3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
"
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
Does this work well with Exploding chest at all?

You don't need explody because GH has 100% damage melee splash

also ty for the quick response!

No prob :)

Super hyped to try this build in the Harvest league with the new Warcrys!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but Im guessing Ice Crash will totally work as an alternative as well without much changes to the gear etc?

What would you change if Ice Crash? :)

Thanks in advance!
stupid question was here
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Jun 11, 2020, 7:26:04 AM
Hope you update it to 3.11 with new skill gems :)
Last edited by Evincarth on Jun 11, 2020, 4:49:52 PM
"
Skyte87 wrote:
Super hyped to try this build in the Harvest league with the new Warcrys!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but Im guessing Ice Crash will totally work as an alternative as well without much changes to the gear etc?

What would you change if Ice Crash? :)

Thanks in advance!

"
Evincarth wrote:
Hope you update it to 3.11 with new skill gems :)

Hi,

build will be updated for the Harvest league and I will also add Ice Crash to the guide. Just don't expect it as a league starter (as it's not a good one anyway). Probably by the end of the first week. :)
"

Hi,

build will be updated for the Harvest league and I will also add Ice Crash to the guide. Just don't expect it as a league starter (as it's not a good one anyway). Probably by the end of the first week. :)

Really appreciated Torstein!

Gonna league start with this regardless haha :P
I actually just leveled a new character to maps with this to see how it would be as a starter. Torstein is definitely right, it's not an amazing starter, but I don't think it's terrible either. Overall I think it's fun and I will probably be starting it anyway, as I like to build a character up from the start instead of league starting an easier build and switching later.

Pros as a Starter:
+Many uniques are very cheap even at league start. From the first day of Delirium data on PoE ninja:
**Pillar of the Caged God was 1c
**Winter Burial was 1c (you will probably need two of these early because you won't get the cold conversion glove unveil for awhile)
**Soul Tether was 2c
**Aztiri's Promise was 4c
**Hegemony's Era was 18c
+The recovery of the build is awesome as soon as you finish the first lab. As long as you keep your eHP in line with the content you are running, you won't die very much.

Cons as a Starter:
-A couple uniques are very expensive early:
**Glorious Vanity, which is a big chunk of your eHP, won't be available until a few days in (because people need time to get enough Legion splinters). When they do start going on the market, they will be expensive for awhile.
**The Pandemonius will be expensive for long time.
**Lion's Roar might be expensive if a lot of people are trying out melee.
-Build needs a lot of passives (level 85-90+) to feel like both damage and eHP are up to par.
-You will probably need to upgrade your weapon once or twice while leveling.
-Damage will not be great against beefy single targets early. Bosses will take awhile to kill until you fully invest in the build. Fortunately, with adequate eHP and the insane recovery of the build, you probably won't die while smacking away at bosses :)

Unknowns for new League:
~We don't know how common Delirium will be/how hard it will be to get a Cluster Jewel early.
~The general 2H/passive tree/Warcry changes will probably make this easier to league start and stronger in general. For example, with Tribal Fury on the tree, we might be able to drop Ancestral Call completely for a better support gem.
~Harvest might make it much easier to upgrade gear while leveling.
~With the passive tree changes, I think this build might need to be reworked a little. Based on what we know so far, it might not be possible to reach Call to Arms (the new instant Warcry keystone), Vaal Pact, the new Tribal Fury notable, and the Mind over Matter area where we put the Glorious Vanity jewel.
Last edited by Cryotron9000 on Jun 12, 2020, 12:01:15 PM
"
We don't know how common Delirium will be/how hard it will be to get a Cluster Jewel early.

Well, not entirely true.

Here is what we know so far (confirmed information):

- Delirium Mirrors will appear from end A5 up until Maps more commonly than they will be later on, so you can expect to meet a mirror in every 5th Area.
- Later on in Maps the appearence of Delirium-Mirrors is bound to the numbers of league mechanics: It is less than 10% while no other league-mechanic is active and scales up with every additional league-mechanic. Meaning in practise: As long as you run your Master-Missions you can expect a Mirror in every 7th til 8th Map, more often if you activate other Mechanics via scarabs or sextants.
- And here´s the kicker: For every Stage on Delirium-Rewards you are about to drop around 0.75 Cluster Jewels. Meaning 2 Stages = 1 garantueed Cluster-Jewel and 50% chance to drop another one. 4 Reward Stages = 3 guaranteed Cluster Jewels etc.

Since it is not that difficult to reach at least 2 rewards I expect it is not difficult to reach at least white base versions right at league start.
Last edited by Vennto on Jun 13, 2020, 2:30:29 AM
"
I actually just leveled a new character to maps with this to see how it would be as a starter. Torstein is definitely right, it's not an amazing starter, but I don't think it's terrible either. Overall I think it's fun and I will probably be starting it anyway, as I like to build a character up from the start instead of league starting an easier build and switching later.

Pros as a Starter:
+Many uniques are very cheap even at league start. From the first day of Delirium data on PoE ninja:
**Pillar of the Caged God was 1c
**Winter Burial was 1c (you will probably need two of these early because you won't get the cold conversion glove unveil for awhile)
**Soul Tether was 2c
**Aztiri's Promise was 4c
**Hegemony's Era was 18c
+The recovery of the build is awesome as soon as you finish the first lab. As long as you keep your eHP in line with the content you are running, you won't die very much.

Cons as a Starter:
-A couple uniques are very expensive early:
**Glorious Vanity, which is a big chunk of your eHP, won't be available until a few days in (because people need time to get enough Legion splinters). When they do start going on the market, they will be expensive for awhile.
**The Pandemonius will be expensive for long time.
**Lion's Roar might be expensive if a lot of people are trying out melee.
-Build needs a lot of passives (level 85-90+) to feel like both damage and eHP are up to par.
-You will probably need to upgrade your weapon once or twice while leveling.
-Damage will not be great against beefy single targets early. Bosses will take awhile to kill until you fully invest in the build. Fortunately, with adequate eHP and the insane recovery of the build, you probably won't die while smacking away at bosses :)

Unknowns for new League:
~We don't know how common Delirium will be/how hard it will be to get a Cluster Jewel early.
~The general 2H/passive tree/Warcry changes will probably make this easier to league start and stronger in general. For example, with Tribal Fury on the tree, we might be able to drop Ancestral Call completely for a better support gem.
~Harvest might make it much easier to upgrade gear while leveling.
~With the passive tree changes, I think this build might need to be reworked a little. Based on what we know so far, it might not be possible to reach Call to Arms (the new instant Warcry keystone), Vaal Pact, the new Tribal Fury notable, and the Mind over Matter area where we put the Glorious Vanity jewel.

You made a solid analysis.

I would also add that build rly starts to feel good with high attack speed, and for that you will need Uber Lab done.

Some changes will definitely happen but i have to wait for patch notes and PoB update.
Leveling might be easier though...
is this build dead yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info