[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
ibims111 wrote:
"
MrdrFckr wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:
Anyone into endgame that can tell me if the build is capable to run juiced 160 quant T16 maps at the end?

it definitely is, but you'll have to be careful on certain mods, like chance to avoid poison or high chaos resists/physical reflects. if you want I'll juice a t16 later as much as i can and try to put up a video of a clear

That would be awesome!

I am not sure how my char should deal with that at all to be honest.

i didn't get any good zoom zoom footage today but here's the build vs awakening 8 al hezmiin.

https://pastebin.com/a44crYSB

I made some changes following the defensive tree, mostly removing toxic strikes and picking up more life. With a better ring, boots and belt, I could definitely be over 5k if not immediately then in a level or two.
Last edited by MrdrFckr on Jan 20, 2020, 4:33:47 AM
"
MrdrFckr wrote:

i didn't get any good zoom zoom footage today but here's the build vs awakening 8 al hezmiin.

https://streamable.com/uyiyo

https://pastebin.com/a44crYSB

I made some changes following the defensive tree, mostly removing toxic strikes and picking up more life. With a better ring, boots and belt, I could definitely be over 5k if not immediately then in a level or two.

I wont use it for bosses. I got my MG for that. But mapping with it is slow af. Thats why I asked if this build can map juiced ones later on. I dont think the build mechanic is optimal for bossing at all. but whirling through maps, poping the plague now and then while melting everything feels good. Only prob is to survive.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
I'll try and get some video tomorrow. At 11k evasion with flasks up and 4.5kish health it's still somewhat squishy but it's doable
Hi there, gratz on the build, seems to be very interesting and I'm going to try it out soon!

Just a question: do you think this build would be a viable league starter, as to reach maps asap and grind currency for other purposes while buying the uniques along the way?

For instance, is a 4 link setup enough to go thru the campaign?

Edit: Nevermind, the post exchange bellow answer this question thoroughly.
Last edited by gabriel_vulneraria on Jan 20, 2020, 9:11:13 AM
I am not sure how popular this build is but as a new player, I decided to give it a go. I say new, but I did play the full blight league on PS4 as SSF so I learned the hard way what it means to deep-dive into PoE theorycrafting.

I would like to give my honest opinion on this build for anyone interested in starting it. Trust me you would want to read the text below.

BUILD START

To use Blade Vortex pre Act 8 is downright clunky. This was my first character on PC so I literally had to start from 0. Results may vary if you run the full "leveling gear", but a Taby and the no freeze boots did drop for me around level 25 so I think I am fairly confident that other leveling options are better. I did clear everything with ease with Cobra Lash, but I assume there are even better leveling options. I am not that deep into the game to give proper recommendations, I'm just saying that blade vortex without the "minimum viable" setup feels clunky and forced and I do not recommend it.

Act 8 - 10 and Labs

This build SUX for lab without the full gem setup! Unless you prepare yourself with two HP potions for instaheal and some extra defensive layers like steelskin+fortify setup or CWDT Immortal Call, you will die. And it will sux and you will wonder, why the F did you chose this build. My personal advice, get an open group and ask for a carry for level 2 and level 3 lab. Surprisingly the uberlab is easy, because at that point you will have your full gem/starting gear set and with it you will have 0 problems doing the thing.

MAPS level 1-10 and early Conquerors

The build performs here as advertised. You shred EVERYTHING in your path and feel like you are the incarnation of one of Mathil's crazy DPS builds.

There is a caveat to this tho! You need to follow the PoB link to the letter and your starting ress boots and belt might cost you a bit of currency. Do NOT go for unset rings with lots of resists as they can cost up to several EX with little to no benefit. Overall though Taby, two ezomites, or one ezomite and kitchen knife, Devouring Diadem and the Ring will cost you less than 50c in total. I found the the despair neck for 20c so it's not really that expensive, either BUT THE SETUP AFTER IT CAN BE INSANELY EXPENSIVE SO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!

