[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

Thanks for the build guild! Still leveling at the moment, actually really enjoying the Freezing Pulse set up. Just wondering what what gems you used in your Widowmakers when you switched to Cyclone?

edit: Also, found some gloves "Oskarm, Nubuck Gloves", these seem pretty nice for the build, any thoughts?

edit 2: I just "priced up" the gear required. Ignoring the rings (because they don't exist at the moment) and the Watcher's eye and just buying the cheapest version listed (corrupted 6-link for chest, etc), cost is about 10EX (100C per EX)! The biggest ticket item is the Cospris at 3.2ex each. Do you expect this cost to come down through the league?
Last edited by nzgrover on Dec 16, 2019, 3:08:55 AM
I got 6L, but the damage is still very low. I can't even handle the T2 normal boss. Any suggestion? I'm using Hereal of Ice, Hatred and Precision for now.
Good afternoon. Tell me how the build feels in 3.9? Copes with bosses, how will it be on red cards? On this moment went through whirlwind of blades+messenger ice, sweep carte not the bad but damage on bosses very little,here is think until not late will switch on this build. Thanks!
Got Cospris and some other stuff. The sustain aint that bad now. Fire Leech is important tho.
"
KingSlayer101 wrote:

How'd you get those Cospri so fast?

Dropped 2 exalted and sold some items for 300c worth~
Wondering about Poacher's mark, I assume that's recommended purely for the mana on hit effect?

Given that the frenzy charges generated by it are only from kills and thus typically unavailable in boss fights (given their short duration, even with add phases the charges will run out before you re-engage with boss), I hope that frenzy charges are not included in your APS calculations.

If that's all you need poacher's mark for, it would be cheaper and easier to get a jewel with mana on hit before you get a shaper's mark and then get another benefit from having a elder ring, right?
"
hsanhuezar wrote:
So far so great, Im using it as league starter, the leveling until 60 was a PAIN, a bigggg big pain.
But then the tabula drop and everything runing smooth for t5 maps, methamorph bosses can be tough.

Build survivability while leveling was expectedly low, that's why I usually do acts with more of a glasscannon-like build, investing a lot on damage and some on life. This idea came from a Freezing Pulse build I've seen once and long lost the link. :P
With this idea, you usually kill most of stuff on one or two casts). The only exceptions are bosses and (in this league) metamorphs, on which you need to be quite mobile to dodge mechanics.

"
nzgrover wrote:
Thanks for the build guild! Still leveling at the moment, actually really enjoying the Freezing Pulse set up. Just wondering what what gems you used in your Widowmakers when you switched to Cyclone?

edit: Also, found some gloves "Oskarm, Nubuck Gloves", these seem pretty nice for the build, any thoughts?

edit 2: I just "priced up" the gear required. Ignoring the rings (because they don't exist at the moment) and the Watcher's eye and just buying the cheapest version listed (corrupted 6-link for chest, etc), cost is about 10EX (100C per EX)! The biggest ticket item is the Cospris at 3.2ex each. Do you expect this cost to come down through the league?

On Widowmakers, you can put gems for leveling or some CWDT setups. For example, setups with Immortal Call and Steelskin are pretty good for our survivability.

Oskarm is indeed a good item, but I wouldn't recommend it for late game for two reasons. First, it lacks resistances (and even reduces chaos resistance), and we already occupy some item slots with uniques. The second reason is that although it curses with Assassin's mark, Poacher's Mark ring gives you frenzy charges and some good life and mana on hit. If you opt for Oskarm anyways, it frees one affix on ring and increases your damage. It's still a good option. :)

Watcher's Eye price will drop. Its price is currently high because we don't have many available, but as time passes, price will most probably drop. I'm not so sure about Cospri price, though. On Blight its price started between 40 and 70 chaos on the beginning of the league, but price suddenly exploded on this one. I guess we can expect some reduction in price, but I'm not sure how much. I can't assure you its price will go lower than 2ex, sadly.

"
La_D wrote:
I got 6L, but the damage is still very low. I can't even handle the T2 normal boss. Any suggestion? I'm using Hereal of Ice, Hatred and Precision for now.

