[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

One note for people reading this. I got a Skin of the Loyal with 2g and 1b, and saw some people using Feeding Frenzy. Popped it in PoB and it looked fine, so I went with it for a while. I guess I didn't realize what that 'aggressive" thing on Feeding Frenzy meant, but what kept happening is the crawler would often stay back and shoot at single targets on the sides or way behind me. I just figured that was normal behavior, and i would use convocation to pop him back to me. Well, i tried removing feeding frenzy, and what a difference. He stays by my side and focuses much better on tough rares right in front of me that i'm targeting. So a word of caution to anybody going that route.
You do know corrupted gear can change socket with equivalent vaal orbs to jew/fus/chrome from the start since Vorici betrayed?

Is Time of Need really necessary than 20% spell block and stun immunity?

Why do no one allocate Grave Intention for Unholy Might's 30% phys as chaos?
"
Arthur606 wrote:
You do know corrupted gear can change socket with equivalent vaal orbs to jew/fus/chrome from the start since Vorici betrayed?

I removed bastion of hope and replaced it with unwavering crusade, still have max block and spell block with rumi's up, and offensively it felt better IMO. Based off this I would say that bastion of hope wasnt worth it for me, vs the curse removal and life recovery every 5 seconds which has saved me in some cases like uber elder. Think its all depends on personal preference and gear.

Here is what I'm using currently and I'm at 20,260 ES, 58/60 block/spell block (75/75) with rumi's and 704k shaper dps if I use hatred and thats with an empower 3 not 4. I've dropped discipline completely because I actually come out with more ES with the mana hatred reserves and dont hav eto spec into any of the reduced reservation trees.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

I removed bastion of hope and replaced it with unwavering crusade, still have max block and spell block with rumi's up, and offensively it felt better IMO. Based off this I would say that bastion of hope wasnt worth it for me, vs the curse removal and life recovery every 5 seconds which has saved me in some cases like uber elder. Think its all depends on personal preference and gear.

Here is what I'm using currently and I'm at 20,260 ES, 58/60 block/spell block (75/75) with rumi's and 704k shaper dps if I use hatred and thats with an empower 3 not 4. I've dropped discipline completely because I actually come out with more ES with the mana hatred reserves and dont hav eto spec into any of the reduced reservation trees.

In fact now it seems to me blue nightmare or simply nothing instead of lethal pride is better because block chance is so high nonetheless and spell block is not valued anyway
"
Arthur606 wrote:

I don't think Vorici works for Skin of Loyal as socket color is fixed. And doing it for say, Shaper's Touch can easily cost you more money than buying right color outright.

Stun immunity you kind of get from Brine King. 20% spell block is super strong yes.

On the other hand, that extra 6000+ energy shield every 5 seconds, removes all of your elemental ailment, plus curse reduction is really strong. It is personal preference. There are fights where it is not easy to block stuff, so our sustain kind of relies on Time of Need in these situations.

Personal choice really.
"
hitmantb wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

I don't think Vorici works for Skin of Loyal as socket color is fixed. And doing it for say, Shaper's Touch can easily cost you more money than buying right color outright.

Stun immunity you kind of get from Brine King. 20% spell block is super strong yes.

On the other hand, that extra 6000+ energy shield every 5 seconds, removes all of your elemental ailment, plus curse reduction is really strong. It is personal preference. There are fights where it is not easy to block stuff, so our sustain kind of relies on Time of Need in these situations.

Personal choice really.

I am talking about your Shaper's and Precision. The right corruption vs the right color,..

For my experience, stun, curse, freeze and shock is a matter of all time immunity or oneshot death. Probably because I never played a 5 digit char yet. Clearing doesn't have a time of need as all the time is in need. It suits single boss maybe but the best defense for that is necro swarm

Yet the more important question is why no one cares about Unholy Might? I also bought +1 loyal 4 red 2 green for 3ex like a robbery, and POB tells me Added Fire gives 37% damage, more against normal mobs without resist. These both seem good in case of 40% phys reduction mod
"
Arthur606 wrote:
"
hitmantb wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

Personal choice really.

I am talking about your Shaper's and Precision. The right corruption vs the right color,..

