[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

that sirus....what a demoralizing fight jesus christ
I am definitely missing something.
I've got around 5k ES on a pretty budget gear (LL build) but mobs deals damage to my LIFE, not the ES. Why should I take the Eldritch Battery node then?
I'm such a newbie and just don't get how it all should work together
"
domac wrote:

Stopped playing because of that clusterfuck several days ago. Also grinding out the whole atlas takes way too long imho. The patch they are going to roll out comes too late. WoW 8.3 patch already around the corner.
Last edited by Gixxpunk on Jan 4, 2020, 5:07:09 AM

11k ES, 1.3m shaper dps. Deathless Uber Elder and Uber Sirus done. Fantastic build.
"
SrankFinatra wrote:
I am definitely missing something.
I've got around 5k ES on a pretty budget gear (LL build) but mobs deals damage to my LIFE, not the ES. Why should I take the Eldritch Battery node then?
I'm such a newbie and just don't get how it all should work together

You don't want Eldritch Battery to be active in this build, because Eldritch Battery (as it says) makes energy shield protect mana instead of life, which is why mobs are going straight to your life and probably killing you a lot. EB is a major no no for CI or low life builds, because those builds need energy shield to protect life so we actually have a pool of hit points.

The reason why some trees for this build will allocate Eldritch Battery is that they are using a specific legion jewel in another socket to transform the eldritch battery keystone into something else (some socketable jewels in the passive tree will 'conquer' passives and make them do different things). So the goal isn't to allocate Eldritch Battery for itself, but to have a keystone you don't want that you can turn into a different one. If you don't understand this and don't have the right jewels, just don't take EB for now.
Last edited by joreza on Jan 4, 2020, 9:14:40 AM
"
joreza wrote:

The reason why some trees for this build will allocate Eldritch Battery is that they are using a specific legion jewel in another socket to transform the eldritch battery keystone into something else (some socketable jewels in the passive tree will 'conquer' passives and make them do different things). So the goal isn't to allocate Eldritch Battery for itself, but to have a keystone you don't want that you can turn into a different one. If you don't understand this and don't have the right jewels, just don't take EB for now.

Ohhh, I see. Thank You so much :3 As for now, i cannot afford the jewel, so i just used a regret orb on EB.

One more thing. How is it possible to get 10-12k ES? I mean, I know my gear is not perfect, but difference between 6k (with the discipline aura) and 11k is freaking HUGE. I don't think that's just all bad rolls. Am I lacking of skill points for now? And if yes, would that make such a huge difference? Maybe there is something to improve in my skill tree?
What do You guys think, how much ES should I have on 83lvl? For now it's only 5.5k

There is a link to my PoE profile (SrankFinatra):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SrankFinatra/characters

I would really appreciate some help, bois.
Thanx :3
"
Gixxpunk wrote:
"
domac wrote:

Stopped playing because of that clusterfuck several days ago. Also grinding out the whole atlas takes way too long imho. The patch they are going to roll out comes too late. WoW 8.3 patch already around the corner.

I agree. Between that horrible Sirus fight and all the bugs with spawning conquerors, no eye drops and so on I lost the fun with this league. I hope they fix all this for the next league.

That being said: Thanks Shak for this great guide, had a lot of fun with this build, cleared all content without many issues :)
"
Ohhh, I see. Thank You so much :3 As for now, i cannot afford the jewel, so i just used a regret orb on EB.

One more thing. How is it possible to get 10-12k ES? I mean, I know my gear is not perfect, but difference between 6k (with the discipline aura) and 11k is freaking HUGE. I don't think that's just all bad rolls. Am I lacking of skill points for now? And if yes, would that make such a huge difference? Maybe there is something to improve in my skill tree?
What do You guys think, how much ES should I have on 83lvl? For now it's only 5.5k

There is a link to my PoE profile (SrankFinatra):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SrankFinatra/characters

I would really appreciate some help, bois.
Thanx :3

You'll see a pretty big increase by the following. It's all small increments that adds up together:

* better belt
* life or defence catalysts on your Presence of Chayula (24% life conversion)
* 8-10 more levels worth of passive (finishing the mending nodes and getting a Energy Within Jewel will boost a lot!)
* Migrate your passive three to a intuitive leap or thread of hope setup to free up more passive points
* having a watcher's eye with mana->extra ES when running clarity is a huge boost, but a costly upgrade. I'm currently at 9.4k ES and missing this jewel, once I have, I'll be around 11k ES.

Also, some observations:

* Not sure what's going on with your flasks. You shouldn't need any life flasks and don't need any mana flasks unless you're running a no-regen map.
* What's going on with the missing skill gems?
* You should be running: malevolence, discipline, and hatred in your prism guardian, then run a dual curse setup in your glove/boots and you can run clarity

feel free to check my character for inspiration or some of the top ones on pob.ninja.

Hope this helps.
Thoughts on using this helm?

From what I understand the 50% increased res also applies to negative resists, which we easily apply with curse + exposure + EE

Also wondering what my priorities should be for upgrading

Have Kiloava jewel and energy from within as well.

Profile should be open if you'd like to take a closer look
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on Jan 5, 2020, 2:46:22 AM
This is just a suggestion!

Why don't you use frostbolt?

I get rid of cold snap while putting frostbolt + greater multiple projectile + spell echo + faster casting support in helmet.
Then sequentially cast frostbolt + vortex!

5-6 vortexes over the screen, much faster clearing speed while relatively safe for staying far from mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info