[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
hub102ert wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
hub102ert wrote:
What is wrong with my eq? i'm complete 10 act quest line and after switch to freezing pulse totem my damage sucks :( please help

Your gems are level 3-6 at act 10. That is why.
Your gems should be level 15+.

You have alot of empty sockets in your gear. You should be filling those sockets with gems you need for your mid/end game set up so that they are sufficiently levelled.

im buy FP lvl 18 and my dmg incrase 5x higher :) what to do next?

Really depends on your currency but all of your gear/sockets need to be changed

You are running flamability which I imagine was when you were using holy flame totem. Switch it out for the frost bite setup in the guide for when you need to curse something.

Frostbite -> Arcane Surge -> Increased Duration -> Spell Cascade

In your empty gem slots on your main weapon

Cold Snap -> Cast When Damage Taken -> Bonechill

In short: follow the guide, get to 90, then worry about what to do next.
Not gonna lie, I am, so far, disappointed. I expected more with the core items. Going PoB warrior sure, I can pull some good enough numbers, but as of right now, with decent wands and maybe some cluster jewels, it's barely gonna beat my starter Vortex Occultist in damage while being a build that dies if something breathes on it.

https://pastebin.com/HLi7ai9s

I can reach 80 to put on a Verm. Ring with Frostbite on hit and some HP. Swap out the shitty leveling sceptre and Reflection for two DPS wants for something like, 50% more damage. Clusters could add ~15% more. ~25% more from max level non-awakened gems. And that is still gonna be, at best, 50% more damage than an nearly immortal Vortex Occultist for 10x the cost.

Am I missing something here?
"
Laue wrote:
Not gonna lie, I am, so far, disappointed. I expected more with the core items. Going PoB warrior sure, I can pull some good enough numbers, but as of right now, with decent wands and maybe some cluster jewels, it's barely gonna beat my starter Vortex Occultist in damage while being a build that dies if something breathes on it.

https://pastebin.com/HLi7ai9s

I can reach 80 to put on a Verm. Ring with Frostbite on hit and some HP. Swap out the shitty leveling sceptre and Reflection for two DPS wants for something like, 50% more damage. Clusters could add ~15% more. ~25% more from max level non-awakened gems. And that is still gonna be, at best, 50% more damage than an nearly immortal Vortex Occultist for 10x the cost.

Am I missing something here?

As for some others, i'd say follow the guide.

You are missing a lot:

1/Atizri reflection doesn't do for you, you are just missing one weapon slot here as you already have viridi and the belt

2/Your wand is not even trash tier. You can get something way better for 5CO

3/Get lvl 20 gem corrupted. They are cheap at this time of the league and will get you a lot of damage

4/Survivability gets way better with damage for this build, as it depends on freeze/chill

I'd guess just these small upgrade (50CO max?) will help a lot to get to higher budget upgrades
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Rustoja wrote:
and I would need to take my curse/frostbomb setup out of trigger wand

Awakened hextouch 5 grants +1 curse, so you can keep the anoint if you like.

I assumed you meant triple curse, I am running awakened hextouch on my trigger wand with Frostbomb(conveniently also 8sec cooldown) linked to hextouch + Frostbite

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Rustoja wrote:
My one issue with that is that it is super hard to balance resists if one has inc damage vs chilled+coldres on gloves, and there just aren't very many interesting mods on gloves otherwise. So Im not sure if I'd get much out of this anyway.

I'm Breathstealer, with a DPS anoint (Heartseeker). Running Wise Oak is going to be super hard to organise with my current boots, but it's definitely doable. The blighted spores make ultimatums much simpler.

I would love to run Breathslealers, but I am of mind you would have to give up wise oak for this to make sense. Perhaps this is the way, I'm gonna mess with it in PoB a bit.

Edit:
Seems Frost Walker was so high dps because of Wise Oak exactly :P
Last edited by Rustoja on May 13, 2021, 4:52:33 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me what gear upgrade should I do next for the best dps increase ? I am fairly new to the game and this is my first character. Thanks.
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Recla wrote:
Can anyone give me a clue on what to upgrade next?

