[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

The only thing about Pathfinder really is the Prolif and Flask uptime. You can not work around the flask uptime with assasin, thats for sure.
If the clearspeed is good enough without prolif (we are using Kinetic Blast so i doubt that) there is only that one reason left to play Pathfinder, at least from my point of view.
Survivabillity will be better with ass overall, single target as well.

We can compare the ascend choises:

ASS:

1. Noxious Strike:

5% increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted Recently

-> Nice for longer fights, synergizes well with PS+Barrage Support (BSup)

Recover 0.5% of Life per Poison affecting Enemies you Kill

-> Nice for mapping, no recovery issues

40% chance to Poison on Hit

-> Nice to have

50% increased Damage with Poison
+25% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison

-> Raw Damage, nice!

2.Toxic Delivery:

10% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time

-> okish

Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage against
Poisoned Enemies

-> no need

Poison you inflict with Critical Strikes deals 50% more Damage
+0.4% to Critical Strike Chance per Poison affecting Enemy, up to +2.0%

-> Works so well with PS+BSup, almost always uptime. Nice note

3. Mistwalker:

25% increased Elusive Effect -> Nice to have
8% reduced Damage taken while Elusive -> 8% reduced? Nice!
20% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Elusive -> Bonkers!
You take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes while Elusive -> Bonkers!
50% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike

-> Always up and can be refreshed with Withering Step. Really nice combo

4. Opportunistic:

Damage from your Critical Strikes cannot be Reflected -> Nice to have
20% increased Movement Speed if you've Killed Recently -> Move.speed, yeha!
10% reduced Damage taken while there are at least two Rare or Unique Enemies nearby -> Does not happen very often
20% more Damage while there is at most one Rare or Unique Enemy nearby -> Bosskiller wich is not calculated in PoB (i believe so)

Pathfinder:

1. Nature's Reprisal

30% increased Chaos Damage -> Meh
When you kill a Poisoned Enemy during any Flask Effect, nearby Enemies are Poisoned -> The absolut best, but onyl for clearing maps
Chaos Skills have 50% increased Area of Effect -> does not affect us

2. Master Toxicist

10% more Chaos Damage with Attack Skills -> Nice to have
Poisons you inflict during any Flask Effect have 40% chance to deal 100% more Damage

-> Almost the same damage gain than Toxic Delivery but only during flask effect and without synergies (Toxic Delivery with Crit and Perfect Agony. Nice combo)
You lose Virulence 50% slower -> Who cares? We attack a million time per second
10% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage -> Nice to have
Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage -> Nice to have

That is from my point of view, please comment on this!
"
TheAnticat wrote:
The only thing about Pathfinder really is the Prolif and Flask uptime. You can not work around the flask uptime with assasin, thats for sure.
If the clearspeed is good enough without prolif (we are using Kinetic Blast so i doubt that) there is only that one reason left to play Pathfinder, at least from my point of view.
Survivabillity will be better with ass overall, single target as well.

We can compare the ascend choises:

ASS:

1. Noxious Strike:

5% increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted Recently

-> Nice for longer fights, synergizes well with PS+Barrage Support (BSup)

Recover 0.5% of Life per Poison affecting Enemies you Kill

-> Nice for mapping, no recovery issues

40% chance to Poison on Hit

-> Nice to have

50% increased Damage with Poison
+25% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison

-> Raw Damage, nice!

2.Toxic Delivery:

10% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time

-> okish

Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage against
Poisoned Enemies

-> no need

Poison you inflict with Critical Strikes deals 50% more Damage
+0.4% to Critical Strike Chance per Poison affecting Enemy, up to +2.0%

-> Works so well with PS+BSup, almost always uptime. Nice note

3. Mistwalker:

25% increased Elusive Effect -> Nice to have
8% reduced Damage taken while Elusive -> 8% reduced? Nice!
20% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Elusive -> Bonkers!
You take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes while Elusive -> Bonkers!
50% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike

