[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Virevly wrote:

While cycloning normal mobs die fast with vortex and sentinels and phantasm pop up quickly. I just like the constant moving from cyclone wth benefits like no slow etc. I have no mana problems with cyclone, it just costs me 3 mana so i can spin on and on ;-) Only thing i didn't figure out is that i die sometimes ( higher maps )instantly from hits while i have almost 6K life . Maybe have to ditch flame dash for swirling/fortify combo but not sure.

I think you might die because you don't spawn Sentinels because your damage cyclone is too low. The reason I did not go for cyclone in the first place is that the damage of the cold iron point daggers is very low and in higher tier maps it is hard to kill the trash fast enough. This problem you don't have with a spell like BV which profits massivly from the +6 to physical skill gems.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
I think I am gonna start with this build!!

I have a quick question - why do you have Deathmark on you while in the guide you said to use Meat shield? Which one is better?

And is it ok that you put meat shield and feeding frenzy together as the bots are becoming both offensive and defensive then?
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

I have a quick question - why do you have Deathmark on you while in the guide you said to use Meat shield? Which one is better?

And is it ok that you put meat shield and feeding frenzy together as the bots are becoming both offensive and defensive then?

Meat shield should only be on your Golems, not on HoP, if I'm not completely mistaken.
how do we obtain the Circle of guilt rings? Never seen those before
"
zrenda94 wrote:
how do we obtain the Circle of guilt rings? Never seen those before

They come from synthesized Maps, which you can get from Zana. Will be quite hard for league start, but as Bashtart mentioned, the build is fine without them. Just farm with a 5L until they become available or use the Coming Calamity
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

Meat Shield is used in your golem + spectres setup and deathmark in your herald of Purity setup.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Bashtart I wanted to thank you for this build the best way I can think of, with a quick story on what it did for me.

I started this game in Breach league, I was full newb and struggled but played spin to win champ and did ok even getting him to 90 albeit slowly and with very little progress on the Atlas. Subsequent leagues I did slightly better each time but till now the best I'd ever done was a single T14.

I stopped playing for several leagues and then Exilecon happened. I watched and it exited my interest in the game again. Just a few weeks away from the end of Blight but I figured what the hell, I'd find a build that looked cool and just have some fun. Templar is my favorite class so looking through the forum I come across your build and figure I'd try it out, it looks fun and I had zero idea what Herald of Purity even was LOL.

Here we are just a few days away from 3.9 but during those few short weeks since I returned to the game with your build I've come to within three (THREE!) maps from full Atlas completion! I was able to not only do T15 maps for the first time but I also got all four guardians down and tomorrow I will take my first shot at Shaper! It's also the first character I've ever gotten above 90 (albeit only 91 LOL).

I've played builds that I absolutely loved but that just didn't have what it takes to go the distance with me at the helm. I've played builds that were more than capable of going all the way but that in the end were just not enjoyable enough to hold my interest.

This build did it all. I had a lot of fun leveling. I had a lot of fun progressing well beyond anything I had done before. It was awesome to play.

Thanks for this great build!
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

Meat Shield is used in your golem + spectres setup and deathmark in your herald of Purity setup.

Thanks that is what I thought. But it is not reflected in the text you wrote. Could you please double check if there are more of those small mistakes? Because sometimes when I follow a build description I assume EVERYTHING is super correct and I do not question stuff I just hope the person knows what he is doing:) because he plays much better than me:)

And another question - any changes in 3.9? Maybe for specters and such? Maybe different gems or something else needs to be changed?
And also a quick question about the gems which SHOULD NOT be maxed out in levelling. Should the levels be EXACTLY as yours in the gear? What will be the difference? Arcane surge EXACTLY 9 or more or less also fine? ANd the same for CWDT links?
Since we are pretty open on flasks with this build currently, what do you think about using one or two of "The Writhing Jar" to get your Sentinels up and running?

That way you could drop blade vortex and use something like a 4L Cyclone-Fortify-Blind-Onslaught for utility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info