You will quickly notice here that the further you go into T8-T10 maps territory the more you feel that whithering step IS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED or you will end up in a middle of a pack with no way out and die more and more often. Having max elusive always up is mandatory for this build to function in endgame. Without MaX dodge/evasion you will die from every fart a mob throws at you. So do not listen to the guide and RUN THAT SHIT ALWAYS! I even run a Vall Grace(swapped later for Immortal Call self-cast), just so that I can ensure I am always dodge capped when I need to be! Also, Whither totems + whithering step stack (in terms of whither count) and this is noticeable on some of the more beefy metamorphs.

NECKLACE SETUP READ CAREFULLY! + T10-T15 Maps

Now here is what this build fails to tell you. Having the neck does provide good deal of damage, but ONLY if you have everything else already in place and when you have the currency to anoint it with Whispers of Doom and have the 7exalts for enlighten 4. Now, luckily the Charisma notable is right on your skill tree pathing so you can "sacrifice" two skill points to get the additional mana reservation from the tree and not have to cough up the ex for the gem! The Whispers of doom however - you have no choice there. You "need" the anointment for the build to "perform" at the late game. One more very important thing - If you lack the aspect of the spider don't bother going for the final aura/curse setup as you will have enough mana for the reservations!! Just run corruption anoint on your preferred amulet and run that, until you either a) can apply two curses or b) have all the auras/curses set up!

The budget alternative: Anoint Corruption (crimson, black, black - which is 10c in total), on the amulet once you get it. Then run 2 or 3 points and get the Charisma notable. Then run the helm setup shown on the PoB for the late game. You should have enough free mana to use grace aura to further boost your evasion and thus survivability while utilizing the free mana from the neck. I can't stress enough that this amulet is for the endgame expensive build primarily. Read below why.

ENDGAME SETUP T14-T16 juiced maps and Sirius 3

Most of the endgame will be on this part. Here you can run it with the above build but you will die more and more, because you just do not have the survivability. So you will have to opt-out of the +2 skill Taby for something else. The skin of the loyal with +2 skill gem will run you 9ex up to 15 ex for the correct colors. Two ezomyte daggers with damage over time will run you another 9 to 10 ex. Just telling you Endgame for this build becomes REALLY EXPENSIVE REALLY FAST! . So the budget variant is and most effect per currency is this :

1) Get whispers of doom anointment on the amulet. Then, get the embalmer carnal mitts with temp chains corruption. This you can do yourself. The most annoying part is actually getting enough gloves pieces to ensure you will corrupt roll successfully. I did it on 11 attempts but your result may vary. A corrupted pair will cost you 20c but be warned, Vaal socketing can be SUPER EXPENSIVE AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT! This piece of gear will net you around 100k damage and have everything the other gloves have and more, when paired with the chest options. Read below! The gloves from the PoB are 3 ex minimum, corrupted with frenzy charge these can jump to 10+ exalts for a pair, so this budget option is godsent!

2) There is one way to BIG D your current DPS without too much investment while close to capping dodge and evasion. It's called Dendrobate. It does two things. Provide a big poison damage boost and poison duration for the bosses and fat Metamopths and at the same time gives you a cheap 6 link(around 30-40c) with enough evasion to keep you from wanting to throw the keyboard because something smirked at your character got past the dodge chance and he died. Also it makes your build pseudo 7 link and enables you to get move your passive points a bit for more survivability, as you will be more than poison capped with the lesser poison up! If you take the unbound ailments from the tree (it will require no further investment as it is right along your path anyways) you can even swap the poison flask for additional survivability one, like basalt or quartz + 90-100% evasion roll, making you dodge and evasion capped, meaning you have ~1% chance to be hit by anything outside degen zone or huge Aoe and thus survive in the endgame. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DEX AND INT REQUIREMENT FOR THE BUFFS FROM THE CHEST!

