[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

I'm new to crafting, what should I do to this? I'm already at 15.11 aps.\

edit: used a regal and got the lightning res
Last edited by TheWooSensation on Feb 11, 2020, 9:34:30 PM
"

I'm new to crafting, what should I do to this? I'm already at 15.11 aps.\

edit: used a regal and got the lightning res

As it has 1 prefix and 2 suffixes, you can craft the same I did on mine: multimod > 56-70 to maximum life > cannot be frozen
"
RodRoda wrote:
Can i get some tips on what i am missing on dps. Because i think im getting about half of the damage of what the pob was provided in the top of the main post here. This is my pob Thanks in advance https://pastebin.com/gx5dhpDn

Your highest resist is cold, so you don't benefit from Wise Oak penetration. Try to fix your resistances so fire is your highest (2 or 3 equal resistances as highest values is good, too, but fire as highest is a must).

As you're using Haste to cap your APS, you lack some damage increase for that mana reservation. Once you can get some more APS from other sources, you can change it (or you can already change it, if you want to). Some good options are Skitterbots (for the 15% shock effect), Anger, Hatred or Zealotry.

Other than that, as far as I've checked you still have level 20 spell gems and you've got some bad affixes on your jewels, as well as the boots enchant (which is your only leech source - beware, as you possibly don't have mobs around to activate your leech on boss fights).
Last edited by Chesco on Feb 12, 2020, 6:57:58 AM
"
ArcticWolff wrote:
Can anyone give me some tips on what to upgrade next?
Got about 30 ex to spend but don't know what would benefit me the most...

Spoiler

Thanks !

You probably have a high APS, but you've got no cooldown recovery speed on equipment (Awakened COC only affects linked spells), which make you go over your APS cap (which is 12 if you don't have CRS). Try to get >=14% CRS on boots, as you're using HH on belt.

You can drop Portal and Culling Strike gems to place a defensive 2link with CWDT - Steelskin (both 20, if you've got 155 strength) or CWDT 1 - Immortal Call 3 (if you don't). You can also go for level 21 spells and maybe improve jewels (didn't check your character on POB, but it's always a possibility).
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Also another q: is skitterbots + gloves with 50% damage against chilled enemies better than 2 50% auras? I assume since we run Avatar of Fire we can't chill anyone another way.

We can still chill with Vortex, too. And yes, the affixes on gloves are pretty good for us. Not only the "against chilled enemies" effect, but burning and shocked are also pretty good options.

Two 50% auras is a bit bad because it's a lot of allocation for possibly not so good benefits. Herald of Ash has an awesome effect for a 25% reservation. Precision 1 allows us to invest on some pretty affixes on Watcher's Eye jewels (and gives us some crit chance for a very low reservation).

Skitterbots is definitely not mandatory, but it's a cheap option to get what most 50% auras would give us (without putting Watcher's Eye into account). This happens because instead of literally increasing our damage, Skitterbots increases damage taken by the target by 15% instead (thus stacking with every other damage increase mechanics: increased damage, more damage, criticals, fire penetration), while most of the other auras increase those values I've listed in parenthesis, which we already stack quite a lot, thus having a reduced effect the stronger we are.

As an example, I've just dropped Skitterbots on my char and replaced it with Zealotry after I've put my hands on a nasty Watcher's Eye (20ex). It was a damage increase for me because I've found other sources for "enemies take #% increased damage", such as Aspect of the Spider, Watcher's Eye Zealotry affix and Bottled Faith affix. I'm now near 12m DPS with almost the same gear from the build POB, only still lacking the elemental penetration enchant on boots (that freaking enchant just doesn't come).
Last edited by Chesco on Feb 12, 2020, 7:19:21 AM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Hi All, does anyone have a good PoB with GG gear in slots? I'm looking to upgrade everything I have but not sure the "optimal" mods on gloves/belt/boots especially with new mods in the mix. My budget is very high :)

I have a nearby enemy blind chest, so if I get 12% mana reduction in tree to run 2 50% along with HoA and Precision, should I run Zealotry + Hatred, or Zealotry + Anger? Once I decide that, I can get a GG Watcher.

