[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Is herald of Ice usable here?
Hello Arcinde, following ur crafting guide, dont realy understand why
"IF two suffixes are present, then one of them MUST be Widespread Destruction"?
and about blacklist, why this combo no no?
Got this one atm
folowing ur guide, it not worth slaming exalt, right?
ps: got another one, what about this:
?
upd: just bought
this one for 4 exa

Last edited by seeeether on Mar 21, 2020, 1:22:31 PM
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Is herald of Ice usable here?

It's "useable" but non-optimal. Since we run MoM and Sanctuary of Thought, this means less ehp and less area for a minute amount of damage again. It's much better to not run it.
Last edited by iargue on Mar 21, 2020, 4:09:51 PM
When it comes to gem setup for farrul's fur. Is there any drawback to craft 5 blue - 1 red. and socketing:
Bonechill
Unbound ailments
Cold Snap
RF
FrostBomb
Increased Duration

I understand that V Grace and Smoke Mine is pretty useful, but if we drop those. And take my hypothetical are there any stronger setup available or is that not worth it. Will this make room for something or is it just better to have Grace and Smokemine for utility

Small footnote, really like the build, good to have something that could square up against those cheeky CoD delirium mobs
You can definitely buy the good Large Cluster Jewels for cheaper sometimes, usually there are none listed though.

Some explanations for my crafting guide (note, it's complicated)
Spoiler

The reason has to do with the ordering of notables.
For most efficient use of points, we want to allocate #1 and #3 but NOT #2.

There is a set ordering of notables. You can see it by going to https://poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Large+Cluster+Jewel and expanding the 12% inc. Cold Damage Notables.

Let's first agree that Blanketed Snow is a hard requirement, it's the most valuable notable in the list. We want it to be #1 or #3. But note that it CAN'T be #1 since all the Notables after it are Prefixes, we'd need 3 Prefixes for it to be #1. So Blanketed Snow has to be #3.

Now say we want to take both Prismatic Heart and Blanketed Snow. That means Prismatic Heart must be #1 and Blanketed Snow must be #3. You can check from the order that our Suffix must be Widespread Destruction in order to be #2.

Now let's consider any alternatives to Prismatic Heart.
* Vengeful Commander could be good if you use Hatred, but we generally want Zealotry since it provides Consecrated Ground (100% inc. crit chance against enemies on cons. ground + more reliable Bottled Faith without having to activate it near melee range).
* Sadist is 35%-60% inc. Ele Damage (uncertainty is b/c I'm not sure if Cold Conduction counts as "you" shocking an enemy).
* Corrosive Elements is 15% inc. Ele Damage but saves us from having to use Frost Bomb which is very convenient and opens up some gem/link options.
* Doryani's Lesson is 25% inc. Ele Damage, the Life Leech is not useful since we get it from Hierophant (and it's not a node we can drop).
* Disorienting Display is 25% inc. Ele Damage, the Blind is not useful since we get it from Pandemonius.
* Widespread Destruction is 20% inc. Ele Damage, the 10% AoE is not useful since we already have upwards of 250% inc. AoE.

So from my assessment I only considered Sadist and Corrosive Elements as decent alternatives. If you disagree then your choices would be expanded, but from here on I am going to assume you need Sadist/Corrosive Elements/Prismatic Heart as your #1 notable.

Finally let's look at your jewels. The first one was Blanketed Snow/Disorienting Display/2 Jewel Sockets. You can check that we would need to exalt Sadist or Corrosive Elements. But these have low weights and are thus unlikely (5.7% chance to hit either). That is the reason for my condition "IF two suffixes are present, then one of them MUST be Widespread Destruction."

For your second jewel you had Blanketed Snow / Inspired Oppression, note that Inspired Oppression isn't even on the TARGET list because this forces Blanketed Snow to be #2 which is bad.

Finally about the Blacklisted combos (Prismatic Heart/Doryani's Lesson, Prismatic Heart/Disorienting Display) these force Prismatic Heart to be #2, so the #1 would be Doryani's Lesson / Disorienting Display which in my opinion are subpar.

Conviction of Power vs. Arcane Blessing is a common argument, note that I do have a slide on it. Basically if you were to drop a freeze flask for Arcane Blessing you might get into a situation where you open a strongbox / flame dash into some pack with 100% phys as cold map mod, and get frozen without Arcane Surge up. In this case you're just screwed. So you need a freeze flask anyways or Cannot be Frozen on boots which kinda devalues the node. Or you can just ignore this issue (I take Arcane Blessing in the Delve build due to its strict requirements for flasks & boots).

Knockback is useful for this build b/c it tends to push mobs in the direction of your echoing Ice Novas, ensuring they get hit by the later echoes which do more damage. However some uniques (e.g. shaper guardians, Delirium uniques, etc) can't be knocked back which limits its usefulness. I have to say it feels nice on map bosses & max Delirium maps. That Thunderstruck node might be overkill, maybe an Intensity/Powerful Assault medium jewel would be good.
Last edited by Arcinde on Mar 21, 2020, 5:33:59 PM
deleted
Last edited by puaf on Mar 21, 2020, 5:24:37 PM
Hi, could you help and tell me how you leech life in this build?
Cant find any items or tree nodes?
Ok so I kept playing, my RSI went down..

I managed to divine a really nice IMO timeless jewel.. took a few though!

I'm trying to work out if it's worth doing the 4 nodes to the duel notable :)

my dps now is insane, just did awakener lvl 7 with 1 death due to stupidity and yeah it's good fun.

Just deciding on my next upgrade being helmet or boots, and / or save money for next build.
Last edited by veenarm on Mar 22, 2020, 4:46:35 AM
How to deal with ele reflect?
can someone please check this timeless jewel? i think that this is awesome for this build :D

[IMG]https://s19.directupload.net/images/200322/temp/43yx5dnl.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by flips0r1337 on Mar 22, 2020, 5:41:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info