[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Mighty_fist wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
I think I am gonna start with this build!!

I have a quick question - why do you have Deathmark on you while in the guide you said to use Meat shield? Which one is better?

And is it ok that you put meat shield and feeding frenzy together as the bots are becoming both offensive and defensive then?

Meat Shield is used in your golem + spectres setup and deathmark in your herald of Purity setup.

Thanks that is what I thought. But it is not reflected in the text you wrote. Could you please double check if there are more of those small mistakes? Because sometimes when I follow a build description I assume EVERYTHING is super correct and I do not question stuff I just hope the person knows what he is doing:) because he plays much better than me:)

And another question - any changes in 3.9? Maybe for specters and such? Maybe different gems or something else needs to be changed?

Yesh some tiny nerf like the reduced numbers of feeding frenzy and minion damage support. Some passive changes minion speed but that will not really affect the build. I guess impale support might a decent option. The spectre amount for this build got reduced from 3 to 2 what does not really matter.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
[/quote]
Yesh some tiny nerf like the reduced numbers of feeding frenzy and minion damage support. Some passive changes minion speed but that will not really affect the build. I guess impale support might a decent option. The spectre amount for this build got reduced from 3 to 2 what does not really matter.[/quote]

Impale support where? Instead of which gem?
tried to respond on your video, but ill do it here too.
Since you dont get blade vortex before you reach library in act 3, any other skill you suggest?
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Virevly wrote:

While cycloning normal mobs die fast with vortex and sentinels and phantasm pop up quickly. I just like the constant moving from cyclone wth benefits like no slow etc. I have no mana problems with cyclone, it just costs me 3 mana so i can spin on and on ;-) Only thing i didn't figure out is that i die sometimes ( higher maps )instantly from hits while i have almost 6K life . Maybe have to ditch flame dash for swirling/fortify combo but not sure.

I think you might die because you don't spawn Sentinels because your damage cyclone is too low. The reason I did not go for cyclone in the first place is that the damage of the cold iron point daggers is very low and in higher tier maps it is hard to kill the trash fast enough. This problem you don't have with a spell like BV which profits massivly from the +6 to physical skill gems.

As said normal mobs die very quickly so i get all minions almost instant in the beginning of a map. When i die i always here a exploding sound that sounds like offering triggering so maybe it's reflected damage ? Not sure because i don't think it can be reflected ?
Last edited by Virevly on Dec 12, 2019, 11:03:17 AM
"
Omegamyr wrote:
Since we are pretty open on flasks with this build currently, what do you think about using one or two of "The Writhing Jar" to get your Sentinels up and running?

That way you could drop blade vortex and use something like a 4L Cyclone-Fortify-Blind-Onslaught for utility.

I don't know if those flasks become available fast/early in a new league but i'll try this out on standard, i'll let you know :-)
"
snatcher81 wrote:
tried to respond on your video, but ill do it here too.
Since you dont get blade vortex before you reach library in act 3, any other skill you suggest?

Sorry for that I am bit busy atm with all the guides, making new video, anwering all questions, real life,...

It does not matter too much you can use your favorite spell like orb of storm, storm brand, etc. Or if you prefer you also can use an attack skill for the first few levels. You just need to get Herald of Purity and kill some mobs to spawn sentinel.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Yeah, was thinking orb of storm and respec a few points later when i get blade storm,
Looking forward to trying this, Ty for reply
"
Virevly wrote:
"
Omegamyr wrote:
Since we are pretty open on flasks with this build currently, what do you think about using one or two of "The Writhing Jar" to get your Sentinels up and running?

That way you could drop blade vortex and use something like a 4L Cyclone-Fortify-Blind-Onslaught for utility.

I don't know if those flasks become available fast/early in a new league but i'll try this out on standard, i'll let you know :-)

OK Writing Jar isn't doing any good but i found the blind / fortify combo way better for my chara. Bought these cheap gloves and OMG this is a life changer. Lost a curse for the moment but made up lots survivability, respected whispers of doom and put these in the circle of life wheel. Gained 600 life and suddenly i don't die as much :-) just run couple of tier 15 maps ( respected no regen and phys. reflect ones ) and it runs more smoothly with ( till now )no suddens deaths. Now find i have to find me some curse/ blind combo gloves :-)
Spoiler
Last edited by Virevly on Dec 12, 2019, 12:21:28 PM
"
Mighty_fist wrote:
And also a quick question about the gems which SHOULD NOT be maxed out in levelling. Should the levels be EXACTLY as yours in the gear? What will be the difference? Arcane surge EXACTLY 9 or more or less also fine? ANd the same for CWDT links?

I would keep the cwdt setup a bit lower while leveling and also arcane surge. You want to always proc arcane surge when you cast Blade Vortex.
Hello !

i gave a try to this build that sound nice !
In normal, i could defeat shaper with gems level 15, it's pretty awesome !
can't wait to try this out in the next league :)

Thank's for this build !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info