[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
neo_child wrote:
What's the average life/mana/es on most people's build? Sitting at ~4k/3k/1k but I feel like it could be more

I wanna get at least 6K with life and es (not counting MoM) but I find it hard to get more than 2k ES without a Watcher's and really good and niche Hybrid gear

I have 4k HP, 2 K ES and 4 K mana with cheap ass gear (under 5 c each). I'm not using neither perfect form nor kaom's boots, but I went for a essence worm. All rares have mainly resists, mana, life and ES if possible.
I added crafting instructions for my Large Cluster Jewel to the main post & slides.

Your Large Jewel should exactly match the one I showed (there are some alternatives, but they are more rare).
Just note that the Widespread Destruction affix is there for a reason, even though we do not allocate it! It ensures we get the correct ordering.
Here is a CRAFTING GUIDE, you should be able to follow it even though I do not explain all the reasoning.
Also note that this is a 5-10 exalt craft on average; more if you are unlucky.

Spoiler
BASE JEWEL:
Large Cluster Jewel
Item Level: 75-83 (NOTE: 84+ can be used but it's more complicated)
Adds 8 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Cold Damage
Not Corrupted / Mirrored

List of TARGET affixes and their CLASSES:
PREFIX Class A: Blanketed Snow
PREFIX Class B: Sadist OR Corrosive Elements OR Prismatic Heart
SUFFIX Class A: Widespread Destruction OR Doryani's Lesson OR Disorienting Display
SUFFIX Class B: 2 Jewel Sockets

List of BLACKLISTED Combos:
BLACKLISTED: Prismatic Heart + Doryani's Lesson
BLACKLISTED: Prismatic Heart + Disorienting Display

The END GOAL:
A Rare Jewel, 4 affixes, with one TARGET affix from EACH of the 4 affix CLASSES, and without a BLACKLISTED combo.

CRAFTING INSTRUCTIONS:

Normal Jewel, 0 affixes:
Use Transmutation.

Magic Jewel, 1 affix:
Use Augmentation if your ONE affix is any of the TARGET affixes.
Otherwise, use Alteration.

Magic Jewel, 2 affixes:
Use Regal if BOTH affixes are TARGET affixes and the combo is not BLACKLISTED.
Otherwise, use Alteration.

Rare Jewel, 3 affixes:
Use Exalt / Leo Slam if ALL of the following apply:
* One affix MUST be Blanketed Snow
* ALL 3 affixes are TARGET affixes
* ALL 3 affixes are from different CLASSES
* The affixes do not contain a BLACKLISTED combo
* IF two suffixes are present, then one of them MUST be Widespread Destruction
Otherwise, use Scouring.

Rare Jewel, 4 Affixes:
You are DONE if ALL of the following apply:
* ALL 4 affixes are TARGET affixes
* ALL 4 affixes are from different CLASSES
* The affixes do not contain a BLACKLISTED combo
Otherwise, sell the jewel and buy another base, or use Scouring.
"
iargue wrote:
"
DeathMedlc wrote:
i need to know why my dmg is total shit and why im getting 1 shot by everything... im having major issues...

someone help

Spoiler

my tree is EXACT same but minus the 2 3 point jewel slots since i need levels

im mad enough im about to just delete all the gear and call it a day and quit the league im beyond frustrated my dmg is less than par.. it takes me 200 orbs to kill a guardian and if it looks in my general direction i fall over.... ive got 4.2k hp 2k ES and 4k mana

Sounds like you didn't pay attention and are just casting frostbolt and 1 cast of ice nova.

You have to spam cast icenova as much as possible on a single frostbolt cast. The farther the ball is away from the target when you start casting, the higher the damage as they get 35% more damage each repeat.

nah i cast my bolt and hold down my icenova and it goes off 50000 times my dmg is just garbage
"
iargue wrote:
"
DeathMedlc wrote:
i need to know why my dmg is total shit and why im getting 1 shot by everything... im having major issues...

someone help

Spoiler

my tree is EXACT same but minus the 2 3 point jewel slots since i need levels

im mad enough im about to just delete all the gear and call it a day and quit the league im beyond frustrated my dmg is less than par.. it takes me 200 orbs to kill a guardian and if it looks in my general direction i fall over.... ive got 4.2k hp 2k ES and 4k mana

Sounds like you didn't pay attention and are just casting frostbolt and 1 cast of ice nova.