2.1) There is a midway where you can get a shaped Assasin garb and roll it until you have 1000+ evasion 110+ life, resists and +1 to active skill gems. Since you are crafting it, I should note that 6linking with 40+ quality is mandatory. I achieved my 6l in under 300 fusings but results may vary! If you are feeling the Gods of bricking have not turned their gaze upon you, you can always try to double corrupt it and pray for +2 skill outcome. Instantly making your chest better than the 30 ex Skin of the Loyal options on sale, or you can brick it and curse me for eternity. My chest is with 141 life, 800 evasion, +1 to active skills, aspect of the spider and double ress. I did put +10% to dodge spells, as a QoL on Uber fights, as most of these do have a bunch of those, but +8% life is also an option.

2.2) If you want further damage you can do the same as (2.1) but use Sporeguard. The 6l is around 4 ex though so be warned! This is more of a damaging variant go big or go home type of option. The corpse explosion and the fact you can anoint Corruption on it (its a blight specific chest that allows additional anointments) is decent damage and cuts through maps like hot knife through butter.

3) Ezomyte daggers with damage over time corruption implicit! - Now the creator of this build says that you only need one and two is only for some boss dps. It all depends on the "damage scaling" point of your build. If you already have around 4+ mill DPS you can run with one dagger, and the knife does help alot with clearspeed if for whatever reason you have trouble with that (that was never a problem for me but who knows?!). Having two daggers helps with the more clunky map mods. Having 1 dagger however enables you to do (thow with GREAT CARE!) phys reflect maps. So it's the heads and tails of the same coin, more than anything else. Once you reach t15s and level 83 boss fights, the game does feel smoother with two of these daggers tho especually on chaos ress/phys ress T16 maps and beefy bosses with phases. Sadly self corrupting the daggers is nigh impossible as everyone who is not totally oblivious as to what this item is, will insta-corrupt it OR if he/she is oblivious he will vendor it, thus there are very very few non-corrupted daggers on the market, inflating the price for the ones that we absolutely NEED for the game by a metric ton. Each dagger with the correct vaal implicit costs 4.5 ex MINIMUM. This is a BIG dps boost, that once I got it (got super lucky with a doctor card drop) really changed my DPS game.

Super endgame and GG build

Now as advertised, the GG build costs 100+ exalts and if you really want to be unethical you can use headhunter on top, requiring you invest even more into GG resistance ring with 20 quality and triple max ress two-tone boots with 30+ ex for double malevolence Watcher's Eye for some extra ress. Yeah this 250+ exalt variant reaches 35 million DPS while making Cutedog's CoC build "Cute" in comparison.

It's also a pipe dream unless you swim in exalts and just want to have some "off meta" fun.

I hope this post reaches the folks considering this build and I hope some of my points as a player who used it as a league starter will be used by the creator to update his post!

Last edited by Nutterum on Jan 20, 2020, 8:51:05 AM
"
Nutterum wrote:
I am not sure how popular this build is but as a new player, I decided to give it a go. I say new, but I did play the full blight league on PS4 as SSF so I learned the hard way what it means to deep-dive into PoE theorycrafting.

I would like to give my honest opinion on this build for anyone interested in starting it. Trust me you would want to read the text below.

BUILD START

To use Blade Vortex pre Act 8 is downright clunky. This was my first character on PC so I literally had to start from 0. Results may vary if you run the full "leveling gear", but a Taby and the no freeze boots did drop for me around level 25 so I think I am fairly confident that other leveling options are better. I did clear everything with ease with Cobra Lash, but I assume there are even better leveling options. I am not that deep into the game to give proper recommendations, I'm just saying that blade vortex without the "minimum viable" setup feels clunky and forced and I do not recommend it.

Act 8 - 10 and Labs

This build SUX for lab without the full gem setup! Unless you prepare yourself with two HP potions for instaheal and some extra defensive layers like steelskin+fortify setup or CWDT Immortal Call, you will die. And it will sux and you will wonder, why the F did you chose this build. My personal advice, get an open group and ask for a carry for level 2 and level 3 lab. Surprisingly the uberlab is easy, because at that point you will have your full gem/starting gear set and with it you will have 0 problems doing the thing.

MAPS level 1-10 and early Conquerors

The build performs here as advertised. You shred EVERYTHING in your path and feel like you are the incarnation of one of Mathil's crazy DPS builds.

