[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Thanks for the clarification! What about the Watcher´s Eye mod "Adds XX to XX Cold Damage when affected by Hatred"?

It adds to on hit damage, which is pointless for Vortex, because your main damage comes from dot.
If I'm playing CI (don't have the cash for LL yet), is there something I'm missing about why I should go Profane Bloom? The PoB doesn't use any curses, so would profane bloom provide any benefit at all? It looks like it only triggers on cursed enemies, and unless my CWDT triggers enfeeble, nothing will be cursed.

Does it make sense for me to go Forbidden Power instead until I get LL and can fit a blasphemy setup in?
"
Fourlis wrote:
If I'm playing CI (don't have the cash for LL yet), is there something I'm missing about why I should go Profane Bloom? The PoB doesn't use any curses, so would profane bloom provide any benefit at all? It looks like it only triggers on cursed enemies, and unless my CWDT triggers enfeeble, nothing will be cursed.

Does it make sense for me to go Forbidden Power instead until I get LL and can fit a blasphemy setup in?

Witchfire Brew flask curses enemies around when active, allowing profane bloom to trigger.

In section 3.8 you will notice that vile bastion is speced out in favour of Malediction when we switch to LL. This grant us one more curse.

One of the PoB option runs blasphemy with temp chains and enfeeble. (but you can run one curse with blasphemy and rely on witchfire brew if you have mana issue). You my run out of the flask during boss fight, but then you don't care about the final boss exploding or not.

That said, I have to say the guide is not the most easy to navigate. There is so much stuff that I don't know how I would do it anyway :D

hope this help
My turn to have a question. I love my CI (and my vaal regalia), but I want to use the Kiloava lethal pride.

Can you please confirm that placing it in the slot under Minion instability keystone transforms it (or Avatar of Fire) to Glancing Blows?

You will have no regrets!

ty
Last edited by roselan on Jan 3, 2020, 4:36:00 PM
"
Roselan wrote:
My turn to have a question. I love my CI (and my vaal regalia), but I want to use the Kiloava lethal pride.

Can you please confirm that placing it in the slot under Minion instability keystone transforms it (or Avatar of Fire) to Glancing Blows?

You will have no regrets!

ty

Any Keystone with the correct Lethal Pride will turn to Blancing Blows. In general, the EB node was the easiest to get to
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 3, 2020, 4:39:25 PM
"
Roselan wrote:
"
Fourlis wrote:

Witchfire Brew flask curses enemies around when active, allowing profane bloom to trigger.

In section 3.8 you will notice that vile bastion is speced out in favour of Malediction when we switch to LL. This grant us one more curse.

One of the PoB option runs blasphemy with temp chains and enfeeble. (but you can run one curse with blasphemy and rely on witchfire brew if you have mana issue). You my run out of the flask during boss fight, but then you don't care about the final boss exploding or not.

That said, I have to say the guide is not the most easy to navigate. There is so much stuff that I don't know how I would do it anyway :D

hope this help

I'm hoping that some guide updates will help with more clarity, but I'm not sure how I could make it any easier to find things. I don't even know of any other guides that literally have a Table of Contents and number every sections. I would be happy to hear suggestions for more clarity - I want it to be as easy to navigate as possible in the future
"
ShakCentral wrote:
I'm hoping that some guide updates will help with more clarity, but I'm not sure how I could make it any easier to find things. I don't even know of any other guides that literally have a Table of Contents and number every sections. I would be happy to hear suggestions for more clarity - I want it to be as easy to navigate as possible in the future

This is my take on it:

Short sexy introduction
The good, the bad and the ugly

skill gems
- vortex
- cold snap
- etc

skill tree
- LL
- (CI)
- gif, pastebin and poe.party link
- ascendency, bandits, pantheon

gear
- armor and weapons
- jewels
- flasks

Leveling
- new league
- full guide link
- Trees at 10, 20, 40, 80 (gif format)
- swapping to LL

Mechanics and explanations
- "Part 1"

Resources (video, pastebin, trade)
- pastebin
- videos
- Trade searches
- other guides
- fluff
- change log
- todo
- about

There are several ways to use a guide but I doubt lot of people read them like a book. When I was using one (in 3.5) I came back to it regularly to check something. I like direct access to what matters: gems, tree, leveling.

Another thing, don't use small spoilers but BIG ones. When you want to search with ctrl+f, you don't want to open 50 subsections (as search won't work with collapsed folders). With this you have 6. The bullets should be titles, not spoilers.

It's a hot take and I'm pretty sure not everybody would like it. But I feel I'm not alone to have troubles navigating the guide right now. That said, It would be a lot of work to cut the guide and re-stitch together, for a unpredictable result. I'm not sure it's even worth to try. I mean, the guide is good!

"
Roselan wrote:
"
ShakCentral wrote:

This is my take on it:

Short sexy introduction
The good, the bad and the ugly

skill gems
- vortex
- cold snap
- etc

skill tree
- LL
- (CI)
- gif, pastebin and poe.party link
- ascendency, bandits, pantheon

gear
- armor and weapons
- jewels
- flasks

Leveling
- new league
- full guide link
- Trees at 10, 20, 40, 80 (gif format)
- swapping to LL

Mechanics and explanations
- "Part 1"

Resources (video, pastebin, trade)
- pastebin
- videos
- Trade searches
- other guides
- fluff
- change log
- todo
- about

There are several ways to use a guide but I doubt lot of people read them like a book. When I was using one (in 3.5) I came back to it regularly to check something. I like direct access to what matters: gems, tree, leveling.

Another thing, don't use small spoilers but BIG ones. When you want to search with ctrl+f, you don't want to open 50 subsections (as search won't work with collapsed folders). With this you have 6. The bullets should be titles, not spoilers.

It's a hot take and I'm pretty sure not everybody would like it. But I feel I'm not alone to have troubles navigating the guide right now. That said, It would be a lot of work to cut the guide and re-stitch together, for a unpredictable result. I'm not sure it's even worth to try. I mean, the guide is good!

I'm typing this from my phone, so I hope there's not too many errors.

I appreciate the input. The formatting of the guide is unlikely to be changed in a major way, as I'm going for a very close approximation of the "For Dummies" book store, adapting it to online forums as best I can.

There is definitely merit to having less spoilers overall, and it's something I'll be considering in the future. I really appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!
I'm super happy with where I'm now with the build. Melting T16 bosses and metamorphs. I haven't fought Sirius yet but I'm glad I stuck with the build. Now I'm at the point that upgrades will cost so much but I'll keep on trucking until the end of the league.

I just switched from my intuitive leap setup to a thread of hope setup and I'm loving it. I still have room to tweak the passive tree a bit but very happy with what I have right now. I'll try to push for a few more levels.

I reckon my next upgrades will be awakened gems, some catalysts on my mark of the shaper, and a clarity ES watcher's eye. Still unsure if I want/should run a lethal pride/Glancing blow...

Check my profile for my passive tree :) Here's my current gear:

"
"
Hell1986,

Could you give me an example? Don't forget that penetration is different from lowered resists. Things like the -9% Cold Resist on a helmet is not penetration and works with our DoT damage.

These are the ones I found. Maybe there are more. I only noticed it myself recently because wise oak wasn't working in PoB.
Jewel section

-Damage Penetrates #% Elemental Resistance if you haven't killed recently

Flask section

-The wise oak
Last edited by Hell1986 on Jan 4, 2020, 1:16:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info