For my experience, stun, curse, freeze and shock is a matter of all time immunity or oneshot death. Probably because I never played a 5 digit char yet. Clearing doesn't have a time of need as all the time is in need. It suits single boss maybe but the best defense for that is necro swarm

Yet the more important question is why no one cares about Unholy Might? I also bought +1 loyal 4 red 2 green for 3ex like a robbery, and POB tells me Added Fire gives 37% damage, more against normal mobs without resist. These both seem good in case of 40% phys reduction mod

My luck is pretty bad with everything that involves crafting in general. I know I will spend 5 vaal orbs many times to get two green and a couple of more levels of precision is all it will get me, so not really in the mood to mess around :)

Brine King honestly do a really good job against stuns and chills. Nothing will really protect us against freeze but we can't be chain freezed thanks to his pantheon, and we can not be freezed more than 5 seconds. This build is extremely tanky so even getting stunned/frozen in the middle of everything is not an issue.

A lot of builds will brag about their EHP, for example people take 30% dodge and call themselves 10000 EHP. What they forgot to mention is from 95-100 all it takes is one bad RNG and you lose hours of work. This build has no maybe's or what if's. Extreme defense against physical damage and cold damage, immunity to chaos damage, and you put a 10K molten shell on top of it, plus your max block, near max spell block (when you flask) that also keep you healed! And yes, I have seen many variations of mana guardians, they always take Time in Need because in the rare rare rare situation we do get below half, we are always confident that a big heal is less than 5 seconds away. It also solves one of our few weaknesses, our sustain is not great against enemies with big singular unblockable hits.

It really makes tanky builds like Occultist of the past with 15-20K energy shield, fragile in comparison. Here is a fun video to show you just how strong that defense is, notice his map mods:

https://www.twitch.tv/dirtydan79/clip/FlaccidCredulousWoodcockFunRun?filter=clips&range=30d
Last edited by hitmantb on Oct 20, 2019, 11:44:45 PM
IS UNHOLY MIGHT NOT GOOD FOR AGONY? HOW ABOUT ADDED FIRE SUPPORT FOR COMPROMISED +1 LOYAL?

Also, you forgot to mention block and spell block is conditional with Rumi. 82% both block Gladiator can't consider themselves non RNG defense
"
Arthur606 wrote:
IS UNHOLY MIGHT NOT GOOD FOR AGONY? HOW ABOUT ADDED FIRE SUPPORT FOR COMPROMISED +1 LOYAL?

Also, you forgot to mention block and spell block is conditional with Rumi. 82% both block Gladiator can't consider themselves non RNG defense

Sorry how do I get unholy might for this build?

This build has 74% / 42% without Rumi. 75% / 62% with, although it does rely on lethal pride so we take half damage.

But we also have double/triple energy shield than gladiator life, double /triple the armor and molten shell size, immunity to chaos damage, etc.

And more importantly, we don't really waste many points. I always felt gladiator ascendancy has too many points for physical damage and bleed, which is wasted in a Herald of Agony build.

For a deep Aul killer I would prefer Raider over Gladiator, but I may as well go Scourge Arrow then.
Last edited by hitmantb on Oct 21, 2019, 10:47:39 AM
I decided to embrace the minion aspects of this league and add spectres, animate guardian, golems, skitterbots, and zombies:

Spectres - Carnage Chieftain and Host Chieftain for frenzy and power charges. With the changes to spectre we can actually run two of each for consistent charges.
Animate Guardian - using Garb of the Ephemeral Savant's Robe to protect against freeze, Kingmaker for culling and fortify, Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves for larger clear (and satisfying pops), and a helmet with "nearby enemies take 9% increased physical damage".
golems - Stone for regen and Carrion for more physical damage.
Skitterbots - shock and chill
Zombies - Nothing great about the zombies just meat shields

I anointed "Sacrific" for the minion regen and my regen. Since I have like 10ex in my AG I need to keep him alive.

Finally I went with temp chains in my glove to match my AG which slows down everything trying to get past my zombies.

Overall I'm at 3.5mil shaper damage with just Agony crawler and over 4mil with minions. 19k ES, 53k armour, and ES regen of 2138.

I'm loving this build with the minions as it really helps speed up the clear and helps with blight proximity shields. Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/1im8TzsL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info