Currently running soul tether + glorious vanity typical set up but looking to upgrade damage and switch out tether eventually.

I've talked a little about auras on the last comment (I'm going backwards on the posts :P). The two best 50% auras for us are Zealotry and Hatred. Anger is a good option if you're thinking about getting the Anger fire leech affix on Watcher's Eye. For Zealotry and Hatred, Zealotry is a bit better because it also increases our crit chance (by creating consecrated ground). Again, this doesn't account for Watcher's Eye affixes - you should test it on POB to check what's better for you before buying one.

Still, investing on reduced mana reservation on tree is not a good option when we have Skitterbots as an alternative for a 50% aura. :P

Soul Tether seemed to be a good option, but I ended up dropping it (quite early, in fact). It just seemed that I didn't need the "life leech doesn't end at full life", as I'm always hitting (literally, as we're immune to stun - while spinning - and freeze) and thus always generating more leech.
Could anyone tell me what i can do to avoid one shots at this point ? Ive seemingly got most of the items recommended in the build but still get one shotted by bosses and meta's

any upgrade tips are appreciated

I got this to drop while spamming Zana missions. Is it worth switching out Shaper's mark for this? I blew all my currency crafting my tailwind boots so I'm not going to be able to afford a Bottled Faith anytime soon. And if it is worth it what do I go for next? The redeemer + elder body armor base is way too expensive for me to afford.

Edit: Thanks for the boot crafting advice. Did I calculate my aps correctly? I added the 20% increased attack speed to my frozen trail but I'm not seeing anyone else de-leveling their faster attack support (mine is 15/20).

https://pastebin.com/v6YHvmre

Last edited by TheWooSensation on Feb 12, 2020, 10:18:13 PM
"
Chesco wrote:
Your highest resist is cold, so you don't benefit from Wise Oak penetration. Try to fix your resistances so fire is your highest (2 or 3 equal resistances as highest values is good, too, but fire as highest is a must).

As you're using Haste to cap your APS, you lack some damage increase for that mana reservation. Once you can get some more APS from other sources, you can change it (or you can already change it, if you want to). Some good options are Skitterbots (for the 15% shock effect), Anger, Hatred or Zealotry.

Other than that, as far as I've checked you still have level 20 spell gems and you've got some bad affixes on your jewels, as well as the boots enchant (which is your only leech source - beware, as you possibly don't have mobs around to activate your leech on boss fights).

Alright thanks for pointing out some things about the build i have replaced some things on it. And about the skitterbots do they shock/chill shaper and deal increased dmg or is anger/hatred better to use? As for the watchereye i plan on changing that out when i see one that has precision and one that leeches life while affected by anger.For the ring what would u recommend a lot of them cost a pretty penny but i might be able to change same with the gems im chancing them for 21 they cost a bit. and jewels you say the affix is bad how so? if you're talking about the maximum mana that i was testing something but didnt work lol i might be able to change it if it's not to expinsive. i spent almost all my currency on the chest piece not long ago.

this is the new one
https://pastebin.com/4rWPbmnw
Last edited by RodRoda on Feb 12, 2020, 9:39:39 PM
"

I got this to drop while spamming Zana missions. Is it worth switching out Shaper's mark for this? I blew all my currency crafting my tailwind boots so I'm not going to be able to afford a Bottled Faith anytime soon. And if it is worth it what do I go for next? The redeemer + elder body armor base is way too expensive for me to afford.

Edit: Thanks for the boot crafting advice. Did I calculate my aps correctly? I added the 20% increased attack speed to my frozen trail but I'm not seeing anyone else de-leveling their faster attack support (mine is 15/20).

https://pastebin.com/v6YHvmre

I'm using a 17/20 faster attacks support to not go over 15 aps. You can download localidentity's PoB fork that has added features such as the attack speed buff.

I ended up using similar Circle of Anguish but only after dropping poachers mark(switched to frenzy charge on hit/blind chest, these are super cheap, got mine for 10c but it took almost 3k fusings to link) so I could get assassins mark. This combo was a huge dps increase at the cost of some life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info