[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Yeah, the POB appears to list the low life build under "end game CI". I went for the Prism Guardian/Heretic's veil option, so I just followed it, and checked the profiles of players in this thread.

I also went Enfeeble-Temp Chains-Enlighten-Tempest Shield in helm because I had no idea where else to stick the shield.

In other news, I got an Awakened melee phys from Awakening 5 Sirus and sold it for ~8 ex.

Bear in mind I pretty much only played Metamorph, following a very strict phys skeletons guide, so I've almost no experience gearing endgame builds.

I then took my hard-earned (i.e. random drop) cash, and spent 2 days trying to buy "endgame" items.

I botched up immediately, by buying ~2 ex gloves that didn't actually have the stats I needed, so I had to spend almost all remaining exalts on patching up the various weaknesses this left me with.

I then put all my newly-bought items on, only to find out I miscalculated, and still needed 2 dex and 3 str to equip all items.

So then I had to refund Arcane expanse and take 30 Dex and 30 Str nodes just to wear my gear.

I ended up going from 310k DPS to 560k DPS on PoB (only enabling the "ignore skill hit damage" option in PoB because I've no idea what else to tick).

I'm yet to log in and actually play the geared up character because shopping for gear ended up being slightly soul-crushing.

Good times.

Story of my life. Buy something that is supposed to improve the build and then spend time compensating weaknesses. Just bought Presence of Chayula, swapped with my attribute amulet and started shuffling gear and passives to compensate for attributes lost.
Why do you need enlighten support? Its only 70% reserve for enfeeble and temp chains right? Am I missing something important?
Maybe I'm stupid or undergeared but how do you deal with bleeds? I'm dying frequently due to my energyshield depleting because of bleeds..
No idea, I'm facing the same problem. I think a jewel with "cannot be inflicted with corrupting blood" is recommended, but I don't have one yet.

Since I'm kind of bad, and kept getting one-shot by random stuff, I replaced my small cluster jewels with 2x Energy from Naught (100 flat energy shield), got to ~8400 ES and bought a Chayula annointed with Tranquility.

For some reason the annointed Chayula itself was 220 chaos, and buying two golden oils alone was at least 240 chaos??? And I re-sold my previous Chayula for 39 chaos????

The free hand of the market seems a bit drunk today.

Anyway, the Tranq annoint was ~130k DPS added, with only Ignore skill hit damage in the configuration tab on PoB.

I'm at about 950k DPS now, but the build is getting expensive. Thank the 10 ex I got from awakened gems dropping pre-Awakening 6, I guess.

I miss my skele necro ;(
I've reached the part of the build where any upgrades fall into the "stupid expensive" category. It starts to feel incredible now.

Currently sitting on 10,850 ES, Vortex is at 1 million shaper dps, and I'm close to 2 mil if Cold Snap and Vaal CS are online. Currently partway through level 95 and planning to take this to my first level 100 this league.

Anyone have any questions currently? I may have some time to answer now that I've gone down to ONLY 150% of my normal work hours due to the pandemic :(
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
I've reached the part of the build where any upgrades fall into the "stupid expensive" category. It starts to feel incredible now.

Currently sitting on 10,850 ES, Vortex is at 1 million shaper dps, and I'm close to 2 mil if Cold Snap and Vaal CS are online. Currently partway through level 95 and planning to take this to my first level 100 this league.

Anyone have any questions currently? I may have some time to answer now that I've gone down to ONLY 150% of my normal work hours due to the pandemic :(

Yea, I asked previously, I've pretty much followed your LL guide closely and I'm wondering, is the enlighten necessary? I'm sort of new to the game so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

Running
Enlighten-Blasphemy-Temporal Chains-Enfeeble
Prism Guardian-Malevolence-Discipline-Hatred
Clarity on its own (not sure if necessary)
Still plenty of mana left

Last edited by BuckCharkley on Apr 2, 2020, 6:47:28 PM
"
BuckCharkley wrote:
"

Yea, I asked previously, I've pretty much followed your LL guide closely and I'm wondering, is the enlighten necessary? I'm sort of new to the game so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

Running
Enlighten-Blasphemy-Temporal Chains-Enfeeble
Prism Guardian-Malevolence-Discipline-Hatred
Clarity on its own (not sure if necessary)
Still plenty of mana left

It's if you want to run another 25% aura or Aspect of Spider. Spider is nice dps increase + slowing mobs further, but if you want to be even more tankier, you can go something like Flesh and Stone!
"
larsahh_ wrote:

It's if you want to run another 25% aura or Aspect of Spider. Spider is nice dps increase + slowing mobs further, but if you want to be even more tankier, you can go something like Flesh and Stone!

Thanks! Running blood and sand instead of clarity, i love being more tanky.
"
ShakCentral wrote:

Hi, ive noticed that you use 2 curses for this build but however you did not take whisper of doom or malediction in the pob. Will you be updating the pob anytime soon? Thank you!
Guys, I have a question. Assuming I'm using a large cluster jewel, where can I fit Glancing blows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info