There is a caveat to this tho! You need to follow the PoB link to the letter and your starting ress boots and belt might cost you a bit of currency. Do NOT go for unset rings with lots of resists as they can cost up to several EX with little to no benefit. Overall though Taby, two ezomites, or one ezomite and kitchen knife, Devouring Diadem and the Ring will cost you less than 50c in total. I found the the despair neck for 20c so it's not really that expensive, either BUT THE SETUP AFTER IT CAN BE INSANELY EXPENSIVE SO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!

You will quickly notice here that the further you go into T8-T10 maps territory the more you feel that whithering step IS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED or you will end up in a middle of a pack with no way out and die more and more often. Having max elusive always up is mandatory for this build to function in endgame. Without MaX dodge/evasion you will die from every fart a mob throws at you. So do not listen to the guide and RUN THAT SHIT ALWAYS! I even run a Vall Grace(swapped later for Immortal Call self-cast), just so that I can ensure I am always dodge capped when I need to be! Also, Whither totems + whithering step stack (in terms of whither count) and this is noticeable on some of the more beefy metamorphs.

NECKLACE SETUP READ CAREFULLY! + T10-T15 Maps

Now here is what this build fails to tell you. Having the neck does provide good deal of damage, but ONLY if you have everything else already in place and when you have the currency to anoint it with Whispers of Doom and have the 7exalts for enlighten 4. Now, luckily the Charisma notable is right on your skill tree pathing so you can "sacrifice" two skill points to get the additional mana reservation from the tree and not have to cough up the ex for the gem! The Whispers of doom however - you have no choice there. You "need" the anointment for the build to "perform" at the late game. One more very important thing - If you lack the aspect of the spider don't bother going for the final aura/curse setup as you will have enough mana for the reservations!! Just run corruption anoint on your preferred amulet and run that, until you either a) can apply two curses or b) have all the auras/curses set up!

The budget alternative: Anoint Corruption (crimson, black, black - which is 10c in total), on the amulet once you get it. Then run 2 or 3 points and get the Charisma notable. Then run the helm setup shown on the PoB for the late game. You should have enough free mana to use grace aura to further boost your evasion and thus survivability while utilizing the free mana from the neck. I can't stress enough that this amulet is for the endgame expensive build primarily. Read below why.

ENDGAME SETUP T14-T16 juiced maps and Sirius 3

Most of the endgame will be on this part. Here you can run it with the above build but you will die more and more, because you just do not have the survivability. So you will have to opt-out of the +2 skill Taby for something else. The skin of the loyal with +2 skill gem will run you 9ex up to 15 ex for the correct colors. Two ezomyte daggers with damage over time will run you another 9 to 10 ex. Just telling you Endgame for this build becomes REALLY EXPENSIVE REALLY FAST! . So the budget variant is and most effect per currency is this :

1) Get whispers of doom anointment on the amulet and the gloves from the PoB. You can even find these with +1 frenzy charges for 30c but please please make sure they are with the correct colors or you might spend 2ex or more on Vaal recoloring!! Do not fail at this point as I did!

2) There is a midway where you can get a shaped Assasin garb and roll it until you have 1000+ evasion 110+ life, resists and +1 to active skill gems. Since you are crafting it, I should note that 6linking with 40+ quality is mandatory. I achieved my 6l in under 300 fusings but results may vary! If you are feeling the Gods of bricking have not turned their gaze upon you, you can always try to double corrupt it and pray for +2 skill outcome. Instantly making your chest better than the 30 ex Skin of the Loyal options on sale, or you can brick it and curse me for eternity. My chest is with 141 life, 800 evasion, +1 to active skills, aspect of the spider and double ress. I did put +10% to dodge spells, as a QoL on Uber fights, as most of these do have a bunch of those, but +8% life is also an option.