Spoiler
First things first, I'd replace the shield with another wand. I know you get +1 totems on that shield, but that gives you a total of 7 totems. You can only cast 3 at a time, which means to get the full amount, you need to do 3 casts. You'd be better off just having 6 beefed up totems with a second nice wand. Your first wand also has room for improvement as it only has 5 affixes. You should get a helmet with 30% increased projectile speed for Freezing Pulse. The rest of your gear looks good. You're now at the point where you may want to consider a double curse setup. I'd drop your frost bomb setup and go with a double curse helmet, Hextouch + Frostbite + Elemental Weakness + Hydrosphere. You can achieve the double curse w/ either Awakened Hextouch or change your amulet anoint to Whispers of Doom. Then you probably want to get a curse medium cluster jewel w/ Master of Fear & Wish for Death. You could also get a Bottled Faith flask. Then from there it's stuff like corrupting your body for + skills, etc.

"
falkowa42 wrote:

Is there a post about the recommendation on the best way to color the soul mantle chest? Is it just 6 socketing then using harvest? Or to try and use the jeweler trick with getting all the recipes from delving, etc.?

Spoiler
Vorici Calc says most cost efficient recipe is the "At least 1 green socket" and should take you on average 278 chromes, or 94 tries of the recipe. It's probably cheaper to use harvest crafting if you have the right recipes.

Hey hoping to get a bit of further advice from you regarding the curse medium cluster jewel... if I were to get this, am I replacing my astonishing/cold conduction jewel or adding it into the large slot?
Hello, can someone look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve it? All I do is F***in Die in maps. Tier 14+. One shot, either ultimatums or random shit. Can never tell you exactly what it is.. I just go from 100 to 0. Even Shaper Guardians are hard to kill :D really getting annoyed.
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Hello, can someone look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve it? All I do is F***in Die in maps. Tier 14+. One shot, either ultimatums or random shit. Can never tell you exactly what it is.. I just go from 100 to 0. Even Shaper Guardians are hard to kill :D really getting annoyed.

Your character is level 97 and your gear is far better to mine...yet I can kill guardians in under 15s. Yes I can still get 1 shot from time to time (99% from ultimatums). This leads me to believe it could be related to your DPS and/or Life but more likely the Playstyle and Quality of Life elements you have on this build.

What is your life & Mana? Mine is 4070 and 2590 with ES at around 800. So my EHQ is around 6.2k which is also a little low but clearing juiced t16s, guardians, ubers, delirium, simulacrums is all easy.

What is your tooltip DPS in hideout with only your aura on, no totems, nothing else? Mine is 168k (again low compared to others but more than enough).

When levelling I hit a point where I was getting killed a fair bit and it was solved by having Quality of Life improvements - permanent onslaught, permanent mana flask and Phase run. I noticed that the slow speed increased chances of getting hit which causes stun and then instant death. With phase run, extra speed from onslaught and constant healing the chance of being hit reduced and if I was hit within a split second using Life flask as well I would be back at full health.

With Ultimatums do not select the two totem options where you receive 10% of maximum life as physical or elemental damage). Although not conclusive I believe the damage is applied in a single chunk, so when you kill like 20 monsters at the same time it comes as a massive 'one shot'. I stopped taking those nodes and havent died randomly in Ultimatums since.

Never take the flask options and for me never take any option which hinders your movement. Otherwise the rest are fine if you keep moving fast.
Last edited by Mentalmike on May 14, 2021, 5:28:56 AM
"
Recla wrote:
Hey hoping to get a bit of further advice from you regarding the curse medium cluster jewel... if I were to get this, am I replacing my astonishing/cold conduction jewel or adding it into the large slot?

Put it where your viridian jewel is at the moment.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
When levelling I hit a point where I was getting killed a fair bit and it was solved by having Quality of Life improvements - permanent onslaught, permanent mana flask and Phase run. I noticed that the slow speed increased chances of getting hit which causes stun and then instant death. With phase run, extra speed from onslaught and constant healing the chance of being hit reduced and if I was hit within a split second using Life flask as well I would be back at full health.

Brine King/Ryslatha help here too.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Never take the flask options and for me never take any option which hinders your movement. Otherwise the rest are fine if you keep moving fast.

I also avoid the spitting fire one because it can kill your totems. If your totems die, you quickly follow. The hindering ground one is fine for me though.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 14, 2021, 5:32:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info