You have to spam cast icenova as much as possible on a single frostbolt cast. The farther the ball is away from the target when you start casting, the higher the damage as they get 35% more damage each repeat.

nah i cast my bolt and hold down my icenova and it goes off 50000 times my dmg is just garbage

honestly the only major thing im missing is the bottled faith but i wouldnt think it made THAT big of a difference
Last edited by DeathMedlc on Mar 21, 2020, 12:50:16 AM
"
DeathMedlc wrote:

honestly the only major thing im missing is the bottled faith but i wouldnt think it made THAT big of a difference

Your gear is insane, you should not be having damage issues with anything besides like T16s with max delirium. However there are a few things you could quickly fix.

- Use my Cluster Jewel setup (at least use the 2 medium jewels). They are crazy high value. You can take out Faith&Steel, Elemental Focus (notable), Divine Judgment, Doom Cast/Written in Blood if necessary to fund the passive points. Since you have Cull on Frostbolt you can replace Wish for Death with Evil Eye.
- Use Zealotry over Hatred because you have a Watcher's Eye for it
- Your jewels are not great compared to the rest of your gear

My latest build idea is to use Thunderstruck for the knockback (triggered by Cold Conduction):

Unfortunately it's only on Large Lightning jewels so we would give up a Blanketed Snow (10% cold pen). It might still be worth it in many cases. I'm trying it out to see.
"
Arcinde wrote:
My latest build idea is to use Thunderstruck for the knockback (triggered by Cold Conduction)

Wouldn't the knock-back push away enemies from the ice nova, thereby being quite counterproductive? It'd be great if it was pushing enemies away from us (therefore along the frostbolt path), but I would imagine the ice nova being the source of damage, it would push them away from that?
Knock-back in my experience is great on purely ranged skills but aoe skills with limited area or melee skills can be negatively impacted.

One could simply try to have a jewel with a "x% chance to knock-back on hit" for that purpose. Unless "on hit" only means with attacks and not spells?
"
mrdomitv wrote:
Have you or any of you guys tried this build with a HeadHunter? i got one myself already, but i dont know if this build would be the right one to do, since HH can make projectiles go really fast and crazy, it may work against the icenova mechanic. Just wondering.

I ran one last league for mapping and swapped a %life/flask charge on crit Stygian for bossing/deep delving; it worked beautifully.
"
Dragomirov wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
My latest build idea is to use Thunderstruck for the knockback (triggered by Cold Conduction)

Wouldn't the knock-back push away enemies from the ice nova, thereby being quite counterproductive? It'd be great if it was pushing enemies away from us (therefore along the frostbolt path), but I would imagine the ice nova being the source of damage, it would push them away from that?
Knock-back in my experience is great on purely ranged skills but aoe skills with limited area or melee skills can be negatively impacted.

One could simply try to have a jewel with a "x% chance to knock-back on hit" for that purpose. Unless "on hit" only means with attacks and not spells?

for knockback we could maybe use Burden Projection, but i was able to find it only on Large Cluster Jewel
Correct me if im wrong. is it right to assume we take Conviction of power because the alternatives are worse. Our power charges can only come from blocking and are a bonus if they proc but it doesn't really matter
"
vexytube wrote:
Correct me if im wrong. is it right to assume we take Conviction of power because the alternatives are worse. Our power charges can only come from blocking and are a bonus if they proc but it doesn't really matter

Conviction of power:
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you gain a Power Charge
15% chance to gain a Power Charge if you or your Totems kill an Enemy
Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances while you have a Power Charge
5% reduced Elemental Damage taken while you have an Endurance Charge
50% chance to gain a Power Charge when you Summon a Totem

so you'll get them by killing, and then have a 1/4 chance each time you gain a charge to get an endurance charge.

----

I'm looking at swapping into ailment immunity as it seems to be my only struggles at the moment and it opens the build up slightly with a slight phys reduction loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info