[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Can I do anything with this wand?
Hey everyone.

I've been enjoying this build so far. I'm hoping someone might be able to look at my character and suggest what I can do next. I've got to red maps and damage feels quite low now. Leveling is at a halt or very slow right now. I just kite bosses and sometimes it takes forever. Haha.

I've got 3ex and some chaos to play with.

Thanks!
Last edited by a0TheVE on Mar 1, 2022, 7:43:33 PM
Upgraded to a 6L Shav. Got 1ex left.
Recommend you check out "hadc" build.
He has probably taken this build or a variation about as far as it can go.
I would really advise going with a 6 link vortex but of course that is only my opinion.
Another good idea is to check out poe ninja builds and try to gather all the best points from them.
You probably need to free up some points and opt into cluster jewels.
Good luck.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Recommend you check out "hadc" build.
He has probably taken this build or a variation about as far as it can go.
I would really advise going with a 6 link vortex but of course that is only my opinion.
Another good idea is to check out poe ninja builds and try to gather all the best points from them.
You probably need to free up some points and opt into cluster jewels.
Good luck.

Hey, my build is nowhere near “as far as it can go”. My gear now is maybe 50-60% to the maximum potential. The last bit is really expensive 😅

I’m happy to find an effective way to get the last 2% maximum cold res through Eldritch mod on glove (+2 max at high tier) and/or +1 max cold res with synthesised boots, saves quite a few points on tree. This league has been fun toying with new ideas.
Mate, compared to the rest of us you are op.
That is why i called you an "animal", that is an endearing term BTW.

So how the hell can i do more damage? took me ages to kill Drox, i do understand that a tank by default must have low damage but i find i am so far away from what you are achieving i am a bit lost.
Keep up the good work.
"
EDMOSES wrote:

So how the hell can i do more damage? took me ages to kill Drox, i do understand that a tank by default must have low damage but i find i am so far away from what you are achieving i am a bit lost.
Keep up the good work.

I'm not as expert as hadc for sure! But going full tank seem to make it a little harder to get the damage level up. It's kind of like choosing two from the following: really tanky, high damage, moderately priced. You can't take all three. You can make the tank version do more damage by chucking exalts at it, corruptions, better gems, etc.

Ideas for your specific setup (having looked at your character in POB):

* Awakened gems in your vortex links: awakened swift affliction, elemental focus, and controlled destruction. Pretty cheap upgrades for a good boost in DPS. I'd say do this first.

* DPS enchantment your helmet. You can probably get the mana back by looking for a -90% reservation corruption. could be expensive? didn't pob this myself so check it out before spending.

* Look at the interaction between ashes of the stars amulet, very popular this league for spells, and alternate quality gems (anomalous, divergent, etc). Play with it in POB and you can instantly see which ones give you good boosts. This could almost double your DPS but will be quite expensive since some of the good alt quality gems are 7-8ex each.

* Corrupted SHAVS with +2 AOE or Duration gems. If you have lots of money then with the +1 all gems double corruption. These each give about 25% DPS boost. Cumulative with other stuff you could get 7-8mil.

I didn't see a movement skill? Flame Dash with arcane surge linked will get you some more damage too. Although I see you look low on mana so that might need looking at to make it work.

That's my ideas, I'm sure somebody better will be along with more, or correct me!
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 2, 2022, 6:28:08 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:

Keep up the good work.

I'm not as expert as hadc for sure! But going full tank seem to make it a little harder to get the damage level up. It's kind of like choosing two from the following: really tanky, high damage, moderately priced. You can't take all three. You can make the tank version do more damage by chucking exalts at it, corruptions, better gems, etc.

Ideas for your specific setup (having looked at your character in POB):

* Awakened gems in your vortex links: awakened swift affliction, elemental focus, and controlled destruction. Pretty cheap upgrades for a good boost in DPS. I'd say do this first.

* DPS enchantment your helmet. You can probably get the mana back by looking for a -90% reservation corruption. could be expensive? didn't pob this myself so check it out before spending.

* Look at the interaction between ashes of the stars amulet, very popular this league for spells, and alternate quality gems (anomalous, divergent, etc). Play with it in POB and you can instantly see which ones give you good boosts. This could almost double your DPS but will be quite expensive since some of the good alt quality gems are 7-8ex each.

* Corrupted SHAVS with +2 AOE or Duration gems. If you have lots of money then with the +1 all gems double corruption. These each give about 25% DPS boost. Cumulative with other stuff you could get 7-8mil.

I didn't see a movement skill? Flame Dash with arcane surge linked will get you some more damage too. Although I see you look low on mana so that might need looking at to make it work.

That's my ideas, I'm sure somebody better will be along with more, or correct me!

Pretty spot on, I’ll get awakened elemental focus first because it give +1 level at level 5. The other awakened gems are less significant. +2 or +1 socketed (since you have empower 4) gem Shav will be the next upgrade. These two things alone will bring you around 30% more DPS. +4 Shav is usually the last upgrade since it’ll cost around 100ex even at end of league.

I couldn’t see your passive tree so make sure you have the large and medium cluster jewel, watcher eyes. Those will help a lot too. Cobalt jewel with cold dot multi, spell damage, cold dmg, %inc max ES. Each one of those five you incremental DPS increase but amount to a lot when you add them up.
I'm at a point where I can buy Chayula and get rid of CI but I'm not sure why I'm supposed to do that. I will lose some damage on the amulet I'm using, I will only probably gain some HP but I will also lose ES on the amulet so I'm confused why is it better to use Chayula instead of CI. Can anyone explain?
"
kcomeby wrote:
I'm at a point where I can buy Chayula and get rid of CI but I'm not sure why I'm supposed to do that. I will lose some damage on the amulet I'm using, I will only probably gain some HP but I will also lose ES on the amulet so I'm confused why is it better to use Chayula instead of CI. Can anyone explain?

Changing from CI to Low Life allows you to get more DPS, via changing your auras and taking Pain Attunement (as well as other changes to the tree). However, you don't appear to have a Shavs body armour yet, so you should not change to Low Life. Without Shavs you will be killed instantly by any Chaos damage. Chayula is less crucial, it just gives you comfortable chaos res, until you get some elsewhere or it makes it easy to ignore it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info