0.10.3c Patch Notes

"
Jigoku wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Allocated items no longer show a countdown timer or player name. They are still dimmed out while they are allocated to someone else.
While I haven't seen this in practice yet (obviously), I play almost exclusively with friends and I liked being able to tell such-and-such that an item had dropped for them out of their screen view ...

This.
After reading the first 6 pages of reply's it is clear to me that everyone prefers a different play style and you guys simply cannot do a 1 fixes all solution.

I think the best bet would be to simply make an option when creating party's that simply states "Loot timer duration" & even a "Maps to maker" option.

I know the maps to maker option would encourage players to share their maps in public.
I approve of all the loot changes - good work GGG.

I'm glad you've emphasized that loot was always for the entire party. The naming chance timer has led people to believe items were theirs as opposed to just being given a random chance at the item.

Just did a party to Chambers 3 and visually there was less drop information to process so removing the names is perfect. This should prevent any crying about loot and allow everyone to move on with killing mobs.

Please do not allow for modification of the timer. There are so many more important aspects of the game that require attention and I would consider this issue dealt with until the full release hits.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Was it easier to read what items drop now that fewer are allocated and the size of the item hovers doesn't change?
- Beautiful change, it does help out a ton.

Does the increased allocation duration help enough in terms of being able to grab items in time assuming you react quickly?
- Not really a big fan of this one, I do a lot of races and it slows everything down by a little bit.
See you, Space Cowboy...
"
Allocated items no longer show a countdown timer or player name.

Why? If we are going to do this hybrid FFA/allocation system, then why does the loot not come with a name? No longer can the groups, that were friendly about loot and honest, let each other know when we miss an item. I will miss this. It was a good feeling playing with friends and informing them that they are missing an orb of fusing.

I've always been a fan of the loot system to be honest. The only thing I felt that it needed was maybe a separate channel to display who looted what. I think the timer will help some with issues with latency and ranged characters, but I just don't understand why player names were taken away.

I can understand not showing the timer to avoid spam clicking pile ups, but I dislike removing player names.
Last edited by Hylite on Mar 18, 2013, 3:13:11 AM
"
lucian_22 wrote:
How the hell it's not mine when it had my name on it?Ye now it will be free for all loot in any party.Now you can say it's no one's loot.Even worst

If it were yours, why would there be a timer on it? The item was never yours. You just had a headstart to pick it up.
Last edited by almond on Mar 18, 2013, 3:14:14 AM
"
heyyous wrote:
After reading the first 6 pages of reply's it is clear to me that everyone prefers a different play style and you guys simply cannot do a 1 fixes all solution.

I think the best bet would be to simply make an option when creating party's that simply states "Loot timer duration" & even a "Maps to maker" option.

I know the maps to maker option would encourage players to share their maps in public.

nice idea. Also, giving us an option to filter out the drops showed on screen.
"
Hylite wrote:
"
Allocated items no longer show a countdown timer or player name.

Why? If we are going to do this hybrid FFA/allocation system, then why does the loot not come with a name? No longer can the groups, that were friendly about loot and honest, let each other know when we miss an item. I will miss this. It was a good feeling playing with friends and informing them that they are missing an orb of fusing.

I've always been a fan of the loot system to be honest. The only thing I felt that it needed was maybe a separate channel to display who looted what. I think the timer will help some with issues with latency and ranged characters, but I just don't understand why player names were taken away.

I can understand not showing the timer to avoid spam clicking pile ups, but I dislike removing player names.

Because the player names were giving the impression that the loot was theirs.
Hello, thanks for this patch, i think this will heavily improve the game in group play, whether with random people or a full premade of people. Can't wait to get see my friends online to test this out :)

Also, i have had this suggestion in mind a long time ago since a somewhat similar FFA loot system in an mmo i had previously played and i think a simple suggestion such as this would increase the stability of the system with no major overhaul. I will state my idea in an example:

Player A and player B in group together in the zone.
They kill a mob, an item drops with player A's name.
Player B clicks on it when it has player A's name.

-How it is now:
Considering player A did not click on the item, Player B's character will run to the item and pick it up as soon as the timer expires although he clicked the item when it had player's A name on it.

-my suggestion:
Considering Player A did not click on the item, Player B's character will run to the item and will not pick it up when the timer expires.
This means that player B can only loot player's A item by clicking on it AFTER the timer expires.

As you can see it's quite simple and will help improve both ends of the game. Public groups will have less "ninjaing". And premade groups will have less "missclick" issues or whatsoever. It's a win/win situation.

PS: i've written this before as a PM for a mod asking if i could post somewhere and this is my chance, so it's just a copy paste before this system was implented, but the idea is still the same except for the names/timers not appearing[just replace that with grey'ed out for player B instead:P /you get the picture ;)]

Would appreciate some feedback, thank you :)
Best patch ever. Great compromise between FFA and instanced loot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info