[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
MadCat04 wrote:
"
morfer wrote:
Should I farm at the league start for a tabula or should I farm for the 22 div cards? What do you guys think is better and has more impact?
I think the 6L bow would be better, since u can simply gemswap TR/ CA for early mapping and get whatever chest/ stats you need or simply buy the tabula later on.

Never farm tabula. Farming tabula made sense pre div card nerf. If you were playing casually it was viable to farm since you could have farmed it in an hour max. Now it takes like 3-4 hours it is just not worth in any scenario.

At least that is my opinion.

Don't gem swap it is going to be annoying since it is not matter of changing 1 gem also your build might not be optimised for CA or TR.

I think you need to pick TR or CA as you main skill and optimise your build for it and then use other as supplement. TR is going to feel bad if you don't use bow with good base attack speed and if you don't get some attack speed on tree from stuff like Master Fletcher.

In trade league just get silverbrench and 5link it, that will set you up to map like a boss and get currency then craft double dot multi bow with +1 +2(thicket if you also use TR)

Thanks for your input! So in this case I would go for CA mapping as mainlinks with 5L silverbranch and TR as support for bosses in the early stage of the league and then setting my stuff up, once I got my 6L and use both as needed/ wanted.
"
LMTB wrote:
One question though, coming from someone who's never used more than 1 movement skill before; is your setup comfortable for flame dash, withering step and smoke mine + detonation - all of them together? If so, what hotkeys do you actually use for each? My hands got confused trying to keep speedy with all of this. :P
Flame dash, withering step and smoke mine share charges so you can't press them all at once, I think racers alternate movement skills because it allows to skip some "wind up" animation (more like "wind down", if you try to flame dash twice it has a "stop" between the casts but flame dash into smoke mine into flame dash allows to skip it I think)

If you're not a mega optimizing speed runner I don't think it's that important, just pick what's comfortable for you. For example I used dash + second wind and then blink arrow on the secondary tab (only for jumping over gaps too big for dash to cross, like in moon temple maps over water).
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
Maleficent_TR wrote:
Hi, thanks for the update. I really was looking for to play for first time with this build, loved your videos and guide, is your updated pobs are ca focused only?

Realistically how much did toxic rain did get gutted at endgame like guardians or sirus fight? is it more than %30 nerf for you opinion?

TR had the damage reduced by 50%. You can still use it, and it is still viable.

The build does around 1.5 mill caustic arrow dps and 1.5 mill TR dps on a 5link with Culling strike.

The 1.5 mill dps are with regular lvl 20 jewels.

The axes were a bit harsh for DoT builds in the upcoming league. But I wonder if you considered the Exceptional Performance wheel that gives a total of 45% increased skill effect duration.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
LMTB wrote:
First of all, thank you so much for the guide. Greatly enjoyed my test run through the story, and will pick this up for 3.11.

One question though, coming from someone who's never used more than 1 movement skill before; is your setup comfortable for flame dash, withering step and smoke mine + detonation - all of them together? If so, what hotkeys do you actually use for each? My hands got confused trying to keep speedy with all of this. :P

Just skip the withering step, its just for applying withered on bosses, but it doesnt last very long.

Use smoke mine to keep your MS up. I like to do q(throw mine) -> d (detonate), Space(Flame Dash). Coveres alot of ground
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Hi, played your build with only TR setup on 3.9 and make my first 100lvl chemp.
What a main setup is for TR/CA build ? CA is for clearing and TR for bossing ?
"
ITALJANECC wrote:

Whatever you prefer:)
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
ITALJANECC wrote:

You wrote as well "This made Toxic Rain have a very bad endgame dps compared to before, where Caustic Arrow were mostly untouched."

Is TR really lower than CA in 3.11? Or TR was so much ahead before than the nerf makes it "on par"? :)

Trying to assess if TR is still somehow viable for those who love this skill or really a viable option for someone who has never played Bow builds (i.e. I have no preference or pre-made opinion about this skill!)!
"
Gueschma wrote:
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
ITALJANECC wrote:

You wrote as well "This made Toxic Rain have a very bad endgame dps compared to before, where Caustic Arrow were mostly untouched."

Is TR really lower than CA in 3.11? Or TR was so much ahead before than the nerf makes it "on par"? :)

Trying to assess if TR is still somehow viable for those who love this skill or really a viable option for someone who has never played Bow builds (i.e. I have no preference or pre-made opinion about this skill!)!

I think it will really just depend on where you're at with your gear crafting/buying. The deeper you get into end-game and end-game gearing, the better TR gets, but it looks like CA will be better off with the league start rares and the incomplete crafts (got one or two good mods, and a bunch of mediocre filler).

The beauty of this build is that you can simply try out either skill for a few maps, see how it feels, and go from there.
"
Gueschma wrote:
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
ITALJANECC wrote:

TR still very much viable and I don't think it lost any amount of power it just got more defensive options now in form of wind dance and elusive on kill.

I just checked out some builds, and build can do 1 milion dps per pod without any cluster jewels and that kind of damage is fairly easy to come by especially on trade league. Lets be real he that is still way too much damage.
What should we skip in order to fit in the elusive passives?

edit: nevermind, I saw you added it to the newer POB, thanks.
Last edited by MapesyOfficial on Jun 18, 2020, 2:15:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info