[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Baleric wrote:
So i've tried replicating your POB best i could and this is what i ended up with
https://pastebin.com/4vhA6Cfn
it's extremely tanky and i love it but damage is beyond terrible
any tips on how to improve damage and not sacrifice the amazing state of survivability the character has?

Hey! Glad you are liking the build from a survivability stand point at least :) . So, first off this build is not on the level of the super meta builds in terms of raw damage potential, intentionally so as we heavily invest in survivability. That being said....and I feel bad especially seeing that multimod craft, but your claw is actively destroying your damage. Specifically, you have added fire damage to attacks, which is making EE give your target +25% fire resistance instead of -50%. Getting rid of that fire damage to attacks by itself (and still having either cold or lightning damage added to attacks) will essentially double your damage.

You have other things you could do like get a helmet with +30% elemental damage, and better jewels, but nothing will make as dramatic a difference as getting the fire damage off your claw. If there is interest, I can make a high damage version of the PoB that will sacrifice some life/armor/max resistance for a dual cluster setup which will probably double the damage again, but I feel in general like the build as it is now is a good balance between damage and survivability.
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Feb 5, 2021, 7:54:42 PM
Great built. I love it.
I am currently level 96 and was able to kill everything.
Damage is great, Defense is great.
I haven't swap to Aul amulet yet and still works great. Standing at 80Chaos res atm.
My current build in ritual (helm is sick): https://pastebin.com/iSUg3TXX

Thanks!

Last edited by vaduvao on Feb 7, 2021, 3:58:56 AM
Is it possible to make animated guardian champion mhmm?
https://pastebin.com/k36R7fCC

I know I can get a better helm and belt to free up my jewel socket rounding off my res and I have yet to get the catalysts for the 3rd aura. Did I make a huge mistake some where? Little concerned seance A5 Drox was able to oneshot me.
I did a very poor man's version of this build in the interval between the Three Week Mayhem event and the beginning of Ritual League, using a free respec on an older character and some hoarded gear from prior leagues. No Circles of Guilt, Stampede or any other unique except for the obligatory Maligaro's Lens, and of course a Tabula Rasa for the CWC Zombie 6-link. I added Desecrate to his gems, with an eye to making corpses to Cyclone through.

It worked pretty darn well, I thought, though I wasn't doing high level maps with him. Monster level 82 Delve zones were definitely a bit tense, but doable. Died a couple of times, but I put that down to not being the fully geared, fully gemmed version of the build. ABY_Nermal is the character in question, if you wanted to take a peek. But even with all that, I found the pause for Desecrate then resume spinning thing quite easy, and not as herky-jerky as I might have expected.

One of the many things I like about this build, is that it uses the exact same ascendancy tree as the Wartector (or Protchief?) build I tend to use so much of the time... which is great, because ascendancy passives are expensive to respec.

I've been farming chaos to buy the items I need, and I'm hoarding regrets like they were exalts.

What I've picked up so far:

The talisman I found, not bought, and I have to say it's tempting to use it if/when I finally respec into the tree for this build. In addition to the bumps in defenses, life and resists, Arcane Swiftness adds a handful of defensive extras for holding a shield. However, it occurs to me those may not work if Necromantic Aegis makes it so you're considered not to be using a shield.

I figure to go for an armour/energy shield torso for the six-link, since that should make it a little easier to get 5B1G. Not as sturdy as an armour chest, perhaps, but better than a Tabula Rasa... ;) :p

Ideal helmets were running 45 chaos and up, so I still have some farming to do... but I'm tempted to get started with this as is.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
VioLenceJak wrote:
also by the way while leveling the ascendant I found dominating blow + axe to be extremely clunky and makes me vulnerable to die easily. any claw weapon + cyclone + thief torment ring + holy relic on 6 link was way better smooth damage and defense. cyclone + cwc + vulnerability + fortify or poacher. apparently some builds main this setup of "reverse knockback" cyclone which pulls in enemies similar to vaal cyclone. (use a muttering essence on the claw for 20-30% minion damage.)

