[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Sorry if this is already explained, but how are you supposed to limit the refreshing of sentinels? Do you stop cycloning sometimes? Do you cap your attack speed at x hits per second? I really don't understand how cyclone isn't instantly refreshing Sentinels on uniques, because of how often it hits... am I missing something?

Also, wouldn't the maligaro lens' consequentially make our minions tankier with the healing? Sounds problematic if a sentinel about to explode gets healed, then gets refreshed...
yea, what about it
if you take the fortress covenant cobalt jewel you can increase the damage taken by minions , that will help them die faster. also anomalous infernal legion. the healing goes to you , not the minions.

also get replica earandel sceptre, when i was able to get 4 nodes a total of 80% increased damage recvd by minions i switched to montgreul grasp for a good damage increase. also an elegant hubris can increase minion damage and health by 80% each.

they die and heal you for 1% of their max health. I was able to get my zombies to 70k hp so death spam gave me 700 hp a pop, did not bother with flasks, walked all over labyrinth traps, jugg unstoppable with this recovery seems the best for farming labyrinth but not that good for bossing or clear.

It is possible to skip herald of purity if you get lab enchant on helmet "zombies deal 40% increased damage". but ultimately hop is a good choice for additional damage and nice bonuses from circle of guilt rings. raging spirits is an option too perhaps with heartbound loop setup but i did not try it, a higher level will require too much damage dunno how else yet. mark of the red covenant (with zom 40%) and tavukai amulet. or just use devouring diadem for more auras and just use the zombies.

personally i had to drop ascendant to make new character just to get juggernaut unstoppable. kaoms roots prevented stun and action speed reduction but not movement speed reduction, I didnt know that and it seems juggernaut is the only way. and ascendant inquisitor was completely worthless, just 10% chance for consecrated ground and you keep moving away from it (wiki lied you dont keep its benefits while you are moving away). original duelist build of this thread is still better.

another problem is the range is basically melee and we struggled maxing defences so I got killed a lot. champion, juggernaut, guardian are better for this. and for range, I will try just to use montgreul grasp and use the zombies normally with a lioneye shield and no necro aegis.

see this build for example

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/pumbaaho/PumExecutesMaven?i=1&search=item%3DMontreguls-Grasp

having some block chance is important, and not depend on cwdt too much. by the way Resolute Technique only prevents your attacks from being evaded but they could still be dodged or blocked, not sure if that still counts as a hit to proc things.

bottom line is i loved the stampede and must use it, and unstoppable helps with that.
Last edited by VioLenceJak on Feb 8, 2021, 8:16:48 PM
"
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
VioLenceJak wrote:
also by the way while leveling the ascendant I found dominating blow + axe to be extremely clunky and makes me vulnerable to die easily. any claw weapon + cyclone + thief torment ring + holy relic on 6 link was way better smooth damage and defense. cyclone + cwc + vulnerability + fortify or poacher. apparently some builds main this setup of "reverse knockback" cyclone which pulls in enemies similar to vaal cyclone. (use a muttering essence on the claw for 20-30% minion damage.)

I completely agree about Dominating Blow. I've played a Templar that uses Dom Blow and Herald of Purity, and I've found that they tend to die a lot in the early going because they're busy running up to the monster and yelling "tag you're it" and getting smacked for their efforts.

I'd be very interested to know what your six-link was for Holy Relic.
If anyone has alternate leveling strats/skills feel free to share them here; I agree Dom Blow is definitely less than perfect. What I would say is whatever skill is used, it should be viable with a similar skill tree to our final tree; it's less than ideal to do a full tree respec going in to the final MI build :)

the holy relic not sure if dependale late build it just lags behind then dies, perhaps a cwdt + holy + convocation + elemental army (with a way to add fire damage to it) or meat shield just to get its heals, maybe the feeding frenzy made it aggressive and thats why it strays away. peraahaps another cwdt + chaos golem (for phys red) + feeding frenzy somewhere.

another alternative leveling im using now is 6 link tabula rasa with summon raging spirits, cyclone , cwc, melee phys, min dmg, fortify. and skitter bots + infernal legion + minion damage. zoms or stone golem + feeding frenzy. but only use srs if you cant get holy relic yet because holy relic is way better and higher base damage than srs.
Last edited by VioLenceJak on Feb 8, 2021, 8:40:05 PM
"
"
Gruentod wrote:
I figure to go for an armour/energy shield torso for the six-link, since that should make it a little easier to get 5B1G. Not as sturdy as an armour chest, perhaps, but better than a Tabula Rasa... ;) :p
Just an idea: do a search for Astral Plate, 6-linked, with at least 2 white sockets. You should find a million of them with all either blue or white sockets, and they are quite reasonable. On top of that you get decent armor and bonus resistances! It's what I'm using now and will be until I save up for a Cracean's.

"
Ideal helmets were running 45 chaos and up, so I still have some farming to do... but I'm tempted to get started with this as is.
You can get away with maybe only minion life or minion damage instead of both on the helm, but you will be heavily affected on boss fights. Just a fair warning: by the time you get to red maps you really should have both on your helmet, and a lvl 20 (or 21 even better) HoP, or said fights will really drag out.

I picked up this bad boy for something like 20c:

I know ignite isn't a big feature of this build, but I was just too tempted.

I got this torso for 40:

I colored the sockets myself, which burnt about 170 chroms.

