[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I am playing this build right now but have absolutely no plan on what to do next ... / upgrade next

any advices?

I don't have much time but for the 2 people who asked about gear upgrade you both a running a 5 link, prioritise getting a 6 link then a weapon with +1 cold all dam or a better wand/scepter (exxidus your wand is ok even without +1 for the moment, don't spend 2ex for a 5% upgrade). ok ones are 80-2ex but the 6link should be No 1. Also annoint your amulet at least with flash freeze (check guide).

Also a reminder, some of you are about to buy atziri, one of the new player in this chat got scammed 20ex last season. it's a common scam, they will link you the good one (reflection) then cancel the trade, say sorry, and then reopen and try tio trade you a atziri mirror (same graphic but 0c value). Take your time when trading and 90% of the time the cheapest one is a scammer.
Last edited by NoStRoMoSs on Mar 23, 2020, 11:46:51 AM
is it worth to go for 20/20 FP gems or is the projectile speed not worth it?
yea I had 3! people all try the Atziri's scam on me last season... Be careful!
Hey, im playing a totem freezing pulse build from poe.ninja, someone reached lvl 100 with it.

hes using Frostbite->Faster Projectile->Cold Penetration Support.

That doesnt make any sense to me, cause frostbite is a curse and has nothing to do with a projectile. Could someone explain?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/wizzardo1337/wiztoice?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant
"
Kirbmon wrote:

Projectile speed is very important, especially for map clear speed (not so much for bosses, as you normally put totems right on top of them anyway). I'd even say 20/20 is better than 21/0.

+ medium cluster with curse stuff
+ small one with holistic health

https://pastebin.com/9kqGSyK6

what's the next upgrade? should i just save for atziri at this point?
"
"
Kirbmon wrote:

Projectile speed is very important, especially for map clear speed (not so much for bosses, as you normally put totems right on top of them anyway). I'd even say 20/20 is better than 21/0.

Yea the guide also suggests projectile speed helm enchant over damage. You can use the exact same reasoning here.

"For your helm enchant, pick up the Freezing Pulse +30% Projectile Speed if you can. Freezing Pulse drops off in damage and freeze chance the further it travels, so the faster you can make the projectile go, the more damage it will do at any given point in its travel path."

"
Drest wrote:
what's the next upgrade? should i just save for atziri at this point?

No expert but what I did was Pandemonius (big boost including anointment, PoB it to see), a 21/20 Freezing Pulse (another big boost), the 2 cheap awakened gems to start levelling (cold pen was 50c, you can skip added cold but I wanted to start levelling since it gets the big boost at level 5) and now I am saving for Atziri's. Getting that will allow essence worm (cheap) and a second ring to fix resists etc while I save for Coward's Legacy.

It's a trade off between saving up 18-20ex at once or spending a little to make farming faster/safer/fun. I feel like I need a little investment to keep progressing since AL5 Sirus felt very BS compared to last league and I nearly lost my last portal. Some elder and shaper guardians are a little rough too.

Some of my other gear is mediocre but I hate balancing resists so want to wait for Atziri's unless I find a bargain.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Mar 23, 2020, 7:32:35 PM
"
NoStRoMoSs wrote:
I don't have much time but for the 2 people who asked about gear upgrade you both a running a 5 link, prioritise getting a 6 link then a weapon with +1 cold all dam or a better wand/scepter (exxidus your wand is ok even without +1 for the moment, don't spend 2ex for a 5% upgrade). ok ones are 80-2ex but the 6link should be No 1. Also annoint your amulet at least with flash freeze (check guide).

Also a reminder, some of you are about to buy atziri, one of the new player in this chat got scammed 20ex last season. it's a common scam, they will link you the good one (reflection) then cancel the trade, say sorry, and then reopen and try tio trade you a atziri mirror (same graphic but 0c value). Take your time when trading and 90% of the time the cheapest one is a scammer.

thanks for the help :) didnt know about annointments checked it now - so cool :)
"
NoStRoMoSs wrote:
still clearing T16 juiced up to the max well but die enough to be stuck at lev 90, tried 2 simulac went 19/20 both time, just cannot kill 2 boss at the same time.

Sadly I feel the same. I clear everything with absolutely no problems, bossing is okay as long as I have time to recast totems. Whenever something big sneezes at me, or a server just lags a bit, I'm done. I got to lvl 92 by delving, spamming beachheads and playing super carefully, but getting instagibbed when you couldn't do anything about it just doesn't feel great. Like somebody else said here a bit earlier, leveling past 90 with this build is like one step forward two steps back, even though clear power is definitely there.

Great clear speed and fairly straightforward scaling options, but the lack of mitigation or avoidance layers combined with all the funny delirium mechanics is what eventually made me decide to stop playing it. Or I'm completely missing something.

Also I was lucky to grab some wands and gear early in the league, but now upgrade costs are kinda going upwards too much for my limited playtime to chase them (woke gems, pandemonius etc).

My current gear for reference. Skill tree straight outta guide lvl 95 version.

Last edited by noene on Mar 24, 2020, 7:21:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info