2.1) There is one way to BIG D your current DPS without too much investment while close to capping dodge and evasion. It's called Dendrobate. It does two things. Provide a big poison damage boost and poison duration for the bosses and fat Metamopths and at the same time gives you a cheap 6 link(around 30-40c) with enough evasion to keep you from wanting to throw the keyboard because something smirked at your character got past the dodge chance and he died. Also it makes your build pseudo 7 link and enables you to get move your passive points a bit for more survivability, as you will be more than poison capped with the lesser poison up! If you take the unbound ailments from the tree (it will require no further investment as it is right along your path anyways) you can even swap the poison flask for additional survivability one, like basalt or quartz + 90-100% evasion roll, making you dodge and evasion capped, meaning you have ~1% chance to be hit by anything outside degen zone or huge Aoe and thus survive in the endgame. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DEX AND INT REQUIREMENT FOR THE BUFFS FROM THE CHEST!

2.2) If you want further damage you can do the same as (2.1) but use Sporeguard. The 6l is around 4 ex though so be warned! This is more of a damaging variant go big or go home type of option. The corpse explosion and the fact you can anoint Corruption on it (its a blight specific chest that allows additional anointments) is decent damage and cuts through maps like hot knife through butter.

3) The embalmer carnal mits with temp chains corruption. This you can do yourself. The most annoying part is actually getting enough gloves pieces to ensure you will corrupt roll successfully. I did it on 11 attempts but your result may vary. A corrupted pair will cost you 20c but be warned, Vaal socketing can be SUPER EXPENSIVE AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT! This piece of gear will net you around 100k damage and have everything the other gloves have and more!

4) Ezomyte daggers with damage over time corruption implicit! - Now the creator of this build says that you only need one and two is only for some boss dps. BULLSHIT! Once you reach t15s and level 83 boss fights, you need two of these or you will start duying from slow DPS causing extra boss mechanics, NO QUESTIONS! Sadly self corrupting the daggers is nigh impossible as everyone who is not totally oblivious as to what this item is, will insta-corrupt it OR if he/she is oblivious he will vendor it, thus there are very very few non-corrupted daggers on the market, inflating the price for the ones that we absolutely NEED for the game by a metric ton. Each dagger with the correct vaal implicit costs 4.5 ex MINIMUM. This is a BIG dps boost, that once I got it (got super lucky with a doctor card drop) really changed my DPS game.

Super endgame and GG build

Now as advertised, the GG build costs 100+ exalts and if you really want to be unethical you can use headhunter on top, requiring you invest even more into GG resistance ring with 20 quality and triple max ress two-tone boots with 30+ ex for double malevolence Watcher's Eye for some extra ress. Yeah this 250+ exalt variant reaches 35 million DPS while making Cutedog's CoC build "Cute" in comparison.

It's also a pipe dream unless you swim in exalts and just want to have some "off meta" fun.

I hope this post reaches the folks considering this build and I hope some of my points as a player who used it as a league starter will be used by the creator to update his post!

Hi, build creator here. I agree with most of what you've said, but a lot of it is purely your opinion.

Kinda rude to come in here and say "BULLSHIT" to some of the things i've listed in the guide.

You absolutely don't need 2 Cold iron points with Damage over time to do the endgame. They add roughly 1 million DPS total, which is NICE but not game changing.

Anyway, I appreciate you helping others with your post. Very kind of you.

As for levelling, BV makes it Trivial, including LAB. I just wouldn't scale poison until i have normal or cruel lab done, I'd simply use Axioms and go ELE crit based.

Right now, just to update the guide and keep it more BUDGET friendly, i've been running a Tabula with NO corruption and farming t16 maps including conquerors and metamorphs with ease.

As for the Enbalmer gloves, they are NOWHERE near as good as Asenaths. Not only do asenaths help our clear speed (with explosions) they keep mobs that we haven't killed yet cursed, meaning slowed and less dangerous. They also BLIND enemies we near corpses which is almost all the time.

Sporeguard is nice, i've been testing one the last day or two. completely agree the extra annoint is great for damage and it has some life/chaos res which is good to have.
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

Hi, build creator here. I agree with most of what you've said, but a lot of it is purely your opinion.

Kinda rude to come in here and say "BULLSHIT" to some of the things i've listed in the guide.