I've checked your character. If you're still struggling, I recommend you to get an Effigon coupled with Flesh and Stone for a cheap 100% hit chance. I guess it's the most difference you would get to get the build running. It will also help on your tankiness by blinding everything nearby.

"
1oz1 wrote:
Good afternoon. Tell me how the build feels in 3.9? Copes with bosses, how will it be on red cards? On this moment went through whirlwind of blades+messenger ice, sweep carte not the bad but damage on bosses very little,here is think until not late will switch on this build. Thanks!

Sadly I didn't have much time to play, so I only went to act 8. But as build didn't have many changes compared to last league, I'd say you could check the videos from 3.8. It was pretty good for both clearing and bosses, and I'd say it will still be!

"
Anttrax wrote:
Got Cospris and some other stuff. The sustain aint that bad now. Fire Leech is important tho.

Happy to hear! I felt bad on your last comment, basically because it is quite true. Leveling can be painful if you aren't used to it, and so does the beginning on COC. But as you start to build and get some items, it gets increasingly strong!
And yeah, leech is definitely important. A Life Leech support can help a lot!

"
pepejovi wrote:
Wondering about Poacher's mark, I assume that's recommended purely for the mana on hit effect?

Given that the frenzy charges generated by it are only from kills and thus typically unavailable in boss fights (given their short duration, even with add phases the charges will run out before you re-engage with boss), I hope that frenzy charges are not included in your APS calculations.

If that's all you need poacher's mark for, it would be cheaper and easier to get a jewel with mana on hit before you get a shaper's mark and then get another benefit from having a elder ring, right?

I've included frenzy charges on APS calculation because if we didn't, we would go over APS cap when they were up, something bad for our damage.
Poacher's Mark ring helps with "no regen" maps and delve, and frenzy charges also give us more damage, useful for clearing. I've been looking for a reliable frenzy charge source, but no success so far.

Dropping Poacher's Mark is indeed an option (also probably cheaper). You could look for an Elder ring (just for Mark of the Shaper bonus) with cold or fire damage, life and resists. You can also go for the Elder-specific affixes "damage against ignited enemies", "fire damage to spells and attacks", or "life gained for each enemy hit".
So far so good, going into yellow maps today.

Clear Speed is very good 8/10

No Cospris yet but good crit weapons.

Loving the Freezing on metabosses, I have allocated Flesh Freeze for extra freeze with blight oils.

Not sure if I'll change to Avatar of Fire *thinking emoji*

Is there a CI variation? Chaos bosses are melting me
There's one frenzy charge source that worked for me in Legion with another Cospri's build - a corrupted Cospri's with "Gain a Frenzy Charge after Spending a total of 200 Mana" corruption.
Reporting after 3 days (missed launch day):

Started as an freezing pulse caster. Wasn't that bad but not the best either, skipped most campaign metamorph.

Swapped to initial coc setup after merc lab as advised on a 5l (skipped faster attacks), aaaand.. that was the most painfull period in the build in my opinion (before getting 1st cospri). Once You get the first one, things start to go smoother, now shortly after getting a second one it feel's butter smooth. Even on a 4l armor and without uber lab.

Current gear:

Spoiler

also, each jewel with max % life, because I found it more usefull for now, before optimizing the setup, brings me to ~5.3k life at lvl 87.

Opted for Throatseeker and Light of Divinity on the tree instead of 4 power charge nodes. Build is far from finished, but I've no problem whatsoever with dmg, only the chaos/poison elderslayer hurts a lot.

I'm currently plannig:
- get a random 6l with life/res matching the color for WoC setup
- get starkonja (I prefer life over MS for this stage, will see if more attack speed will be needed after all)
- get shaped leather belt with CDR
- start saving for either 6l Loreweave (more defensive utility) or rings (mark of shaper + elder poacher's mark ring)
- start fine tuning the setup
- fixing all the other pieces in the meantime

Hopefully that helps anyone currently trying the build out, I for sure am having a lot of fun playing it (after the initial frustration when I didn't have a single cospri and both dmg/survi sucked)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info