I like your idea, though, and the quick peek I took following your directions was very surprising and informative. Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely going to use that next time I'm in the market for a torso!
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Voidurai wrote:
Sorry if this is already explained, but how are you supposed to limit the refreshing of sentinels? Do you stop cycloning sometimes? Do you cap your attack speed at x hits per second? I really don't understand how cyclone isn't instantly refreshing Sentinels on uniques, because of how often it hits... am I missing something?

Also, wouldn't the maligaro lens' consequentially make our minions tankier with the healing? Sounds problematic if a sentinel about to explode gets healed, then gets refreshed...
Good question! You are right, some sentinel refreshing will happen. I do not recommend cancelling cyclone; as long as you aren't over around 10 attacks/sec, you will rarely over-cap. If you want though, as has been mentioned, fortress covenant is a good solution to quicken death time.

You are also right in that the lens makes minion deaths heal other nearby minions, but this effect is quite minor compared with how much faster they tick down because of the -fire resistance it gives, so it's a must-have to not overcap both zombies and sentinels. Plus, the heal is amazing regen for us, especially while bossing!
"
VioLenceJak wrote:
also get replica earandel sceptre, when i was able to get 4 nodes a total of 80% increased damage recvd by minions i switched to montgreul grasp for a good damage increase. also an elegant hubris can increase minion damage and health by 80% each.
I would think long and hard about giving up the life gain on hit from a claw; on more difficult mapping that regen is so good it's insane. I am curious about the elegant hubris %'s though; I experimented some last league and wasn't able to get anywhere near 80/80.
"
"
VioLenceJak wrote:
I would think long and hard about giving up the life gain on hit from a claw; on more difficult mapping that regen is so good it's insane. I am curious about the elegant hubris %'s though; I experimented some last league and wasn't able to get anywhere near 80/80.

well the heal from the zombies was enough for me, i was able to tank labyrinth traps, what really killed me was needing to be close while the boss nukes me. having to put siegebreaker belt to help with aoe took a lot of potential stats away (stygian vise belt with armour and ghastly jewel) a lot of investment needed to max armour , element and chaos res, might as well just go juggernaut since he is a lot better at that. the guardian build i linked managed to get 90% damage reduction while also having damage increase auras for his minions. but it doesnt have unstoppable. and that block layer and the normal usage of zombies layer (with montgruel grasp enemies explode for 20% of their life). and if i use them noramly i can dedicate cyclone + fortify). I could also use a triad grip for cold and or lightning conversion. well will see how it goes.
Last edited by VioLenceJak on Feb 9, 2021, 2:54:55 AM
"
"
Baleric wrote:
So i've tried replicating your POB best i could and this is what i ended up with
https://pastebin.com/4vhA6Cfn
it's extremely tanky and i love it but damage is beyond terrible
any tips on how to improve damage and not sacrifice the amazing state of survivability the character has?

Hey! Glad you are liking the build from a survivability stand point at least :) . So, first off this build is not on the level of the super meta builds in terms of raw damage potential, intentionally so as we heavily invest in survivability. That being said....and I feel bad especially seeing that multimod craft, but your claw is actively destroying your damage. Specifically, you have added fire damage to attacks, which is making EE give your target +25% fire resistance instead of -50%. Getting rid of that fire damage to attacks by itself (and still having either cold or lightning damage added to attacks) will essentially double your damage.

You have other things you could do like get a helmet with +30% elemental damage, and better jewels, but nothing will make as dramatic a difference as getting the fire damage off your claw. If there is interest, I can make a high damage version of the PoB that will sacrifice some life/armor/max resistance for a dual cluster setup which will probably double the damage again, but I feel in general like the build as it is now is a good balance between damage and survivability.

so after removing the fire damage on the claw it was like night and day
but currently my main problem is that i'm taking intense damage as if there is no defense, i'm talking about like 1 hit kills
specifically from uber atziri, uber elder fight was a bit of a torture as well, and well the most difficult so far besides uber atziri was the maven uncharted releam fights

anything you think i should do to improve defense/offense?

current POB: https://pastebin.com/m8jTwEVV
"
Baleric wrote:
so after removing the fire damage on the claw it was like night and day
but currently my main problem is that i'm taking intense damage as if there is no defense, i'm talking about like 1 hit kills
specifically from uber atziri, uber elder fight was a bit of a torture as well, and well the most difficult so far besides uber atziri was the maven uncharted releam fights

anything you think i should do to improve defense/offense?

current POB: https://pastebin.com/m8jTwEVV
You look like you are on track overall; my first suggestion is that you can get a couple extra max % reduction in your elemental resistances by running a 2nd Molten One's mark, and getting the lvl 21 purities and using the corrupted +2 to aura shield. That will get you to 81/82/82 which will help a good amount.

Second, you just need more life. Last season when I was endgame I had around 6.2k health. You need to have good life rolls on all gear that can have it, as well as on your ghastly eye jewels, and you need to dedicate more nodes to life vs what you have. You can also get some really good % life on circle of guilt implicits, as well as some extra life on cluster jewels.

I would also drop the fortress covenant; you are only getting 20% increased minion damage taken, and you sacrifice not only a flat life roll on a Ghastly, but also an extra 8% in life from Devotion. If you feel like you are over-capping on minions too much, swap in Anamolous Infernal Legion and that should help.
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Feb 10, 2021, 1:28:59 AM
by the way it might be possible to use whirling blades as a movement skill if you a re using a claw and since it is an attack it can proc fortify.

advancing fortress claw has block chance and supported by fortify. but scourge seems better offensively.
Last edited by VioLenceJak on Feb 10, 2021, 2:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info