[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Yeah, build is good so far and thanksfully I got my PoH quite early letting me having quite good rares for the rest of stuff making maps way easier with already 8k "EHP". Though building EHP helps survivability it still feels squishy in certain scenarios but I guess it'll get better with phase acro / blind / last block nodes on tree.

Do you plan on rolling an Ice Nova Hiero after your trapper or you got something else in mind ? :D
Last edited by ploxirion on Dec 16, 2019, 4:08:50 AM
Where to farm for the Pledge of hands in SSF? Is the best option to farm The Quay early on for The Pact card or is there any better way to do it.
What are you guys using for additional defense right now? I'm switching between flesh and stone for the blind and arctic armor. Both are not feeling that good though. EHP is fine but for the big hits some migration would be nice :)

Also why is noone taking the enigmatic reach cluster? Its right there and has cast speed and even more AoE :)
Last edited by daiur on Dec 16, 2019, 5:06:26 AM
So at this stage of game what is better Arcane Blessing or Conviction of Power as 4th ascendancy?
Rolling pretty decently, just got a Perfect Form and using it but the colors are all a mess. Looking at the vorici calculator it is basically a billion fuses to get 5 off colors.

In your build you have it colored, did you try the vorici recipes a bunch of times? Just curious the best approach to try and color this thing.

```
GMP >> Volley in my opinion. You can play around and see what you like though.

You should not replace the Arcane Surge Support linked to Frostbolt since the Arcane Blessing node only provides Level 1 Arcane Surge. By using a Level 7 Arcane Surge linked to Frostbolt you get 3% more Spell Damage for very little investement compared to just the ascendancy node.

If you did end up with a spare Frostbolt link, I'd suggest Power Charge on Critical (if not using Skyforth) or perhaps Culling Strike.
```

I was thinking of grabbing Ice Bite, to help keep frenzy charge generation up. So like Frost bolt, GmP, icebite, power charge on crit (and if I get another 5 link) increase crit chance.

"
daiur wrote:
What are you guys using for additional defense right now? I'm switching between flesh and stone for the blind and arctic armor. Both are not feeling that good though. EHP is fine but for the big hits some migration would be nice :)

Also why is noone taking the enigmatic reach cluster? Its right there and has cast speed and even more AoE :)

I grabbed it :D. I may swap out of it later, but pretty happy with it right now.
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401
Last edited by GonzoHarratec on Dec 16, 2019, 10:38:01 AM
Thank you vermy much for the build, its really fun!

My damage is great, however Im in need of some more survivability. Especially vs Metamorph bosses i tend to go down quite easily :D

The option with perfect form and arctiv armor is far too costly for me (as someone mentioned above, alone the costs to get the right socket colors are really high - around 6 ex). Is there are more budget version? Does it make sense to use arctiv armor without perfect form?

Cheers :)
"
Lastmission89 wrote:
Where to farm for the Pledge of hands in SSF? Is the best option to farm The Quay early on for The Pact card or is there any better way to do it.

It dropped in Pier map for me too. So there's Atlas farm, which is nice, because on wiki only Quay is mentioned.
"
ploxirion wrote:
Do you plan on rolling an Ice Nova Hiero after your trapper or you got something else in mind ? :D

I'm playing Arc mines right now which is pretty fast but really squishy. Might have some trouble against the juiced up bosses this league at which point I'd switch back to Ice Nova. Don't want to level again so I'd probably just go Ice Nova Assasin.
"
daiur wrote:

Are you running a Basalt Flask? It helps somewhat. With Conviction of Power for Endurance charges you have 27% phys reduction. Alternatively you could run a Rumi's Concoction.
Enigmatic Reach is a good choice early on if you can spare the points. Its cast speed is a tad less than the "spare" 4% cast speed nodes.

"
Nekondas wrote:
So at this stage of game what is better Arcane Blessing or Conviction of Power as 4th ascendancy?

I would recommend Conviction of Power for more defenses. Endurance charges, 5% reduced Elemental damage taken, and supplements Power charge generation. In my opinion, the Arcane Blessing node works best with a certain Flask setup that's rather dangerous to run while leveling.

"
klausdawg wrote:
Rolling pretty decently, just got a Perfect Form and using it but the colors are all a mess. Looking at the vorici calculator it is basically a billion fuses to get 5 off colors.

In your build you have it colored, did you try the vorici recipes a bunch of times? Just curious the best approach to try and color this thing.

It's in the slide notes. You spam Vorici 3B until you get 2 or fewer Green. Then you do Vorici 1-3W from Syndicate to try to make one of those two Greens into White. You have a 57.8% chance of success. You should color before you 6L so you can buy Vorici 1-3W from other people without demanding huge collat.
I listed The Perfect Form last on the slide b/c it's not that urgent an upgrade (despite being the build's namesake, lol). Much easier just to run a well-colored high life/mana/res rare body armour for a while.
Last edited by Arcinde on Dec 16, 2019, 4:24:28 PM
Could you explain what 3B and 3W mean? I'm new to crafting and am not sure what that process entails?
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info