[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I tried following your budget build and so far everything has been pretyy expensive and my damage output is pretty low. I don't know how to increase my damage.
https://pastebin.com/Z7WyZj3w
"
Arcinde wrote:
I think Astonishing Affliction is by far the best for the second notable alongside Cold Conduction. If you take into account the 20% inc. effect of non-damaging ailments double-dipping with Bonechill and Cold Conduction, then Astonishing Affliction comes out to be ~6-7% more DPS, versus Eye of the Storm which is only 3.5% more DPS (my character even has low crit, 37% before diamond flask).

I'm happy to say I managed to theorycraft and craft a really good Large Cluster Jewel for this build:

Here's my setup now:

Let me know what you guys think. I have to sleep now but I'll update tomorrow on the crafting process (it's alt-regal-exalt, but it's kind of complicated on exactly what affixes are acceptable).

Note: PoB has a bug right now, if you import my character, the three notables on the Large Cluster Jewel appear rotated clockwise from where they actually are. In game, Prismatic Heart is on the left, Blanketed Snow on the right, and Widespread Destruction is on top and not allocated.

So I'm just wondering what the best nodes to give up are going to be to be able to allocate all these cluster jewel nodes. I'm almost 92 and I'm having a difficult time deciding what my tree should look like with all these cluster jewels.
"
Arcinde wrote:
I think Astonishing Affliction is by far the best for the second notable alongside Cold Conduction. If you take into account the 20% inc. effect of non-damaging ailments double-dipping with Bonechill and Cold Conduction, then Astonishing Affliction comes out to be ~6-7% more DPS, versus Eye of the Storm which is only 3.5% more DPS (my character even has low crit, 37% before diamond flask).

I'm happy to say I managed to theorycraft and craft a really good Large Cluster Jewel for this build:

Here's my setup now:

Let me know what you guys think. I have to sleep now but I'll update tomorrow on the crafting process (it's alt-regal-exalt, but it's kind of complicated on exactly what affixes are acceptable).

Note: PoB has a bug right now, if you import my character, the three notables on the Large Cluster Jewel appear rotated clockwise from where they actually are. In game, Prismatic Heart is on the left, Blanketed Snow on the right, and Widespread Destruction is on top and not allocated.

There is going to be an absurd amount of theory crafting now for this build, given all of the notables that apply. However, I did want to bring two things to your attention to make sure you are aware of them.

In this build, you have a bunch of different notables. Since notables stack, would it be better to just stack specific notables?

Also, The skill Stormrider with cold conduction is extremely strong, I'm not sure if you would want to change the premium build since that still gives frenzy charges, but the budget and standard can have 100% charge uptime on bosses with those two notables tied together.

I look forward to the crafting guide!
Crafting tailwind boots is a long and hard, what boots should I take in the meantime? Skyforth or try to get nice rare with hp res?
"
Arcinde wrote:
Calculating manually, and I am assuming Cold Conduction applies base shock (15%) which scales with shock effect.
Issue with Eye of the Storm is that I don't think the wording applies to us:
"20% increased Effect of Chill you inflict with Critical Strikes" - this does not scale the chill of Cold Snap's chilled ground, and thus doesn't increase our Bonechill.
"20% increased Effect of Shock you inflict with Critical Strikes" - this does not apply to Cold Conduction because it applies base shock. Cold Conduction does not cause our hits to shock like Shocking Conflux would.
However I could be wrong, most of this is just educated guesses based on the wording, there is no good way to test the damage in-game.

I maxed out crit on PoB and Eye of the Storm did not increase damage at all, so PoB agrees with you, at any rate. At my crit chance without flasks (46.79%), Eye of the Storm is still giving more damage (though negligible), unless PoB isn't calculating the double dipping correctly (I think it is, but am too lazy to work out the math). As it is, it's probably more beneficial to just increase chill's non-damaging duration for bossing than it is to get a bit more damage. I think I'll swap over to crit once I get a flask charge on crit belt, though, as flask uptime is more valuable to me than ailments.

"
Domen122 wrote:
Crafting tailwind boots is a long and hard, what boots should I take in the meantime? Skyforth or try to get nice rare with hp res?

I honestly think that Skyforth is outdated for this build. For how expensive it is, it's better to just get a Farrul's, run Brine King for stun mitigation, and sit on decent life/MS/res boots until you can craft tailwind/elu boots.
i need to know why my dmg is total shit and why im getting 1 shot by everything... im having major issues...

someone help

Spoiler

my tree is EXACT same but minus the 2 3 point jewel slots since i need levels

im mad enough im about to just delete all the gear and call it a day and quit the league im beyond frustrated my dmg is less than par.. it takes me 200 orbs to kill a guardian and if it looks in my general direction i fall over.... ive got 4.2k hp 2k ES and 4k mana
"
DeathMedlc wrote:
i need to know why my dmg is total shit and why im getting 1 shot by everything... im having major issues...

someone help

Spoiler

my tree is EXACT same but minus the 2 3 point jewel slots since i need levels

im mad enough im about to just delete all the gear and call it a day and quit the league im beyond frustrated my dmg is less than par.. it takes me 200 orbs to kill a guardian and if it looks in my general direction i fall over.... ive got 4.2k hp 2k ES and 4k mana

Sounds like you didn't pay attention and are just casting frostbolt and 1 cast of ice nova.

You have to spam cast icenova as much as possible on a single frostbolt cast. The farther the ball is away from the target when you start casting, the higher the damage as they get 35% more damage each repeat.
What's the average life/mana/es on most people's build? Sitting at ~4k/3k/1k but I feel like it could be more

I wanna get at least 6K with life and es (not counting MoM) but I find it hard to get more than 2k ES without a Watcher's and really good and niche Hybrid gear
Whelp, just bought a Glorious Vanity, and the first one I tried gave me 2 Thaumaturgical Aptitudes (with other reasonably good small passives) when slotted near Pain Attunement (seed no.: 4461 if you want to find an exact copy).
Have you or any of you guys tried this build with a HeadHunter? i got one myself already, but i dont know if this build would be the right one to do, since HH can make projectiles go really fast and crazy, it may work against the icenova mechanic. Just wondering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info