-> Always up and can be refreshed with Withering Step. Really nice combo

4. Opportunistic:

Damage from your Critical Strikes cannot be Reflected -> Nice to have
20% increased Movement Speed if you've Killed Recently -> Move.speed, yeha!
10% reduced Damage taken while there are at least two Rare or Unique Enemies nearby -> Does not happen very often
20% more Damage while there is at most one Rare or Unique Enemy nearby -> Bosskiller wich is not calculated in PoB (i believe so)

Pathfinder:

1. Nature's Reprisal

30% increased Chaos Damage -> Meh
When you kill a Poisoned Enemy during any Flask Effect, nearby Enemies are Poisoned -> The absolut best, but onyl for clearing maps
Chaos Skills have 50% increased Area of Effect -> does not affect us

2. Master Toxicist

10% more Chaos Damage with Attack Skills -> Nice to have
Poisons you inflict during any Flask Effect have 40% chance to deal 100% more Damage

-> Almost the same damage gain than Toxic Delivery but only during flask effect and without synergies (Toxic Delivery with Crit and Perfect Agony. Nice combo)
You lose Virulence 50% slower -> Who cares? We attack a million time per second
10% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage -> Nice to have
Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage -> Nice to have

That is from my point of view, please comment on this!

Some raw numbers are always welcome, thanks for your effort. (you missed Natures Adrenaline and Nature Boon (maybe Adrenaline for Alchemis), we should prolly count 20 as and 15 ms as good).

I still think that the ms combined with flask uptime and effectiveness will make it faster in the long run. Sometimes you end up, with a little missplay on a boss without a charge left. (just an example). For me it will be faster for sure i prolly play QotF and the flask effectivness will be key for it to reach around 45k evasion with ease.

Quote// The only thing about Pathfinder really is the Prolif and Flask uptime. You can not work around the flask uptime with assasin, thats for sure.

I think the value of it, is more then "just" flask. imo
I cant talk about the prolif combined with poisen/chaos build. No experience.

But i have a lot of experience with Evasion Based Attackbuilds with Pathfinder Ascendancy. Tried ele wands with Trickster/Assa not cloooose as fast as a Pathfinder is. So if i think and review my time i had clearing maps with Pathfinder compared to other Ascendancy. For me Its PF no doubt about that.

Thank you
Nice to have this kind of discussion. You do have other need when using and utilizing QotF. So if the single target is good enough (3 million, so yes it is)
going fast and evasive is the next thing you want. So PF fits just so good!

I dont like to go to fast because of loosing the overview. A shame that i cant switch Ascendency if i like PF more than ASS in the end.

Thanks for the discussion!
Theres one more thing (at least for me) choosing Pathfinder will give me access to the "bow" league content since there is (Raider) and Deadeye considerd as best "bow" Ascendancy even Pathfinder itself.

-I do not like to level a fresh alt, i rather respec at 95 to test something "new" with a working ascendancy instead of level.
Personal pref. as everything

So this is also a benefit for me.

Tbh, i think you will have a better leaguestart and overall easier gameplay content with Assa. And the Single Target will be overall easier to scale on a budget and mid Tier invest.
I will be doing the assassin version. Pretty excited.
Ill still go with pathfinder i think. Perma flasks is just too good of a stuff and prolif. Dmg in the end game gear probably will be about same with assassin being litle higher up.

Also if this wont work I can also change to scourge arrow poison pathfinder that i know works for sure without leveling new character.
I opted for the assassin. The defense from elusive preventing crit bonus damage I felt was too good, while having significantly superior single target damage in a boss league.

Pathfinder is faster, but it should have enough damage both on bosses and clear that flask uptime is not a benefit over the assassin. You pick pathfinder for clear and you pick assassin for defense (oddly) and single target dps.
Where is the assasin version can someone link please?
"
Nevzat wrote:
Where is the assasin version can someone link please?

It's one of the trees in the main pastebin.
What kind of hp will the assasin be able to hit? do you think it'll be enough for this league?

To counter the loss of speed, can we go with a QOTF instead also?

Thing is, i want to do some end game content also so bossing too... 3m DPS is not amazing :(

To OP any chance you can do a dedicated assasin post on the ass forums for this? Even if you don't have time to keep it updated, at least we can all converse with eachother :)
Last edited by Nevzat on Dec 12, 2019, 3:01:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info