviction shoots out in a nice big aoe at your enemies, in a pretty fast manner.

Okay so i was curious about your skitterbot strat, i got a setup for my build and im currently trying, few questions:

The bonechill says that "Enemies chilled by SUPPORTED SKILLS have cold damage taken increased by chill effect". But since you dont run elemental focus in your main link, when you hit, you will chill with frost blades as well, hence overriding bonechill. Since they are in the aura, it will override that chill as well, and this will just continue in a cycle, one overriding other. So wouldn't it be better to use elemental focus on main setup if you are not using yoke? Since it will prevent his overriding, and enemies will only get chilled from skitterbots. What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info