Integrating Blight into Core Path of Exile

I think it's a good decision, provided you keep the loot drop rate at a similar level and don't nerf it to such ridiculous levels like you did with the Legion encounters.

You could balance it out a bit more (red tier blighted maps should keep their level, yellows could use a bit of a nerf).

For the performance issues, why don't you:

1. Significantly cut the drop rate for all that low level crap at the end of the encounter (seriously, nobody needs that).
2. Instead of sending huge hordes of monsters along the lanes, send a lot less but make them much stronger in return.
Disappointed that this farce of a league mechanic is going core, tedious encounters that you feel forced to do because of the oils, laggy maps you can only do on meta builds.
God enough with all this hate garbage. You all act like children throwing a tantrum when someone makes you do something. NEW FLASH YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT. No one is forcing you with a gun pointed to your head or your family members head threatening to kill you/them. You can just do the encounters get the free oil sell the maps for a pretty penny and go about your day. Stop your whining grow up and just play the freaking game.
pog
"
Petardinjo wrote:
just imagine POE 2 - 3 years from now how many freaking stash specific tabs you will aquire because all these "going to core" bs currencies jesus christ.. so we will need stash tab for oils as well as for all other 1/100 bullshit currencies..

meh...

Also 4 default tabs were introduced 20 years ago and since then all the crap in the galaxy was added essences, breach, fragments, legion, scarabs, oils, fossils, prophecies, divs etc. And it's still 4 f u cking tabs. You are out of touch and out of your mind ggg.

Nobody cares about all the added crapshoot anyway, with that terrible performance and lag. Syndicate is still a lame lagfest, who cares right let's add some more on top.
"
Gniewoszowaty wrote:
Players on ps4 as usual, will not get what players on the PC because 140+ programmers from GGG cannot optimize the console game.
Questions:
1.How will you be able to get oils in the upcoming league on consoles, if at all it will be possible without blight support
2.When you finally start to treat players from the console normally - we also support you with our money.

I didn't play Blight cause I don't play leagues, but for what I've heard it was almost unplayable on ps4 and I mean, I can easily believe that,seen the overall performances of the game on the console.
So I can understand why it's not going core.
With that being said we all know that "the fixes" to bring Blight in the core game will eventually occur with the new console generation, surely not before it.
So, how about making console player able to get oils from some other mechanic?
Oils open a good amount of possibilities for builds that whiteout them won't be possibile.
Just implement oils in some other ways until blight hit the console core game.
Definitely a good decision. While I didn't enjoy the TD mechanics that much, I LOVED the additional possibilities brought by anointing. That was a great, light-weight addition that opened up so many new ways of going about designing a build.

On top of that it's a very easily skipable type of content for anyone that doesn't want to run it. Good job GGG!
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
I approve, but try to eliminate random-ass 1-shots (ones that don't have counter-play). Also make blight mobs visible over reward icons on the minimap. I dare you to ask me why.
Shame console players will have to wait.

Oh, oh, also - will you add slots for oils in appropriate tab/s?

Edit:
Btw - I think all the whining about Synthesis and Bestiary (or every other league tbh) was mostly about the way new mechanics were implemented, not the leagues itself.
For example - synthesizing was awesome, but it was too convoluted, building Nexus was great, but frustrating when you couldn't get the puzzle piece you needed/wanted, catching beasts was annoying, bcs it was stupid and took too long (Einhar is still a bit too slow IMO) etc. etc.
Do you catch my drift?

Add an in-game notepad btw. Just do it, please ;*
Last edited by NIKOvbn on Nov 29, 2019, 11:28:20 AM
"
Rothulean wrote:
This is honestly close to what you guys should have done while the league was more active. One of the (many) problems with this league was being unable to find Blighted Maps. =(

Would you rather see them constantly trying to rush-patch the league to hopefully get it right, or look at all the feedback, weigh their options, and make an informed decision about it afterwards? IMO, the patch cycles for challenge leagues are often already chaotic in the first month or so, and after that, patching in changes to the mechanics would likely see just as much problem (and potential cause upset in some of the community) that is likely is not often worth it. As a developer, I know that I would rather wait for a major version update, feature change, or some other milestone, rather that trying to continually patch a product to hopefully hit the mark.

While it would have been good to fix the remainder of the league, it is likely something that took a lot of internal review before coming to this set of conclusions. Sadly, I missed all of Blight league (well, except for hitting level 2 or 3 before having to quit, and life being overly complicated this past league), so I cannot weigh in much on if this will make things better or not over time. I am glad they at least look at these things, and then work to make them better for the long haul. And with all of that said, I suspect that you are correct in your overall analysis. Again, too bad they did not come to this before the league started.

The best part, overall, is that they are working to make it better now, and that is why I love GGG. They take chances and risks, admit their failures and mistakes, deeply care about the game and the community (I thought Chris would cry at least twice at Exilecon), and are always striving to make a better product. Almost every other gaming company that is not small/indie/oldschool could learn from them.
Map drop rate is less than 5% in Blight league. What about the blight maps we've collected with a lot of difficulty? in standard, throw it in the trash? If you are going to do the job properly, you need to separate the maps collected in the Blight league and the subsequent maps. The fall rate of the old maps should remain at the normal level. That way we don't suffer. (You apply the restriction to new maps and mirror copies.)

If this is not the case, you should warn. Let's not take a map to the standard league. Let's consume them all in the Blight league.
Last edited by bariss on Nov 29, 2019, 11:35:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info