I completely agree about Dominating Blow. I've played a Templar that uses Dom Blow and Herald of Purity, and I've found that they tend to die a lot in the early going because they're busy running up to the monster and yelling "tag you're it" and getting smacked for their efforts.

I'd be very interested to know what your six-link was for Holy Relic.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
It is! Pg 26 had this question; I copied my response below.

I've been working for a while on getting a feasible AG setup. I've settled on running Dying Breath for the damage buff, and a -9% fire resistance helmet, which equal out to a respectable 15-20% extra damage all told. The problem is, we intentionally reduce the resistances of all our minions to detonate them faster via Maligaro's Lense, so an AG has been pretty squishy in the past. Then I realized, just like with our own characters, I can just get gear with lots of resists to cap ele/chaos resist even with lense! Turns out it's easily doable. Here's the math:

Baseline gear:
Dying Breath
Ambu's Charge (or Gruthkul's Pelt if you are rich)
-9% enemy Fire resist helmet
Rare Gloves
Rare Boots (at least 25% movespeed preferred)

Baseline, your AG will have -10% Fire, 45% Cold, 45% Lightning, 20% Chaos resistance. Ambu's Charge will add 15% to all elemental resists, while Gruthkul will give you somewhere around 30% cold resists. From here you simply buy a helmet, gloves and boots with as much resists as you can find. I've been able to cap both elemental and chaos resists quite easily. Doing this, your AG is pretty insanely tanky; pretty sure he's around in some of my boss kill videos and you can see how well he survives. We stack tons of minion health so he's pretty beefy :D
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/k36R7fCC

I know I can get a better helm and belt to free up my jewel socket rounding off my res and I have yet to get the catalysts for the 3rd aura. Did I make a huge mistake some where? Little concerned seance A5 Drox was able to oneshot me.
Hmm not seeing anything terribly wrong; did you actually have determination enabled? I ask because it's easy to forget with it reserving no mana. Your health is a bit on the low side for endgame; I'd recommend getting as close to 6k as possible, but that's about all I can see. Drox is usually the easiest of the conquerors for us because of our insane physical damage reduction; I just stand in the middle and soak everything unless I need to kill banners
"
Gruentod wrote:
I figure to go for an armour/energy shield torso for the six-link, since that should make it a little easier to get 5B1G. Not as sturdy as an armour chest, perhaps, but better than a Tabula Rasa... ;) :p
Just an idea: do a search for Astral Plate, 6-linked, with at least 2 white sockets. You should find a million of them with all either blue or white sockets, and they are quite reasonable. On top of that you get decent armor and bonus resistances! It's what I'm using now and will be until I save up for a Cracean's.

"
Ideal helmets were running 45 chaos and up, so I still have some farming to do... but I'm tempted to get started with this as is.
You can get away with maybe only minion life or minion damage instead of both on the helm, but you will be heavily affected on boss fights. Just a fair warning: by the time you get to red maps you really should have both on your helmet, and a lvl 20 (or 21 even better) HoP, or said fights will really drag out.
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
VioLenceJak wrote:
also by the way while leveling the ascendant I found dominating blow + axe to be extremely clunky and makes me vulnerable to die easily. any claw weapon + cyclone + thief torment ring + holy relic on 6 link was way better smooth damage and defense. cyclone + cwc + vulnerability + fortify or poacher. apparently some builds main this setup of "reverse knockback" cyclone which pulls in enemies similar to vaal cyclone. (use a muttering essence on the claw for 20-30% minion damage.)

I completely agree about Dominating Blow. I've played a Templar that uses Dom Blow and Herald of Purity, and I've found that they tend to die a lot in the early going because they're busy running up to the monster and yelling "tag you're it" and getting smacked for their efforts.

I'd be very interested to know what your six-link was for Holy Relic.
If anyone has alternate leveling strats/skills feel free to share them here; I agree Dom Blow is definitely less than perfect. What I would say is whatever skill is used, it should be viable with a similar skill tree to our final tree; it's less than ideal to do a full tree respec going in to the final MI build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info