3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

Was happy to see the glacial hammer buffs, even if they do look fairly minor on paper. I'm kind of lost on my league starter so if this gets updated it'll be in my top considerations.
Tempus Fugit
I league started with this build. Having previously played it in both Delirium and Harvest leagues. It was the 2nd build I ever played and I honestly love it! It actually is pretty decent at leveling once you get a few gems (ancestral call). I would say lvls 1-25 were somewhat painful and slow but NOT unmanageable. No clue what I'm going to do this league for the tree. In my previous iterations I had nearly every item recommended and was lvl 95+. I found that I lacked natural defenses. What I mean by this is that all I had was armor and energy shield. Not much evasion etc. The only way to mitigate damage was to DO damage (life leech). But the problem is that some bosses or fights require you to back off and dodge etc for a little bit... Not really an option here. Anyhow if anyone else is doing this build in Ritual league feel free to PM me! (One of Mathil's builds this league recommends the Hegemenoy's Era staff which sucks cause it will be more expensive).
"
deeztrickz wrote:
I league started with this build. Having previously played it in both Delirium and Harvest leagues. It was the 2nd build I ever played and I honestly love it! It actually is pretty decent at leveling once you get a few gems (ancestral call). I would say lvls 1-25 were somewhat painful and slow but NOT unmanageable. No clue what I'm going to do this league for the tree. In my previous iterations I had nearly every item recommended and was lvl 95+. I found that I lacked natural defenses. What I mean by this is that all I had was armor and energy shield. Not much evasion etc. The only way to mitigate damage was to DO damage (life leech). But the problem is that some bosses or fights require you to back off and dodge etc for a little bit... Not really an option here. Anyhow if anyone else is doing this build in Ritual league feel free to PM me! (One of Mathil's builds this league recommends the Hegemenoy's Era staff which sucks cause it will be more expensive).

If you want to continue with this build i can give you somewhat updated PoB
Yeah man if you get time I'd be very grateful! I plan on sticking it out with this build for Ritual.
"
deeztrickz wrote:
Yeah man if you get time I'd be very grateful! I plan on sticking it out with this build for Ritual.

https://pastebin.com/6rJmpT2Z

This is something i had in mind.

It's not the easiest thing to put together but if you want to stick with Glacial it will keep you occupied.

Take a look at pob and tell me if you need some explanation about it.

It's working little bit differently now. You will generate rage when you are not hitting anything. That way you can get to a full Rage before boss fights and Sirus phases.

It's tuned more for damage.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 19, 2021, 12:44:37 AM
I think I'll be giving it a shot as well, I'm feeling the itch for a solid melee build after league starting a creeping frost occultist and it just doesn't suit my playstyle enough.
Tempus Fugit
"
"
deeztrickz wrote:

It's not the easiest thing to put together but if you want to stick with Glacial it will keep you occupied.

It's working little bit differently now. You will generate rage when you are not hitting anything. That way you can get to a full Rage before boss fights and Sirus phases.

I loved this build when it was "viable". I was so sad when you did not update it anymore. Absolutely loved it.

Mind if I ask what is difficult to put together?

I still have the previous PoB, where you used Transcendent flesh and Glorius vanity for Corrupted soul. I am not good to update it, but I kept it anyway because I really enjoy cold dmg, and this was so much fun. Glad that you provided a new PoB. Will probably be my second build this league :)
"
Shiken wrote:
I think I'll be giving it a shot as well, I'm feeling the itch for a solid melee build after league starting a creeping frost occultist and it just doesn't suit my playstyle enough.

"
Smmogz wrote:
"
"
deeztrickz wrote:

I loved this build when it was "viable". I was so sad when you did not update it anymore. Absolutely loved it.

Mind if I ask what is difficult to put together?

I still have the previous PoB, where you used Transcendent flesh and Glorius vanity for Corrupted soul. I am not good to update it, but I kept it anyway because I really enjoy cold dmg, and this was so much fun. Glad that you provided a new PoB. Will probably be my second build this league :)

It's a considerable investment to make it decent, but don't expect mind blowing results.
Glacial Hammer is interesting because of shatters and it freezes even T16 bosses.
But, you can make better chars for that kind of money. It's not only about damage but chars that will feel better to play.

Honestly if you like exploding packs i would recommend my Death Angel build that is considerably cheaper to make and more potent.
Use Blade Flurry and Infernal Blow combo. For 10ex (half of this build) you will have a pretty good boss killer and mapper.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 19, 2021, 10:15:32 AM
is this build still okay with 3.13? im back from 3.8 era and want to start again with glacial hammer. looks great but not sure it still works
thanks in advance
"
lawgrind wrote:
is this build still okay with 3.13? im back from 3.8 era and want to start again with glacial hammer. looks great but not sure it still works
thanks in advance

It's not as good as it was. I didn't had time to work on it and lots of things have changed. I suggest you go with something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info