[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
BigJules wrote:
"
HatMoney83 wrote:
So how do you guys fight Chimera? Literally the only boss that I die against.

when he goes invisible I just dash between the smoke clouds dropping vortexes until I find him. you can also cold snap one of the clouds that's far away from you. I think I only died to him once, even when my dps was much lower than it is now. What exactly is giving you problems with him?

So my understanding of the fight is that you run through the smoke clouds until you find the one Chimera is in. Mind you I play on Xbox and I can't really control the distance of Flame Dash. I can either travel the full distance of FD by activating it while running or half the distance if I stop running and activate FD. The half distance FD isn't a viable option because it takes the same amount of time to do that as the full distance except I'm probably not going to FD in the direction I want and it's just a clunky mechanic on console. Basically when he goes into smoke phase I have to find him quick cus I am losing health quickly, I can FD but I will lose health at the end of the animation. Since I can't control the distance I will likely FD past the smoke clouds. So the only thing I can do to not miss any smoke clouds is run unless the smoke cloud is really far away and I can use the occasional FD. With mostly running and the occasional FD that causes me to miss the clouds half the time I'm usually dead in about 5-10 seconds.
Finally finished my theory crafted helm. Took me almost two months of farming harvest and I gave up trying to hit double t1 ES prefix's after like 70 + augments and remove/add defense.

Its double Elevated mods with Essence mod
Great build. One of the smoothest builds I ever played.

I cleared all content with it on SSF (Sirus AL9, Maven, Uber Elder, Simulacrum), except The Feared (doing it later today) and The Forgotten (can't find an Augmented Distant Memory).

I progressed through all versions of the build: started as Life, then very easily (thanks to Harvest) switched to CI, and finally switched to LL when I got very lucky 6-linking a Shavs. The build survivability scales very well when you switch to CI, and the DPS skyrockets when you go LL (and honestly I don't feel much of a difference in survivability from CI to LL with Chaos Res capped).

My gear:
Spoiler

Still could get upgrades, but I will be done with the League as soon as I finish the last challenge for 36/40. I am not very familiar with prices, but I risk saying my gear would cost less than 10ex.

My PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/HrQS8kvN

Some videos:
The Maven deathless
Sirus AL9 deathless
Last edited by Freakey_ on Mar 27, 2021, 1:41:43 PM
This time in league way yup less than 10 ex. Found a Mirror in ssf i see gj for that :)
Last edited by Bogdanovici1 on Mar 28, 2021, 6:43:56 AM
Hi, I just have tried this build for the few days left in this league.
But i have some problems to run this build smoothly,
i have problem with the regen of the ES, i dont know how we can regen this enough for the defense. I try to use Cinderswallow flask but it is only fine when i kill creeps (sometimes i still died suddenly) When i face the map bosses i dont think it works because we dont have creeps to kill or easy run of out this flask the regen is zero.
Can you take a look my POB and give me some advise which i doing wrong somethings?
Thank you!
Here my POB: https://pastebin.com/y0GYxBWg
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hi, I just have tried this build for the few days left in this league.
But i have some problems to run this build smoothly,
i have problem with the regen of the ES, i dont know how we can regen this enough for the defense. I try to use Cinderswallow flask but it is only fine when i kill creeps (sometimes i still died suddenly) When i face the map bosses i dont think it works because we dont have creeps to kill or easy run of out this flask the regen is zero.
Can you take a look my POB and give me some advise which i doing wrong somethings?
Thank you!
Here my POB: https://pastebin.com/y0GYxBWg

As far as I can tell the main difference between your tree and the guide is that you are not taking vile bastion. that would boost your ES regen, as well as giving you stun immunity without Chayula. Most folks deviate a bit from the guide in the final stages of LL as there are cluster jewel combinations that work a bit better than those in the guide and folks are also taking Zealot's oath on the tree for added regen.

GL

"
Roselan wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:
What is the vortex slinger I hear some people talk about?

Very personal take: It's crap.

If you want better clear use:
cyclone - cwc - gmp - frostbolt

The clear is better than vortexslinger, but you need a scepter to spin.

you can use one or two frozen trails instead of gmp. That opens a link. Flamewall is fun, culling strike probably nice, brutality helps for ee but only with divergent frostbolt.

You can use elder fortify boots or even the stampede for more fun.

Without Fortify boots, fortify support is my fav 4th link, followed by flamewall. As annoint for the stampede I usually go with Growth and Decay.

I mean the point of vortex is that you never stop, and with cold slinger you stop all the time to attack with your punny wand.

First off, I have to thank you. Had an unreal time playing my first ever season using your cyclone fortify method for curse application - very smooth.

I will definitely being playing the build again for Ultimatum, I just a have a couple of questions.

What is your optimum frost bolt mapping setup? I notice you have a white socket in your boots. Is this deliberate to run GMP or do you just switch in a couple of frozen trails?

How important is the 30% reduced c/d enchant? Without having a GG helm is it worth the 0.15s extra coverage? At my DPS level swapping to an enchanted ES resist helm was around a 15% dps loss. Do you think the 15% increased coverage makes up for this? Or is it worth waiting until you can get a few more levels on vortex to really get it down.

Any tips for next season? I was doing OK farming valdo's and dune legions but sounds like this build shines during boss farming? What does a typical farming session look like for you?

End game Jewels are massive a boost. +4 cdot, 8% es, 20%+ increased damage. I don't want to sacrifice one so I use GMP in my setup. For big boss like sirus/maven/ue I use cyclone - cwc - frostbite - ele weakness, with a Mark of the Shaper ring (for mapping I use a Frosbite on hit ring instead). I keep whispers of doom plugged on the tree at all time, even if I use only 1 curse while mapping with GMP. So yes, the white socket is very deliberate, it allows me swap setup easily (when I don't forget to do it...).

At league start one frozen trail is the way to go, with fortify as 4th gem. You get a bit less ground coverage but it's largely enough.

The Cooldown enchant, I just like it. You get more vortex and cover more of the screen. It clears faster but it's not high priority with the frostbolt setup. Honestly, the 40% inc damage is probably better as it messes less with EE for bosses and costs less mana per second to cast.

For farming, I just clear most of the map and do most content, except abysses. I can't unlock a full legion unless i have the extra time one. I did run nearly all maps to get the maven multiboss fight fight. After my 36 challenges I started to skip ritual in maps as they were too slow, and ran mainly Canyon with jun, Park with Niko (and the crazy speed from sulphite), and atoll/caldera for Harvest. Usually 4 sextants, alch 80+, 4 scarabs (4 frags in proxima). The aim is to trigger Sirus fights. Other big boss are good too.

For next league, wait for patch notes. They will reshuffle regions and kill valdo harbingers, that's for certain. Unveils will be messed up and I hope the trigger craft won't be nerfed in the rewamp.

Thanks for the reply, great info.

Will keep a lookout for a frostbite ring this season then.

Fingers crossed for reasonable unveiling changes...
"
Powerchamp wrote:
Thanks for the reply, great info.

Will keep a lookout for a frostbite ring this season then.

Fingers crossed for reasonable unveiling changes...

It think its very high possibility Betrayal is going to be very strong for crafting this league.

If Veiled Chaos Orbs work just like normal chaos orbs and respect Meta Crafts once. Then there will be ways to use this as deterministic way of slamming a t1 veiled mod to a already well rolled rare.

Plus Aisling can Augment Veiled mods.
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 12, 2021, 1:47:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info