Will post logical puzzles for a beta key.

i think i have a solution for the seventh puzzle.
three sheeps stand in the corner of a triangle, so there was the same distance between them and the fourth stood in the center of the triangle on a small mound so that there was the same distence between the all four sheeps (like a triangular pyramid)

LG
Lord Vetinari
"
Scildrei wrote:

2) Let's assume A wears a black hat.
If B wears a black hat as well, then C will not know what to say and B, seeing A is wearing a black hat, will not know what to say either, so A will know he's wearing a Black hat, since this can only happen if he has the Black hat.
If B wears a white hat, then it's the same situation as above.

Wait, this all made perfect sense until the very end there. If A and B both wear black hats, how does C know he's not wearing the third black hat?

It's a good thing the OP stated that it *wasn't* 2 blacks up front. :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 12, 2012, 4:43:43 PM
"
Lord_Vetinari wrote:
i think i have a solution for the seventh puzzle.
three sheeps stand in the corner of a triangle, so there was the same distance between them and the fourth stood in the center of the triangle on a small mound so that there was the same distence between the all four sheeps (like a triangular pyramid)

LG
Lord Vetinari

2 people in not many more days, hehe. Yet ask someone this in real life, and unless they think of the tetrahedral shape, they tend to just get stuck, hehe.

Maybe they're just not used to thinking laterally. :)
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Scildrei wrote:

If B wears a black hat as well, then C will not know what to say and B, seeing A is wearing a black hat, will not know what to say either, so A will know he's wearing a Black hat, since this can only happen if he has the Black hat.

Wait, this all made perfect sense until the very end there. If A and B both wear black hats, how does C know he's not wearing the third black hat?

If A and B wear black hats, C could wear a white or a black one, so he doesn't know what to say.
"
Scildrei wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Scildrei wrote:

If A and B wear black hats, C could wear a white or a black one, so he doesn't know what to say.

Indeed, this was my point. :)

Edit: I'm a dumbass. Indeed, if C remains quiet, then B would also be quiet and A would know he must be in possession of the black hat. How did I miss that? I must have been in Retard Mode. Sorry, hehe.

I think what threw me off was the "same situation as above" thing. I looked too far above, as in, to the "Let's assume A wears a WHITE hat" section, and didn't see the scenario explained there. However, I should have connected it to the scenario *immediately* preceding that sentence.
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 12, 2012, 6:12:43 PM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:

Indeed, this was my point. :)

Then why'd you say it made sense until there?

Edit: Oh, glad you sorted it out ^_^
Last edited by Scildrei on Apr 12, 2012, 6:01:12 PM
Yea someone already said it, but ima say so again since the puzzle isnt marked as solved yet: the four sheep would have to be in the 4 corners of a regular tetrahedron (tetrahedron whose 4 faces are equilateral triangles). There would have to be a hill with the perfect shape to make that possible, or something similar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info