[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

When should I switch to Rime Gaze from Crown of the Inward Eye?

So long as I have tranquility on my amulet? hmmmm

anyone wanna buy this? 1ex. It's so hard to sell stuff after using oils on it.

Edit: just pm me I guess. sorry If I shouldn't post this in here.
Last edited by NLe on Apr 5, 2020, 4:10:23 PM
"
roselan wrote:
"
neo1987 wrote:
Hi Shak, LOVE this build. :)

I decided to make this my 3.10 focus and put a lot of effort into it. I think I hit a wall though on overall ES and DoT. Lots of people seem to have 10k+ ES and millions of DoT for Vortex. Any idea what I'm missing?

https://pastebin.com/TmnQfFBC

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/neo1987/characters

Your gear is excellent and your tree very decent. (you can squeeze a mark of the shaper i guess)

From there you have 2 options.

- Going crazy with double corruptions on chest and your prism guardian, and get a wand wand with "+2" (+1 level to all spell/cold/skill/int jewels). The cheapest on the market is 25ex atm, and it's pretty crap outside that. But Gem levels scale lineraly, while spell damgage or +cdot don't, making it one of the few to really scale vortex damage. (and that's one of the 2 reason I prefer CI, i can get an amulet with +2 and a shield with +1).

- plug a cluster jewel. But that means TONS of hours spent in pob, orb or regrets and tears ;)

Thanks roselan! :)

You gave me some good ideas here - I was playing with +skills in POB and it looks like +skills are far more powerful than any other upgrade I could do. Unfortunately they're crazy expensive. Crafting might be the better bet. >_<

And maybe I can play with some clusters to optimize too.
Hello,

I had a look into this build and I’m planning to use it for endgame content and possibly for the 40/40 challenges.

How does it perform against cortex, sirus and simulacrum double boss ? I ask because my ED is being crushed everytime i fight Kosis in simulacrum or endgame boss despite mant layers of defense...

Thank you and good luck !
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Redid my tree abit, went for Sovereignty cluster to fit in 3 50% auras in Prism Guardian. Also grabbed a clarity es/dot multi male Watchers eye and crafted a new belt! SO running Hatred, Zealotry, Malevolence, Clarity, Discipline and Aspect of Spider. And on blasphemy Enfeeble+Frostbite for now to try out the combo!

Sorry, coming back for the bleeding issue. I can take off about 60% hp of Kosis in the 20th wave. but every his hit or the black balls cause me to sort of bleed and then i died. should i just stand near him instead of running away? any strategy please
Do you have a corrupted jewel with « corrupted blood cannot be inflincted on you » ?
It helps a lot in simulacrum.
Great build.

Trivialized Sirus awakener 6, awesome considering my third time playing the fight and he destroyed my bow puncture gladiator at 5.

Simulacrum deathless with Kosis at 20. First attempt I died once to 19 Kosis from a 1 shot with all flasks up. Hits hard.

Put in around 20ex. I ran Cinderswallow until I got Brush with Death jewels, then got all resists equal and run Wise Oak.

Level 93 with ES right over 10k. PoB Vortex DoT on Shaper is about 750k against chilled enemies, tooltip only 23k. Want to try to squeeze out more offense but might have to do a large overhaul.

My gear:
Spoiler

Jewels are:
Spoiler

- Energy from Within
- Intuitive Leap
- Watchers eye with malevolence bleed immunity and some es regen from discipline
- Large Cluster with Blanketed Snow (not allocated, appears between 2 jewels), Deep Chill, Widespread Destruction, 2 sockets
- Medium Cluster with Brush with Death, Vile Reinvigoration, Jewel
- Medium Cluster with Brush with Death, Exposure Therapy, Jewel
- 2 Small Clusters with Energy from Naught

Found the resist ring and gloves, crafted the belt with 1 dex essence (super pumped about that piece!), and scoured suffixes on a wand to make a decent one for 4ex. Watchers Eye was about 3ex.

Last edited by teslabear on Apr 7, 2020, 1:36:29 PM
Hello,

How much reduced mana reserved would I need to run hatred, malevolence, and discipline on the prism shield? Do you just annoint a skill for that?
"
zitodragon wrote:
Hello,

How much reduced mana reserved would I need to run hatred, malevolence, and discipline on the prism shield? Do you just annoint a skill for that?

Upper right side middle of the tree. Should be able to just grab 1 node. That is what I did.
Hi All,

Great guide and I am looking for some improvements on overall dot dmg as I seem to be low. I have 19 ex saved up and looking for suggestions.

My POB is https://pastebin.com/0gJNuJau

Thank you all for your help!
"
neo1987 wrote:
"
roselan wrote:
"
neo1987 wrote:
Hi Shak, LOVE this build. :)

I decided to make this my 3.10 focus and put a lot of effort into it. I think I hit a wall though on overall ES and DoT. Lots of people seem to have 10k+ ES and millions of DoT for Vortex. Any idea what I'm missing?

https://pastebin.com/TmnQfFBC

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/neo1987/characters

Your gear is excellent and your tree very decent. (you can squeeze a mark of the shaper i guess)

From there you have 2 options.

- Going crazy with double corruptions on chest and your prism guardian, and get a wand wand with "+2" (+1 level to all spell/cold/skill/int jewels). The cheapest on the market is 25ex atm, and it's pretty crap outside that. But Gem levels scale lineraly, while spell damgage or +cdot don't, making it one of the few to really scale vortex damage. (and that's one of the 2 reason I prefer CI, i can get an amulet with +2 and a shield with +1).

- plug a cluster jewel. But that means TONS of hours spent in pob, orb or regrets and tears ;)

Thanks roselan! :)

You gave me some good ideas here - I was playing with +skills in POB and it looks like +skills are far more powerful than any other upgrade I could do. Unfortunately they're crazy expensive. Crafting might be the better bet. >_<

And maybe I can play with some clusters to optimize too.

Ok so I went with some clusters and managed to balance a decent DPS boost while enhancing survival (vile reinvigoration + cinderswallow seems to help considerably when blasting through large delirium packs) while sacrificing only a couple hundred ES. I think it ended up a good tradeoff because now I'm destroying T16 delirium maps and not dying at all.

However I do feel like I'm doing less damage to bosses than I could be. I'm thinking the only solution there is +1 gear, but for some reason it's extremely hard to find and thus expensive. Trying to decide if learning to craft is worth it here - realistically, I might be maxed out on gear lol. :/

/edit - ok I came up with some whacky shit and I'm running 6 auras without prism haha. Now at 11k+ ES and ~500k DoT. At this point I think it's truly about +1 gear and I'm at a true wall.

Again, AWESOME build. :) This is one of the most challenging min-maxers I've ever had to tinker with.
Last edited by neo1987 on Apr 7, 2020, 4:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info