0.10.3c Patch Notes

"
Loki_Exile wrote:
maybe you should add 5l/6l/6s items to loot by name in an future patch

agreed. Chris please add 5L,6L & 6S whites/blues on the timer pleassssssssseeeeeee. :D
Why cant POE have a loot system like Diablo 3? I know D3 is pretty shitty, but the looting system is not so bad. Basically players can only see their own loot. I really don't like POE's loot system because it discourage you to play with someone else that you are not so familiar with(not everyone ninja, but some does). Even unpleasant story happens among closed friends.

Also, having players only see their own loot greatly improves the visual chaos problem, which I can see is what you are trying to solve.

Can you name one bad thing about D3's loot system? If you want others to see someone's exciting drop, say, unique drops, you can still shows the unique drop to everyone else and only let the owner pick up.
-o-o-o- IGN: DontWorryAboutTheDetail -o-o-o-
-o-o-o- IGN: JustFollowYourHeart -o-o-o-
--------------------------------------------
I prefer forum message when you need to contact me regarding bid, since sometimes I afk in game.
Last edited by Make1kiLL on Mar 18, 2013, 2:39:59 AM
Oh god, can all d3 kids be pleased now?
I think these changes will make the loot system about as good as you can get with FFA.

Still not going to participate in public groups, and won't until there's an option for allocated drops, preferably with:
-No Timers (this one's mandatory)
-Player drops an item - FFA
-Player moves too far from the drop (~1 screen) - FFA

But that's me, you can't please everybody.
OK apparently this is the 'official' suggestion thread about the loot... so here is mine.

it works on need/greed basis and I think it would be interestnig to see people actually deciding what they need and want instead of clicking on every single yellow just because its theirs (or someone did not pick up theirs)

"So I have an idea about the 'ninja' problem that everyone QQs about (to be honest I dont really care that much but the idea I have its pretty neat (or so my friends think)

Your loot timer will get shorter for every time you pick up an item that is assigned to you, lets say by 1%, but it will get shorter by 15% if the item was not under your name to start with( to min of 0). The timer increases by 20% (only rares and orbs, blues will not affect the timer at all) to max of 300% if you leave behind an item that was assigned to you...

Basically the more 'ninja' points you have the shorter your timer is!

I think this will force players to think what gear they want, instead of grabbing everything just to sell it even tho someone else can have a use out if it!

what you guys think?"
"
EndOfEnds wrote:
Thank you for finally doing something about the loot system.

I'd still like you to address the ability to block other players by standing on loot, though.

This, seen some players who are very good about blocking loot and preventing you from getting items.
Names should be displayed in the items again. This is going to be a big problem for party races.
"
AintCare wrote:
OK apparently this is the 'official' suggestion thread about the loot... so here is mine.

it works on need/greed basis and I think it would be interestnig to see people actually deciding what they need and want instead of clicking on every single yellow just because its theirs (or someone did not pick up theirs)

"So I have an idea about the 'ninja' problem that everyone QQs about (to be honest I dont really care that much but the idea I have its pretty neat (or so my friends think)

Your loot timer will get shorter for every time you pick up an item that is assigned to you, lets say by 1%, but it will get shorter by 15% if the item was not under your name to start with( to min of 0). The timer increases by 20% (only rares and orbs, blues will not affect the timer at all) to max of 300% if you leave behind an item that was assigned to you...

Basically the more 'ninja' points you have the shorter your timer is!

I think this will force players to think what gear they want, instead of grabbing everything just to sell it even tho someone else can have a use out if it!

what you guys think?"

hmm interesting....
Any chance of getting a " /roll " system (for lootz)
Although your best conduct and behaviour should be used in all threads, do I need to remind you that this is the official thread, and that the devs will be reading and responding? Try to keep your posts to feedback to the changes made in this thread -- don't post your requests for future patches please.

Keep it civil and productive, people.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info