Dear Chris, thanks for that almost killing joke! :)

"
grepman wrote:
snorkle is right about it being one of the most complained-about things

as audience of poe grew increasingly casual and instant gratification-oriented, obviously things like death penalty, map drops, general drops (this was 'rectified' a long time ago theres almost an opposite cry of 'everything is worthless', who would've thought ?), ie basically anything that make PoE a grinding and carrot-on-a-stick-but-not-quite-there game, are under attack.

it will be fun to watch people finally get automated AH in PoE2 and then realize
their stuff is completely worthless.

maybe PoE will finally turn into a game about how to dress up a barbie in 15 different ways. there wont be penalties, just extra rewards for not dying 23411240192 times. there wont be gated content, you could go just from story end into endgame bossing provided you got your gear (and you got it via automated AH). everyones happy. well, everyone but some original fans, but hey that will be such a tiny minority it wont matter.

Poe will be a true sandbox without wrong choices that 'waste' time. Without any penalty for doing shit you're not supposed to do. because, hey, its a sandbox, maybe I want to play cast on death build.

wouldn't be fun. because the very same players that wanted more automatisation would blame ggg for it's failure.
just like with d3 where they blamed "bad itemisation" they will pull something out of their ... pockets.

and boem, i wouldn't.argue with turtle, he singlehandedly forced ggg to think about reworking the labyrinth and moving ascendancy points elsewbere. well, kind of.

i really hope they move the labs between acts as bot protection and we have to rescue some girls for the points. would be a nice win for turtle!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 21, 2019, 2:52:36 AM
"
vio wrote:
and boem, i wouldn't.argue with turtle, he singlehandedly forced ggg to think about reworking the labyrinth and moving ascendancy points elsewbere. well, kind of.

That's a really gross overestimation imho, reaaaally.

GGG improved the lab because there they knew that some players didn't like it ( I suspect reddit is louder than people around here ), and beacause some useful feedback was given.
I don't remember Turtle giving any of this "useful feedback", I remember Turtle autagonizing other with anaglogies about shit over and over again and just asking for a removal of the points from the lab, which did not happen and hopefully never ever will.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
other than the literal hand full of posts on the forum every now and them from idiots that keep dying to easy shit everyone dose not complain about them, stop thinking the noisy little buggers are the majority.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
vio wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
snorkle is right about it being one of the most complained-about things

as audience of poe grew increasingly casual and instant gratification-oriented, obviously things like death penalty, map drops, general drops (this was 'rectified' a long time ago theres almost an opposite cry of 'everything is worthless', who would've thought ?), ie basically anything that make PoE a grinding and carrot-on-a-stick-but-not-quite-there game, are under attack.

it will be fun to watch people finally get automated AH in PoE2 and then realize
their stuff is completely worthless.

maybe PoE will finally turn into a game about how to dress up a barbie in 15 different ways. there wont be penalties, just extra rewards for not dying 23411240192 times. there wont be gated content, you could go just from story end into endgame bossing provided you got your gear (and you got it via automated AH). everyones happy. well, everyone but some original fans, but hey that will be such a tiny minority it wont matter.

Poe will be a true sandbox without wrong choices that 'waste' time. Without any penalty for doing shit you're not supposed to do. because, hey, its a sandbox, maybe I want to play cast on death build.

wouldn't be fun. because the very same players that wanted more automatisation would blame ggg for it's failure.
just like with d3 where they blamed "bad itemisation" they will pull something out of their ... pockets.

i really hope they move the labs between acts as bot protection and we have to rescue some girls for the points. would be a nice win for turtle!

I assume that was tongue in cheek light heart teasing. Well done.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

i'm seriously impressed they consider changing the ascendancy points' location.

my suggestion ever has been to put cadiro in the last incarnation of the lab to make it more attractive but i guess meanwhile they have so much stuff to sort insert somewhere that there is no lack of content to make the lab attractive.

i'm not so sure about making it mandatory though, it would work well as a bot protection but maybe too well and fail cause imho most players want to play (and trade) like bots.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I have a wall full of paint that isn't going to watch itself dry.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
vio wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

i'm seriously impressed they consider changing the ascendancy points' location.

Who said that they were actually considering such a thing ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
its funny because lab+ascendancy points coupling is such a minor thing, that it got heaps on heaps of arguing is hilarious in its own right

it's really a microcosm of entitled gaming nowadays, filled with the threats of leaving and whatnot.

gaming nowadays is shit, catering to lowest common denominator and outcries of kindergartners.

people for some reason don't want to engage in something they don't like, at all. back in the day people would just do it and put it away since it's so negligible, lab is how much % of total time spent on your regular toon playthrough ?

but nah, nowadays of just sucking it up and doing some routines you don't like is not good enough. need to complain about it and show how entitled you are that in a game you only want to do whats fun to you and if something stands in your way that is mandatory and you dont like it, it must be eradicated ! pathetic.
"
Fruz wrote:

Since people who complain are much more likely to voice their opinion than people that have no problem to begin with, it's likely that amoung people who really have a problem about something, a significant part of them come to complain.

this is true for somethings , but not for games.
The majority of people who have a problem with something in a game will just find something else to go play. Evidence is seen through player retention and the inability to get newer players to stick with POE over other options.

the numbers are staggeringly high amongst people i try to get to play this game.
9/10 will quit withing 2 weeks due to the death penalty wasting their time with no method of regaining the progress in a timely manner.

for every 1 person complaining on the forums about an issue, there are tenfolds of people who either quit , or read the thread and having nothing to add.

the current penalty just forces you to clear maps as fast as possible and play a ridiculous amount of maps. There is nothing about it that is good for the game.
-There should be a penalty - but there should also be a method to regain the loss quickly.

"
nadakuu wrote:
this is true for somethings , but not for games.
The majority of people who have a problem with something in a game will just find something else to go play. Evidence is seen through player retention and the inability to get newer players to stick with POE over other options.

Of course it's true for games .....

Players that are just happy with the game play it.
A very, very tiny tiny drastic minority will come here to say "Hey, thanks GGG !"

But unhappy players playing a F2P game ? Those are among the most entitled people I've ever seen, and proportionally, you can be sure than many many more of them will complain about it somewhere.

"
nadakuu wrote:
9/10 will quit withing 2 weeks due to the death penalty wasting their time with no method of regaining the progress in a timely manner.

Something is already quite wrong in your sentence.

I know, you would like to believe that everybody who knows who's stopped PoE did it just because there is an xp penalty on death.
But you know that it's no actually the case.

"
nadakuu wrote:
the current penalty just forces you to clear maps as fast as possible and play a ridiculous amount of maps.

What ?
This is absolute nonsense .... THE WHOLE GAME "forces" you to be efficient because it's all based around RNG, including content access.
The game pushes to speed. Which is absolutely irrelevant and disconnected from the penalty on death.

What people will try to bring forward as arguments even though it has nothing to do with the topic .... holy cow !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info