[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
DeadEnd99 wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something?
Yes, you're missing life. Most CI builds require at least some investment into life while leveling, and then a transition when certain things are in place.
"
DeadEnd99 wrote:
Any leveling tips for this build? All I've heard if that HOAG builds pretty much destroy leveling content but I'm honestly struggling a bit. Usually a four-link setup with about any minion build makes getting to maps (and even starting maps) pretty trivial, and granted I have zero real gear at all, but I'm really having a time just getting through the acts right now. I feel like I'm missing something?

Just finished levelling. I used ball lightning with slower projectiles for most of it in terms of poison generation, enough for close enough to 40 stacks single target and with my juiced up HOAG in skin of loyal it was crazy dmg and clear. Honestly my main advice would be wait till you buy your skin of the loyal and level with that since I hope you aren't league starting with this build. Same applies to the 4 link though, just run like hoag-pierce-full life dmg-minion damage or something and then ball lightning-poison-lesser poison-slower proj in another link.

The main issue you'll have is survival more so than damage since this build is awkward until you have enough ES. Once you get first ascend you can work in enough ES to function as a hybrid build. Before HOAG i used molten strike and it was pretty shitty lmao but its only like first 2 acts not a big deal.
Did a section go missing regarding the cyclone set up in the guide? I'm running the gems but just curious on any other changes. Atm i'm running hoag-clarity-discipline as my auras with almost all my mana reserved. Curious how you best utilize it for single target, seems to struggle keeping stacks up as well as BL but i still need to fix up spectres and gem levels.

I haven't actually played a spectres build before, is spirit offering meant to be the means to keep them alive or do I just need a few more ranks on the gem for them to live anything. I guess i'm a little confused on the playstyle with cyclone, tbh i love BL anyway so hopefully i can switch soon but would still be good to know! Love the build all-round still.
I had struggle with the Act 7 minion big buff monkeyS
so i tested and i really like the tanky Heretical Ward with his bubble and fortify.

sry my english is horroble
Just wondering, how do you keep minions at full HP? Since there are no regen nodes allocated on the tree, is convocation enough to keep them healthy?
"
lorddotorius wrote:
Just wondering, how do you keep minions at full HP? Since there are no regen nodes allocated on the tree, is convocation enough to keep them healthy?
Herald minions are invulnerable.
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Dec 16, 2019, 1:34:08 PM
Yeah I definitely need to fix my hear and get some more life until I make the CI switch! That's fair. But I feel like the damage just isn't quite there yet, and I'm usually capping stacks in most fights. Boss fights are the worst, though just clearing through story progression feels a little rough -- not awful by any means, but it's definitely not as 'trivial' as other minion or strong 'meta' builds.

This is NOT a knock on the build, this is me thinking I'm not doing something right.
Last edited by DeadEnd99 on Dec 16, 2019, 2:30:35 PM
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
lorddotorius wrote:

No no I meant the additional minions, like the animated guardian (or carrion golemn if you use it) as well as the Spectres themselves
"
DeadEnd99 wrote:
Yeah I definitely need to fix my hear and get some more life until I make the CI switch! That's fair. But I feel like the damage just isn't quite there yet, and I'm usually capping stacks in most fights. Boss fights are the worst, though just clearing through story progression feels a little rough -- not awful by any means, but it's definitely not as 'trivial' as other minion or strong 'meta' builds.

This is NOT a knock on the build, this is me thinking I'm not doing something right.

This league bosses were all buffed big time, like 400% life, more armor and resist.

I suggest take your character from last league and run the same content it had access to in standard just once to feel the difference. Just do one shaper or the highest map tier you completed.

So the game is harder for every build. You are playing a meta build already (Herald of Agony is the most popular skill for Guardian), but not a meta class (Guardian along with Juggernaut are considered late bloomers, they are near bottom in popularity first week of the league).
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 16, 2019, 5:42:17 PM
"
lorddotorius wrote:
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
lorddotorius wrote:

No no I meant the additional minions, like the animated guardian (or carrion golemn if you use it) as well as the Spectres themselves

When you block you heal your minions, also convocation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info