0.10.3c Patch Notes

I don't think you get what I said either though.

Yes, the economies would be the same, mostly. However, the players themselves would not.

As I said, I don't think it's good to mix players who play by different rules. Would it be acceptable to mix HC and Default into one league? Or, if there were leagues for them, Ancestral and Turbo players? Or anything else like that?

If you are wondering why it matters, some people care about the ladder. If GGG takes exception and adds instanced loot for people who want it, they should separate them so that only people who play the game by the same rules are in the same ladder, or league.

Edit: Otherwise, there's no reason to separate player bases, at all. If we don't separate them for this, then there is no point in separating them for any other reason.
Last edited by TremorAcePV on Mar 19, 2013, 3:23:40 AM
"
zheavy wrote:
Hello, thanks for this patch, i think this will heavily improve the game in group play, whether with random people or a full premade of people. Can't wait to get see my friends online to test this out :)

Also, i have had this suggestion in mind a long time ago since a somewhat similar FFA loot system in an mmo i had previously played and i think a simple suggestion such as this would increase the stability of the system with no major overhaul. I will state my idea in an example:

Player A and player B in group together in the zone.
They kill a mob, an item drops with player A's name.
Player B clicks on it when it has player A's name.

-How it is now:
Considering player A did not click on the item, Player B's character will run to the item and pick it up as soon as the timer expires although he clicked the item when it had player's A name on it.

-my suggestion:
Considering Player A did not click on the item, Player B's character will run to the item and will not pick it up when the timer expires.
This means that player B can only loot player's A item by clicking on it AFTER the timer expires.

As you can see it's quite simple and will help improve both ends of the game. Public groups will have less "ninjaing". And premade groups will have less "missclick" issues or whatsoever. It's a win/win situation.

PS: i've written this before as a PM for a mod asking if i could post somewhere and this is my chance, so it's just a copy paste before this system was implented, but the idea is still the same except for the names/timers not appearing[just replace that with grey'ed out for player B instead:P /you get the picture ;)]

Would appreciate some feedback, thank you :)

this
Last edited by Fatalizm on Mar 19, 2013, 3:23:33 AM
"
Phaeded wrote:

I completely disagree with that sort of approach. I don't believe that players should be penalized for having slow pings or for playing ranged vs. melee classes and vice versa, or even that they should be penalized for not having "fun" in the current loot system. Party leaders should simply be able to set the loot rules, period. Forcing players to play in one system or the other won't solve anything. By changing the IIR/IIQ rules based on the loot rules you'd be forcing people to play in the system with the higher IIR/IIQ. The logic behind this is simple: ARPG is all about the loot. That's why most players keep coming back and devoting ricockulous hours to this game. Leveling and finding better gear. If you say there is an advantage to getting better gear by playing one way or the other, the choice is pretty much removed. It's like the choice between eating rice cakes and carrot juice for every meal or eating gourmet food. Both will sustain you but one is far more "fun" than the other.

How is it different from having to choose between running with protective gear vs running with IIQ/R gear?
Yes playing a FFA will be "better" for drops but more stressful. Sometimes you may be up for it, sometimes you might prefer a more casual team environment (where the focus may be on progression).

The developers have a vision for the game. They have to work out how best to hold true to the essence of their vision but also attract and retain enough players. I believe my suggestion helps this particular dilemma.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Rufus82 wrote:
The developers have a vision for the game. They have to work out how best to hold true to the essence of their vision but also attract and retain enough players. I believe my suggestion helps this particular dilemma.

This^
The new system works fine - nerfed ninja looting a bit XD, and yeah reduced the visual chaos when item highlighting is on.

However if we really want to promote fairness, giving the map maker the option to allow locked/instanced loot would definitely solve ninja looting, and the opposite free for all for those who want to maintain the so-called cutthroats feel - this way different players who want to play the game one way or the other would all have a more satisfying experience.

If we want to address screen clutter, it would be great if the dimmed visual applied to the items is applied to other player's summons as well or anything to that effect that will make them not so distracting. The default effect is bypassed though when they purchase cosmetics.

That way other players won't mistake summons for mobs and summoners won't get banned from joining groups.
I would like the name back, it help to know who it was for when playing a group of friends if one misses his loot the other knows who it was.
Timer gone, i dont mind(i didnt mind before and i dont mid now).

Also maybe make a option for Party-leader FFA, Short-timer(as it is now) or long-timer(one or 2 sec more than now)
Last edited by Zethrion on Mar 19, 2013, 3:48:24 AM
Some feedback as Chris requested :

"
1.Does the increased allocation duration help enough in terms of being able to grab items in time assuming you react quickly?

Yes,awesome change !

"
Was it easier to read what items drop now that fewer are allocated and the size of the item hovers doesn't change?

Yes easier to read but we need to keep the names on allocated loots! Having Names on loot have two advantages

1.Easier to spot when an allocated loot drops
2.We know for whom the item was if the allocated player was not there.
"
Awesome! It's good to see you have increased the base timer but a bigger increase would have been even better.

This doesn't affect me the way it used to now since I am running 3 clients on my machine in same game so that I am guaranteed to get all my item drops.. as long as the client doesn't crash when I'm in a map and mess stuff up :(

Am I the only one who is rabidly against multiboxing and keycloning? It's pretty clearly against the ToU to use a keycloner...
My words are poetry and thus not subject to spellcheck or the laws of grammar.
"
TheBuddhist wrote:
Having the names on the items made it a lot easier to know whose item it was. I play with a group of friends and now instead of saying hey _____ this was yours now its a process of going hey something dropped here.. well its not mine... then everyone has to say it wasn't theirs. Honestly its just frustrating for people who play with trustworthy people. Please have an option to show the names.
i understand how you may want the loot to be randomly distributed to reduce the competition between friends. when playing with "randoms" however, the item isnt yours until you pick it up. the allocation timer is by design not meant to decide who gets what.

guess you cant make everyone happy without having the ability to set "custom loot options".
Honestly i think this patch is a big fail.
I`m playing with friends and usually we tell each other what droped for who. Now because we dont see names it doesnt work, so it means a lot of loot on the ground and we have no idea what is for who. WE RESPECT EACH OTHERS LOOT. in this patch GGG just made it impossible.
The timer thing is perfect, but to remove the names sucks. It feels like GGG encourage everyone to ninja

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info