3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

Figured I'd do a little write-up of my experience with the build since I'm wrapping it up and moving on to something different. This is what my gear ended up being by time it was all said and done:

Build didn't fully come together for me until about lvl 80 at which point it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. Easily farms T16's and Metamorphs even when they were bugged for a while and couldn't be frozen. It's still a melee build so you need to treat it as such and play smart if you want to avoid dying as much as possible.

Ended up killing Sirus 5 times in total (4 times pre-nerf/4 times at Awakener lvl8). Unfortunately I did not get to try out the updated version of the build as I was already too invested into the Kaom's Heart version at that point, that being said my setup with Kaom's Heart was already doing 3M+ Shaper DPS and the new setup appears to be even more nutty damage wise so there's that.

All in all the build is great, might come back to it again in a future league.
Leveling this build right now. Isn't it more economical now in the new version to try to get a 6L astral plate (also easier to hit 6R) to put Glacial Hammer in over getting a 6L hegemony's era? Did I miss something that requires having a 6L hegemonys now that Kaom's heart isn't being used?
Hi I have tried to follow the build as closely as possible but I do feel that there is something lacking in my DPS. Currently I am still rolling better stats on my Hegemony's Era and saving up for an awakened ele dmg. Is there something else I can improve on.
"
rustwitch wrote:
Hi I have tried to follow the build as closely as possible but I do feel that there is something lacking in my DPS. Currently I am still rolling better stats on my Hegemony's Era and saving up for an awakened ele dmg. Is there something else I can improve on.

Damage pen / cold dmg on boots, quality on your gems, atziri flask. Keep in mind that as of 3.9 a lot of mobs got more hp / resistances so it's hard to compare it to pre 3.9.

My gear as of yesterday:

Sitting on 5.5K HP / 2.3K ES / -27% Chaos Res, the goal is 6K HP and a higher chaos res.

Next up would be better boots (and enchant), corrupted soul tether, replace life flask, put soul of steel on the amulet, quality amulet, quality staff, more awakened gems.

I'll also test out rage on leap slam and the main setup at some point.

My first T16's went alright so far. Awakened ancestral call and +1 range on helmet brings the clear to another level.
Last edited by foojin on Jan 13, 2020, 1:50:26 AM
"
CoffeeMilkTea wrote:
Leveling this build right now. Isn't it more economical now in the new version to try to get a 6L astral plate (also easier to hit 6R) to put Glacial Hammer in over getting a 6L hegemony's era? Did I miss something that requires having a 6L hegemonys now that Kaom's heart isn't being used?

Yeah you can do that ofc if it's cheaper.
"
rustwitch wrote:

I check your char in PoB.
Your gear is pretty good! Nice jewels too.
Damage is little off because of these things:

-missing Frost Bomb gem!
-quality on Blood Rage, also you can get it up to lvl 14
-boot enchant
-6L gem lvls and quality

also when you are checking your char in PoB you must edit some item with this text:

WORKAROUND CALCULATIONS THAT ARE NOT AUTOCALCULATED BY POB
22% more damage
^^Multistrike calculation correction
+56% to critical strike multiplier
^^From Tempered Flesh jewel and 80 unallocated strength in radius
15% more damage
^^From War Bringer ascendancy notable

Damage will be pretty close to my PoB.

Be sure when you are fighting bosses and Morphs that you have flask charges and to cast Frost Bomb, Warcry, Blood Rage and drop fully charged Warbanner.

My dps is at that point that I don't bother changing Ancestral Call for Ruthless even on T16. I'm fine and I still freeze everything ...

"
Lawfuldank wrote:
Figured I'd do a little write-up of my experience with the build since I'm wrapping it up and moving on to something different. This is what my gear ended up being by time it was all said and done:
Spoiler

Build didn't fully come together for me until about lvl 80 at which point it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. Easily farms T16's and Metamorphs even when they were bugged for a while and couldn't be frozen. It's still a melee build so you need to treat it as such and play smart if you want to avoid dying as much as possible.

Ended up killing Sirus 5 times in total (4 times pre-nerf/4 times at Awakener lvl8). Unfortunately I did not get to try out the updated version of the build as I was already too invested into the Kaom's Heart version at that point, that being said my setup with Kaom's Heart was already doing 3M+ Shaper DPS and the new setup appears to be even more nutty damage wise so there's that.

All in all the build is great, might come back to it again in a future league.

Tyvm for this feedback! I'm glad you had a good time! :)
"

In your guide you write that Blood Rage should be level 13. On level 13 it gets autocasted with CWDT (level 56 req on Blood Rage level 13). Do you recommend putting it up to level 14? Why not 20 then?
"
"
rustwitch wrote:

I check your char in PoB.
Your gear is pretty good! Nice jewels too.
Damage is little off because of these things:

-missing Frost Bomb gem!
-boot enchant
-6L gem lvls and quality

also when you are checking your char in PoB you must edit some item with this text:

WORKAROUND CALCULATIONS THAT ARE NOT AUTOCALCULATED BY POB
22% more damage
^^Multistrike calculation correction
+56% to critical strike multiplier
^^From Tempered Flesh jewel and 80 unallocated strength in radius
15% more damage
^^From War Bringer ascendancy notable

Damage will be pretty close to my PoB.

Be sure when you are fighting bosses and Morphs that you have flask charges and to cast Frost Bomb, Warcry, Blood Rage and drop fully charged Warbanner.

My dps is at that point that I don't bother changing Ancestral Call for Ruthless even on T16. I'm fine and I still freeze everything ...

Thanks I will get those up and start slaying the bosses! really appreciate the work you are doing here
"
reking wrote:
"

In your guide you write that Blood Rage should be level 13. On level 13 it gets autocasted with CWDT (level 56 req on Blood Rage level 13). Do you recommend putting it up to level 14? Why not 20 then?

There is not enough Dex for level 20. He has enough Dex for lvl 14.

You can keep it at CWDT setup but i like to have control over it so it doesn't proc like vs Awakener in some bad situation if im taking some degen and can't hit anything.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 13, 2020, 12:51:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info