[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Hey guys!

First of all, sorry if any of this has been answered; the thread has become huge and unfortunately i couldn´t find a way to search within a thread. I read the guide as well as a good portion of the comments section, couldn´t keep up with the latter though.

I have two issues with Elemental Equilibrium:

First, i was wondering why "Adds # to # Cold Damage" is fine, as long as it's not "Cold Damage to spells" is a thing. When checking PoB´s Calcs, both instances from any source add cold damage to OOS and Storm Brand - why would one be fine with EE but the other isn´t?

The second one might be a poe.ninja issue, but maybe someone knows a little more about it. For some reason poe.ninja won´t add EE´s damage to my character by not checking "Enemy was Hit by Light. Damage" and "Ignore Skill Hit Damage" in PoB´s configuration - therefore i will never show up in the top dps list.

Here is the link to my poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/General_Drogonov/I_Like_Unicorns

Am i doing something wrong for the site to not recognizing me using EE properly in the first place?

Any weapon mod that does not specify that it adds something "to all ___" or "to spells" is a local modifier that only affects actual attacks with that weapon. If you're a spellcaster with a wand that has "Adds # to # fire damage", it's literally blank.

The poe.ninja thing is really a non-issue, as it affects everyone. Ninja can only handle very basic PoB calculations, and until a couple of leagues ago didn't have listed DPS at all. It doesn't calculate EE for anyone - it's not just you
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 3, 2020, 11:42:38 AM
Hi!

I have a question/issue that I was wondering if someone could help with.

I'm running the LL version of this build and have Blood Magic - Clarity - Malevolence linked, but can only run one or the other right now, not both. Malevolence reserves almost all my life, and even with clarity at level 1 its always greyed out.

Any tips would be super appreciated!
Thanks for the clarification! What about the Watcher´s Eye mod "Adds XX to XX Cold Damage when affected by Hatred"?
"
Thanks for the clarification! What about the Watcher´s Eye mod "Adds XX to XX Cold Damage when affected by Hatred"?

I asked that question a couple pages back and no one has been able to answer it yet. The only way I know for sure is to have someone with that watcher's eye enable Hatred and look at the tool tip in game for Storm Brand and Orb of Storms and see if it lists cold damage on them. Any takers???

As far as your comment on searching. Google this:
<whatever you are searching> site:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Very clever with the google search; thanks a lot for that!
As far as I know, the flat added damage mod on the Hatred Watcher's Eye does nothing for us. It needs to be on spells
I ended up using a Crusader's orb for the prefix here and got Phys reduced by lightning, so I'm pretty happy overall with the helm. I figured all of Crusader's prefixes can be used for this build.

I will have enough mana to run 1 more aura between 25-35% reservation once I get enlighten. I was deciding between:

1) Purity of Lightning with this helm seems like a good option, max lightning res and less reliance on Lightning Res on gear. (And in the future immune to shock Watcher's Eye would be pretty slick)

2) Getting Aspect of the Spider, more damage and slow is always good.

Which do you guys think would be more beneficial? I guess it comes down to defensive or offensive. Just looking for opinions.
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
I ended up using a Crusader's orb for the prefix here and got Phys reduced by lightning, so I'm pretty happy overall with the helm. I figured all of Crusader's prefixes can be used for this build.

I will have enough mana to run 1 more aura between 25-35% reservation once I get enlighten. I was deciding between:

1) Purity of Lightning with this helm seems like a good option, max lightning res and less reliance on Lightning Res on gear. (And in the future immune to shock Watcher's Eye would be pretty slick)

Which do you guys think would be more beneficial? I guess it comes down to defensive or offensive. Just looking for opinions.

Spider is out of control good. Pretty hard to justify not using it if you have the option
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
Blood_Sail wrote:

Spider is out of control good. Pretty hard to justify not using it if you have the option

Does Spider's slow stack with Temp Chains? I thought it was only the highest slow is applied, in which case it's just 15% increased damage that Aspect of the Spider adds, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
Blood_Sail wrote:

Does Spider's slow stack with Temp Chains? I thought it was only the highest slow is applied, in which case it's just 15% increased damage that Aspect of the Spider adds, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aspect is a Hinder, not a slow. They're treated differently, and therefore stack :)
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 3, 2020, 3:40:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info