You absolutely don't need 2 Cold iron points with Damage over time to do the endgame. They add roughly 1 million DPS total, which is NICE but not game changing.

As for levelling, BV makes it Trivial, including LAB. I just wouldn't scale poison until i have normal or cruel lab done, I'd simply use Axioms and go ELE crit based.

Right now, just to update the guide and keep it more BUDGET friendly, i've been running a Tabula with NO corruption and farming t16 maps including conquerors and metamorphs with ease.

As for the Enbalmer gloves, they are NOWHERE near as good as Asenaths. Not only do asenaths help our clear speed (with explosions) they keep mobs that we haven't killed yet cursed, meaning slowed and less dangerous. They also BLIND enemies we near corpses which is almost all the time.

Sporeguard is nice, i've been testing one the last day or two. completely agree the extra annoint is great for damage and it has some life/chaos res which is good to have.

Thank you for being active on this. I might have been too abrasive with my post for which I am sorry. I would not have made a passionate opinion if I didn't like it! Still, point taken and I have edited the post to be more constructive and less of "my personal sob story of not getting exalts while mapping, thus failing to get the endgame gear for my build".

Also about the daggers. I get what you are saying. I really do, but with the starter and budget gear you reach maaybe 4mill dps tops. So I get that you say that with our gear having two daggers is not a big deal, but with starter gear having one is "big enough" deal. And they are the cheapest damage upgrade when you consider the currency investment of the upgrade.

As for the gloves, yes you are correct here. I mistuped my post badly on this suggestion and now I edited it, to showcase how emablmers+sporeguard is cheaper and more available option than the gloves+skin of the loyal. Again this one is on me!
"
Nutterum wrote:
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

Thank you for being active on this. I might have been too abrasive with my post for which I am sorry. I would not have made a passionate opinion if I didn't like it! Still, point taken and I have edited the post to be more constructive and less of "my personal sob story of not getting exalts while mapping, thus failing to get the endgame gear for my build".

Also about the daggers. I get what you are saying. I really do, but with the starter and budget gear you reach maaybe 4mill dps tops. So I get that you say that with our gear having two daggers is not a big deal, but with starter gear having one is "big enough" deal. And they are the cheapest damage upgrade when you consider the currency investment of the upgrade.

As for the gloves, yes you are correct here. I mistuped my post badly on this suggestion and now I edited it, to showcase how emablmers+sporeguard is cheaper and more available option than the gloves+skin of the loyal. Again this one is on me!

No stress man, once again really happy that people are playing/commenting and helping so I appreciate that.

always hard to read into communication over text anyway so sorry if i came across harsh too :)

I'm min maxing the build at the moment and am EXTENSIVELY reworking the PoB and forum guide to be more accomodating of new players all the way into high high end gamers ;)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Just another thought as I play around with this build. If we are going to run CoN for the Herald of Agony buffs, and even run dual CoN's wouldn't it also make sense for us to run The Golden Rule Jewel to ensure we constantly have a 40 stack for our crawler?

Once I get a few more levels into the build I'm going to test out running Dendrobate with double CoN & The Golden Rule. It could be with Blade Vortex we don't need the extra help with keeping capped stacks on the crawler but most HOA builds I've been doing this league have ran The Golden Rule.
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
Just another thought as I play around with this build. If we are going to run CoN for the Herald of Agony buffs, and even run dual CoN's wouldn't it also make sense for us to run The Golden Rule Jewel to ensure we constantly have a 40 stack for our crawler?

Once I get a few more levels into the build I'm going to test out running Dendrobate with double CoN & The Golden Rule. It could be with Blade Vortex we don't need the extra help with keeping capped stacks on the crawler but most HOA builds I've been doing this league have ran The Golden Rule.

Just had a short look to the jewel. Isnt the jewel killing us as we are not going CI (Shakari would solve that)?

I also think, that this build is not a Hoag build, like Mana Guardian is. This build uses the Hoag to get more dmg for BV. Hoag is not the dmg dealer in this build, whereas Mana Guardian is nothing without Hoag.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by ibims111 on Jan 20, 2020, 2:16:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info